Elite 2017 RB Robert Burns commits to Miami

How does Burns compare to Duke coming out?

Physically Burns > Duke

Burns is bigger than Duke is RIGHT NOW and this kid is a Soph in HS... LOL

Straight line speed, it's Duke

Wiggle, quickness: Duke

Between the tackles: Burns

Workhorse: Burns

Franchise: Burns

Explosiveness: Duke

Advertisement
I went out of my way not to be an ******* in response to your nonsensical marathon of a post, but unsurprisingly you came back with nothing but more ignorant condescension.

Having the top-ranked class for 2016, in February 2015, means very little. Anyone with any semblance of common sense realizes this, especially after witnessing how awful Golden has been at closing in the previous three recruiting cycles.

Oh yeah and conveniently in your unrelenting criticism you also leave out the one fact, that any one person who gets paid to give their opinion on this subject matter would point to as being one of the largest recruiting obstacles faced by any top tier program coach over the last 4-5 years.

The largest obstacle faced by any top-tier program over the last 4-5 years wasn't anything caused by Coker or Shannon. It's not clouds, wind, YouTube videos, or night games. It's Al Golden's ineptitude. Obviously.

We had the #1 class after a 5-7 season in 2008 because we experienced the recruiting bump that every new coach at a major program experiences. It was Randy Shannon's second year. This is Al Golden's fifth. Anyone who doesn't see the difference is a spectacular moron.

What matters more? A grand total of five recruits ranked in the Top 50 in Dade & Broward enrolling at Miami in the recruiting cycle that just ended a few weeks ago? Or having a bunch of premier talent verbally commit (aka placehold) 12 months in advance, before Golden has another chance to embarrass this program further on the field in his fifth season? The answer should be obvious.

Golden has proven he is the exact opposite of the type of coach who can land his pick of South Florida kids.

Shalala is the biggest problem with our football program but you guys are so ready to give her the keys on the next 5 years without any hesitation.

I haven't seen anyone say this. Ever. Shalala is universally despised, both here and at the WEZ. You're just randomly pulling s*** out of thin air.
Quick question for you.. why is going out of your way NOT being an *******?

Also tell me how I am being ignorant when I am posting unbiased facts that your completely ignoring out regard for your own biased agenda. Do you really understand what your doing and then accusing me of? I really don't think you do.

Also I am sure the other D1 coaches recruiting this area would agree with you and are not concerned one bit about Golden current 2016 class. They are likely not going to change their approach to this area at all. Why should they? Every single one of these kids will be up for the picking as sure as death and taxes. To take a quote from Coker "Just go read the recruiting forums".

And if Golden has proven he cant land a kid, why are these kids committed. Please insert your BS excuse here _________________
And maybe that's mean, but I am sure your not going to give me any facts to the contrary because the truth is that these kids are all stating they don't agree with what your saying, but yet you expect us to take your opinions as truths over what these kids are telling us. The last time I checked... its these kids who actually get to make this decisions. But yet (just to point out again) you complain that I am coming from an ignorant point of view and your not. I am thinking this is more proof that you may want to check the definition of your accusation. Like these kids don't understand the game. Like someone made them commit. Yes some will bounce, some wont be able to get in but if this class continues to grow there is no denying that's it going to be a great class.

And I am really not sure how you cant compute that firing a coach isn't a full blown solution. In order for it to work you must bring in someone behind him who can turn things around and hit the ground running. And no top tier coach will come here until this administration fully supports football and fully spends what they can afford. But to you this is pulling things out of the air simply because the lambs on this site are not screaming about in every single post. Like it or not its a major issue with Miami's ability to hire a decent coach regardless of what anyone says on this site. Its the number one reason why we got Shannon and the number one reason why we got Golden. I mean once again your calling me ignorant when your explanation of a known fact is that its not important because people on this site are not talking about it. All I can say is WOW dude!

