Elite 2017 RB Robert Burns commits to Miami

You guys don't get it.

Your so blinded by hate that your only capable of seeing what the other delusional people on this site are running around screaming over and over again.

There is something big going on in South Florida right now and that's that young local talent are becoming more and more hyped on the Hurricanes.

Everyone wants to judge Golden on last years class but they don't want to give him any credit for what else is going on. How about you be straight and give him blame for both. That leaves all biases out of it.

I am not so worried about the numbers and the stars, but I am increasingly excited about the fact that a there is a crowd of top level local young kids who are not only hyped about Miami but are committing early at numbers rarely seen and already starting to form bonds in this class. This is a big deal for Miami and its already starting to spill over into other classes. There are also many top level elite kids who go to the same schools as the kids we have committed... so this class could get exponentially more stupid in a blink of an eye.

Sometimes things take time. Sometimes coaches have to learn to get it right. You know Rome wasn't built in a day all that cliche crap. Point is no one knows for sure and if you cant take a realistic look at actual trends then your not really making informed unbiased opinion.

You do not have to have a winning season to turn things around in recruiting. All you have to do is get local kids hyped and if this isn't proof that there is an upwave on local kids getting hyped WTF is it? If your not a troll then what other valid reason could you have to come on here and spew negativity that could end up hurting this class? Why are you fighting it. Would you throw your lottery ticket away after the first three numbers hit because you know you never win the lottery?

Also all of our problems started at Miami when Coker killed recruiting. Randy could never win it back consistently and ****ed off a lot of local schools in the process. Our problem at Miami has more to do with losing the very best talent in the area than it does coaching. If we can sure up recruiting back to the Butch like days then you will win 11 games a season consistently. Their is a roster that could compare to the 2001 roster every four years out of South Florida high schools.

Truthfully this recruiting things means way more to me than the coaching aspect of it does. Its why sites like this exist.

Just remember people complain about coaches on this board all the time and then they go and get better jobs. Go figure.

I would let Bobby Bowden come coach right now for the U if in return you gave me my pick of South Florid kids every year.
And guess what.. I would win. I would be the worst coached team in college but I would win in spite of it.

All you need is some hype? Hashtag Al gunna lock it down then!!

Advertisement
Everyone wants to judge Golden on last years class but they don't want to give him any credit for what else is going on. How about you be straight and give him blame for both. That leaves all biases out of it.

People aren't just judging Golden on how awful the 2015 recruiting class was. Most importantly, we just went 6-7 in his fourth year on the job. Even though we'll have 5-6 players drafted in the Top 100, had much improved QB play compared to the prior season (Kaaya was a True Freshman All-American who undeniably played at a higher level than Morris did as a graduating senior in 2013), and faced a very manageable schedule.

We went 6-7 and ended up with a terrible class that ended up ranked around 30th. Why on earth would any UM fan give him anything but unrelenting criticism for what he's doing to our program?

You do not have to have a winning season to turn things around in recruiting.

When you're a coach heading into your fifth season at a program with a storied history of winning championships that's located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country? Coming off a disastrous, embarrassing, inexcusable losing season? You absolutely have to win to turn things around in recruiting.

All you have to do is get local kids hyped and if this isn't proof that there is an upwave on local kids getting hyped WTF is it?

It's lipstick on a pig. Verbal commits 12 months away from NSD are nice, but most of these kids are not going to stick when/if we s*** the bed on the field again. We had 15 decommitments last year with a class that never had much premier talent aside from the RB group that went from 4 stud commits to 1 by NSD. Every top program will look to raid this class over the next 12 months. If we don't win anything meaningful this season, it'll be even more of a recruiting bloodbath.

That's all well and good, but we're almost a year away (or 2 for the 2017 kids) from knowing whether it means anything. I'll be impressed with the 2016 class when they send in their LOI's. "Commitment" means nothing to these kids right now.

Serious question for you. Not being a smart ***.

Since none of this matters anyways. If all that counts is signees... why are you on this site? Why not just watch on NSD. The rest is just torture.

That's all well and good, but we're almost a year away (or 2 for the 2017 kids) from knowing whether it means anything. I'll be impressed with the 2016 class when they send in their LOI's. "Commitment" means nothing to these kids right now.

Since none of this matters anyways. If all that counts is signees... why are you on this site? Why not just watch on NSD. The rest is just torture.

