ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
Matthew Mcconaughey Hook Em GIF by Texas Longhorns

Bring me this clown
Him and the rock should cut a promo for CBS.. Someone work on this ASAP

Texas is the better matchup for us from a personnel standpoint.

Omier & Miller matchup well with Dillon Mitchell & Dylan Disu.

Xavier is a veteran team with a lot of Guard depth & really good 7ft’er with Jack Nunge.

Texas shoots the ball well, but they don’t rebound worth a sh*t, Omier would DOMINATE on the glass vs Texas.

Pack, Wong, Miller & Pop will run on the Longhorns all day & Omier will eat in the paint.

Bring me Texas
1679718935613.gif

Advertisement
Our team is strong af rn. Elite guard play with Wong and Pack, an explosive & fast-paced offense that’s also efficient, top tier paint presence with Omier who’s crashing the boards like a madman, all this while limiting TOs, etc. I always liked our chances of returning to the elite eight this season.

Since playing Drake, we’ve put up two 80+ pt games with leads of 16 and 14 respectively. Beating a 1st seed Houston in resounding fashion was big time. UConn might be the only team that can match us rn, but we can beat anyone in this tournament imo. Our players are RELENTLESS. Coach L is a GOAT fr.

**** it let’s win it all 🙌🏼
Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Since you’re a Longhorn I believe, do you like this matchup?
Yup, I am a Longhorn. I have no idea yet on how we match up, will have to do a little poking around tomorrow and check out Miami roster and recent games. I honestly didn't think the horns would make it this far. They are a generally talented and athletic team but no great strength to point to. They should get beaten by bigger teams (Gonzaga, Xavier, etc) but often don't, but then lose games they really shouldn't.

Disu out - as I am pretty sure he will be - is a big hit to the team. He was in the zone for the past 6 or 7 games. He isn't a big banger but has a really nice turn around jumper and soft floater. His backup (Bishop) is more 'forceful' sometimes but is smaller and lacks the shooting skills and isn't nearly as long on defense.

Advertisement
Back