And to answer your question about what matters more. Hold onto your box of tampons with this one... The future always matters more because its the only thing you can change.

dsb1.gif

That's all well and good, but we're almost a year away (or 2 for the 2017 kids) from knowing whether it means anything. I'll be impressed with the 2016 class when they send in their LOI's. "Commitment" means nothing to these kids right now.

Serious question for you. Not being a smart ***.

Since none of this matters anyways. If all that counts is signees... why are you on this site? Why not just watch on NSD. The rest is just torture.

Good question... This is my explanation.... This site is like the finest cheeba out of Humboldt County... it has me addicted... only to set me up like some purp.. looks good smell good taste good but where's the buzz.. throw a tandrem... only to rinse dry and repeat.... (grape ape where it's at $)

Now I can deal with that especially right about now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's all well and good, but we're almost a year away (or 2 for the 2017 kids) from knowing whether it means anything. I'll be impressed with the 2016 class when they send in their LOI's. "Commitment" means nothing to these kids right now.

Since none of this matters anyways. If all that counts is signees... why are you on this site? Why not just watch on NSD. The rest is just torture.

Good question... This is my explanation.... This site is like the finest cheeba out of Humboldt County... it has me addicted... only to set me up like some purp.. looks good smell good taste good but where's the buzz.. throw a tandrem... only to rinse dry and repeat.... (grape ape where it's at $)
agreed its like asking a junkie why he doesn't just stay away from drugs if he knows they are bad for him.

So your saying they get off on bashing the U and any kid who commits to it and its more of an emotional response instead of a rational response. They just can't lay off the bolo. Making more sense all the time. I mean it was obviously not a left brained response but I had dismissed it as being an estrogen dominated response but your saying its really a response driven by the Insula. From some reason thinking of these responses as crack head responses really helps me get it. Thanks!

giphy.gif

Great pickup......................are we recruiting the middle linebacker from American heritage Lawrence caged?

Not tall maybe 6' about 235 but he runs like a cheetahs for that size.

I hate Golden as much as anyone here, but we should be excited when we get a commit of his caliber regardless of Golden's many past failures.

See now this is what I expected to see from an 18 yr old sophomore... jumps out at you from the gate.... i didn't see that from the RB we got from Killian....

This 15/16 yr old sophomore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>{>>>>>>>>>>>>>{>>{{{{{{>>>>>>>> 18 YR old sophomore not even close capice

Edit : Let the negs begin hoo hoo ahahahahaaaa

Lmao [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Advertisement
Dude is a beast. How is he viewed compared to other backs in the area over the last 5 or so years?

Advertisement
Great pickup......................are we recruiting the middle linebacker from American heritage Lawrence caged?

Not tall maybe 6' about 235 but he runs like a cheetahs for that size.

You mean Bradley Clement? http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3709824/bradley-clement

And as of right now, no....

I think he was referring to Lawrence Graham of American Heritage B/D

Either or are talented LBs

Even better question. Why are you constantly on the recruiting board? Can't you stick to Eye in the Sky if you don't think any of this commitment talk matters? No hate just real talk dude

That's a completely backwards response...

I seem to be the one guy who is actually stoked about the kids in this class and the one guys who is standing up on his soap box begging people to stop the negativity and get behind this class and some how to you that means it doesn't matter to me? LOL what's next a golden lover comment.

I was agreeing with you guy. Sorry if not clear, but was referring to sebastian

I didn't say "none of this matters". I said that these kids don't care about "commitment". We see it year after year. Kids commit to multiple schools, commit but keep looking, commit but call themselves a "soft commit". Schools aren't any better. They give out offers, but don't let kids commit. They pull offers. They push commits out by not "showing love" or just stopping communication. Happens every year, and gets worse every year. So, I just don't get worked up about this commitment stuff, because it ends up meaning very little by the time NSD rolls around.

I'm here because I'm interested in learning what I can about prospects, but I don't get hyped up about a bunch of "commits" until they actually sign. Some of the trolling that goes on is pretty entertaining, too. Keith Bryant and Dalvin Cook were pure gold.

Advertisement
Back