Good question... This is my explanation.... This site is like the finest cheeba out of Humboldt County... it has me addicted... only to set me up like some purp.. looks good smell good taste good but where's the buzz.. throw a tandrem... only to rinse dry and repeat.... (grape ape where it's at $)

Advertisement

Good question... This is my explanation.... This site is like the finest cheeba out of Humboldt County... it has me addicted... only to set me up like some purp.. looks good smell good taste good but where's the buzz.. throw a tandrem... only to rinse dry and repeat.... (grape ape where it's at $)
agreed its like asking a junkie why he doesn't just stay away from drugs if he knows they are bad for him.

I've never blamed AG for missing on some talent here. My only (but monumental) issue with him is preparing those kids on his roster and winning with them on game day.
As much as I dislike him as a head coach, recruiting will not be the reason of his downfall. every HC came to Miami (apart from Howard maybe) missed on some big time recruits. AG had enough talent to do much better on the field than he did in his 4th year as a HC at Miami. It is not about recruiting deficiency.

Even better question. Why are you constantly on the recruiting board? Can't you stick to Eye in the Sky if you don't think any of this commitment talk matters? No hate just real talk dude

People aren't just judging Golden on how awful the 2015 recruiting class was. Most importantly, we just went 6-7 in his fourth year on the job. Even though we'll have 5-6 players drafted in the Top 100, had much improved QB play compared to the prior season (Kaaya was a True Freshman All-American who undeniably played at a higher level than Morris did as a graduating senior in 2013), and faced a very manageable schedule.

We went 6-7 and ended up with a terrible class that ended up ranked around 30th. Why on earth would any UM fan give him anything but unrelenting criticism for what he's doing to our program?

When you're a coach heading into your fifth season at a program with a storied history of winning championships that's located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country? Coming off a disastrous, embarrassing, inexcusable losing season? You absolutely have to win to turn things around in recruiting.

All you have to do is get local kids hyped and if this isn't proof that there is an upwave on local kids getting hyped WTF is it?

It's lipstick on a pig. Verbal commits 12 months away from NSD are nice, but most of these kids are not going to stick when/if we s*** the bed on the field again. We had 15 decommitments last year with a class that never had much premier talent aside from the RB group that went from 4 stud commits to 1 by NSD. Every top program will look to raid this class over the next 12 months. If we don't win anything meaningful this season, it'll be even more of a recruiting bloodbath.

And lets not forget the context of this argument. We currently have the number one class in 2016. So when you say why give him anything than unrelenting criticism is kind of odd how you just leave that part out. No college coach has done any better recruiting their 2016 class then has Golden. Some people who don't know any better would say that was a positive, some people even thinks its a small miracle, but yet you leave that out... that one small fact out of your evaluation of a recruiter?

Oh yeah and conveniently in your unrelenting criticism you also leave out the one fact, that any one person who gets paid to give their opinion on this subject matter would point to as being one of the largest recruiting obstacles faced by any top tier program coach over the last 4-5 years. I love how people like to ignore that nuclear bomb that went off right smack in the middle of the abortion that Coker and Shannon handed us. Are you being rational when you act like that was an non-factor? Then you say that this should only affect us here and there but not here. Like you guys know what the overall impact of that was on the school. "Cuz its so black and white" in my best Spicoli voice.

In 2008 we had the number 1 class after a 5-7 season. But your convinced that's the recipe for doom.

Also another point was that you don't need to be the greatest x and o guy if you can land your pick of South Florida kids.

I also find it pretty funny that you guys are convinced that the only way we can get another class is if Golden gets fired when the truth is that if Golden got fired right now we would lose almost the entire class and then Shalala would hire another coach on the cheap and we would head down this same journey again. Shalala is the biggest problem with our football program but you guys are so ready to give her the keys on the next 5 years without any hesitation. Everyone is convinced Butch is the answer when there is no way in **** Shalala would hire him again and more than likely no one would ever hire Butch again at the U. Also Chud has never really shown interest in the job here and to be honest no elite coach has in recent years and there is as much negative out there on Cristibol that he is a crap shot as well. So to think we will just hit a home run in here is a joke. Miami wasnt a **** job when Golden took over and if he gets fired the backlash would make it an even less **** job. This illusion that Miami is just going to get another coach and not have any repercussions of that while running off into the promised land is a delusion at best.

