ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
It’s two for two don’t jinx it
Anything for the team. I’m testing out the new @jkdood gif. He’s the dood. Here I have him taking out @imurcane aka imurloon. What do you think?

585C01F1-47C9-4941-91DC-EE9A0A34C248.gif

He’s versatile.

4B1E4452-ACD7-4C52-803B-36C046A57748.gif

I would have preferred Xavier as the opponent. We would have run them off the court.

Texas has multiple players that can score. They lit up Xavier. Game wasn't close.

Miami vs UT will be an absolute barnburner.

We can win. Offensively, we need a repeat of tonight's performance against UH. That would do nicely.

Where we have an edge:

Omier in the paint: He'll need to have a big night & be an absolute menace in the paint with his physical brand of ball. Norchad please dominate the Texas cowpokes in the paint. UT is not particularly tall. Good matchup for us from that standpoint.

Defense: we've got to harass them on D & contest every one of their shots (similar to what we did against UH) and get them out of their shooting rhythm to win. This will be a huge key.

Rebounding: Norchad & EVERYONE else. Fight for every rebound & every loose ball & we can win.

Nijel ** Pack: he's a "bad" man!

This game will be awesome. Can't wait to see it. We absolutely can win but it will be an intense battle. Norchad needs to beat them into submission with his big a@@ and broad shoulders (Charles Barkley-style) and Pack, Wong & Miller need to finish them off (in the paint & raining some patented 3-bombs on them). Go Canes!

Thing about Pack being scorching from 3 is that Texas is going to make sure to not let him get his shot off from deep and they’re going to fall for shot fakes. He will need to drive the ball in the paint to open the 3s back up. Opens up a lot for us.

Excited for the matchup. Nothing to lose, underdogs again. Go Canes

Advertisement
I posted earlier about the Cane teams evolution to ELITE before the HU game.
I’m not a BB guys but I know TEAM and a teams belief and love for there coach snd what I’ve witnessed and how they belong .

I was told to check my testosterone levels here on a post and was pushed aside as an ole man sitting on his plums to be ignored.

Well we are ELITE we do belong we may just be the BEST BB team in the country right now .

This TEAM plays with PASSION they DUMPED there terrible selfish pride and replaced it with LOVE .

Dumping there selfish pride in the trash got this TEAM here
When you dump selfishness the results are what your watching in Men and ladies Canes BB

Ray Lewis said best before Super Bowl huddling his D :

“ FEEL MY PASSION “

I don’t have over abundance of testosterone I has PASSION.

GOCANES

Don’t hype Texas up the next 48 hours.

We obviously need to play well to win but for those who immediately discredit teams Houston was as good as anyone in the country and we dismantled them. “Oh you are the best def in the country. Suck if”

Tomorrow is a bit about styles, a bit about coaching, but now fatigue and little aches and pains. Who can turn it around in 48 hours and put forth a championship effort.

Watching a replay of Texas vs Xavier on CBSSHD. Desu lasted 2 minutes. He clearly cannot run

Will be interesting to see if Texas training staff gets him good enough to play tomorrow. Apparently it's a bone bruise in his foot.

EDIT: From the Texas 247 site last night: Sources said Disu suffered the bone bruise against Penn State, didn't practice on Monday while getting treatment and felt better until he re-aggravated the injury in practice Thursday. He tried to give it a go against Xavier, but lasted only two minutes and was ruled out to return.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Texas is the better matchup for us from a personnel standpoint.

Omier & Miller matchup well with Dillon Mitchell & Dylan Disu.

Xavier is a veteran team with a lot of Guard depth & really good 7ft’er with Jack Nunge.

Texas shoots the ball well, but they don’t rebound worth a sh*t, Omier would DOMINATE on the glass vs Texas.

Pack, Wong, Miller & Pop will run on the Longhorns all day & Omier will eat in the paint.

Bring me Texas
Two questions I have. Will Disu suit up against us? How is Omier's ankle today?

Texas defense is like Houston's. Usually, pretty darn good. They try to speed you up and make you rush into TOs. Can't expect another outside shooting performance like we had yesterday every game. Or, can we?

We're in the "loaded" side of the bracket unfortunately. With Texas, UConn and Gonzaga. The other side, with K State, FAU, SDSU and Creighton looks far less daunting.

This team can lose to anyone but can also beat anyone. If the team that showed up vs Drake shows up Sunday it won’t matter. But if the team from Friday shows up….it won’t matter. This team could win it all. They have everything it takes but they need to play their best ball 3 more times.
Sorta true of all teams. Every one of this Elite Eight had played a few clunkers in a 30 game + season. Also, doesn't sound like you credit opponents' skills/game plans at all. It's not always just how WE play that determines an outcome.

Just watched rest of UT-Xavier game, Texas is going to be a problem. Need to bring the d out. They were lethal going to rack and mid range game. Pack the lane again and hope their 3's aren't falling. Their d is like ours.

Texas is the better matchup for us from a personnel standpoint.

Omier & Miller matchup well with Dillon Mitchell & Dylan Disu.

Xavier is a veteran team with a lot of Guard depth & really good 7ft’er with Jack Nunge.

Texas shoots the ball well, but they don’t rebound worth a sh*t, Omier would DOMINATE on the glass vs Texas.

Pack, Wong, Miller & Pop will run on the Longhorns all day & Omier will eat in the paint.

Bring me Texas
Actually Texas is very experienced and athletic at guard, which is mandatory in successful tournament play.

As you stated, they are not a very good rebounding team.

The difference is nobody has an answer for Norchad. The guy wants every rebound and won't be denied. Rebounding is about effort and nobody is outworking him.

Every great tournament team has great guard play and a dominate big. We have it.

Advertisement
Actually Texas is very experienced and athletic at guard, which is mandatory in successful tournament play.

As you stated, they are not a very good rebounding team.

The difference is nobody has an answer for Norchad. The guy wants every rebound and won't be denied. Rebounding is about effort and nobody is outworking him.

Every great tournament team has great guard play and a dominate big. We have it.
Hope you’re right

Advertisement
Two questions I have. Will Disu suit up against us? How is Omier's ankle today?

Texas defense is like Houston's. Usually, pretty darn good. They try to speed you up and make you rush into TOs. Can't expect another outside shooting performance like we had yesterday every game. Or, can we?

We're in the "loaded" side of the bracket unfortunately. With Texas, UConn and Gonzaga. The other side, with K State, FAU, SDSU and Creighton looks far less daunting.
I think Disu will try, much like tonight, but I doubt he will be able to play hard enough to be effective..

One of my favorite traits of this team is the bum rushes we seem to have. You know we are in a back and forth and then we hit an and one, they miss, we hit a 3, get a turnover and another three, etc etc. then 3 minutes later a team that was up two is down 8.
Those little explosions on offense are key. We have scored 15 in like 4/5 minutes all year long. If we don't have the scoring droughts that often come with it, we are hard to defend.

One of my favorite traits of this team is the bum rushes we seem to have. You know we are in a back and forth and then we hit an and one, they miss, we hit a 3, get a turnover and another three, etc etc. then 3 minutes later a team that was up two is down 8.
To be fair, Basketball is a game of runs.

Advertisement
Back