The coach is not the answer at the U. The kids are. Its the only thing we can count on as a competitive advantage at the U and its the one resource that we cant discount. F all the negativity bring this class home anyway we can.

Advertisement
Just saw this kids highlights for the first time and I am blown away. He is a beast. What a pick up. We need to hold on to these kids

And lets not forget the context of this argument. We currently have the number one class in 2016. So when you say why give him anything than unrelenting criticism is kind of odd how you just leave that part out. No college coach has done any better recruiting their 2016 class then has Golden. Some people who don't know any better would say that was a positive, some people even thinks its a small miracle, but yet you leave that out... that one small fact out of your evaluation of a recruiter?

Oh yeah and conveniently in your unrelenting criticism you also leave out the one fact, that any one person who gets paid to give their opinion on this subject matter would point to as being one of the largest recruiting obstacles faced by any top tier program coach over the last 4-5 years. I love how people like to ignore that nuclear bomb that went off right smack in the middle of the abortion that Coker and Shannon handed us. Are you being rational when you act like that was an non-factor? Then you say that this should only affect us here and there but not here. Like you guys know what the overall impact of that was on the school. "Cuz its so black and white" in my best Spicoli voice.

In 2008 we had the number 1 class after a 5-7 season. But your convinced that's the recipe for doom.

Also another point was that you don't need to be the greatest x and o guy if you can land your pick of South Florida kids.

I also find it pretty funny that you guys are convinced that the only way we can get another class is if Golden gets fired when the truth is that if Golden got fired right now we would lose almost the entire class and then Shalala would hire another coach on the cheap and we would head down this same journey again. Shalala is the biggest problem with our football program but you guys are so ready to give her the keys on the next 5 years without any hesitation. Everyone is convinced Butch is the answer when there is no way in **** Shalala would hire him again and more than likely no one would ever hire Butch again at the U. Also Chud has never really shown interest in the job here and to be honest no elite coach has in recent years and there is as much negative out there on Cristibol that he is a crap shot as well. So to think we will just hit a home run in here is a joke. Miami wasnt a **** job when Golden took over and if he gets fired the backlash would make it an even less **** job. This illusion that Miami is just going to get another coach and not have any repercussions of that while running off into the promised land is a delusion at best.

The coach is not the answer at the U. The kids are. Its the only thing we can count on as a competitive advantage at the U and its the one resource that we cant discount. F all the negativity bring this class home anyway we can.

I went out of my way not to be an ******* in response to your nonsensical marathon of a post, but unsurprisingly you came back with nothing but more ignorant condescension.

Having the top-ranked class for 2016, in February 2015, means very little. Anyone with any semblance of common sense realizes this, especially after witnessing how awful Golden has been at closing in the previous three recruiting cycles.

Oh yeah and conveniently in your unrelenting criticism you also leave out the one fact, that any one person who gets paid to give their opinion on this subject matter would point to as being one of the largest recruiting obstacles faced by any top tier program coach over the last 4-5 years.

The largest obstacle faced by any top-tier program over the last 4-5 years wasn't anything caused by Coker or Shannon. It's not clouds, wind, YouTube videos, or night games. It's Al Golden's ineptitude. Obviously.

We had the #1 class after a 5-7 season in 2008 because we experienced the recruiting bump that every new coach at a major program experiences. It was Randy Shannon's second year. This is Al Golden's fifth. Anyone who doesn't see the difference is a spectacular moron.

What matters more? A grand total of five recruits ranked in the Top 50 in Dade & Broward enrolling at Miami in the recruiting cycle that just ended a few weeks ago? Or having a bunch of premier talent verbally commit (aka placehold) 12 months in advance, before Golden has another chance to embarrass this program further on the field in his fifth season? The answer should be obvious.

Golden has proven he is the exact opposite of the type of coach who can land his pick of South Florida kids.

Shalala is the biggest problem with our football program but you guys are so ready to give her the keys on the next 5 years without any hesitation.

I haven't seen anyone say this. Ever. Shalala is universally despised, both here and at the WEZ. You're just randomly pulling s*** out of thin air.

Even better question. Why are you constantly on the recruiting board? Can't you stick to Eye in the Sky if you don't think any of this commitment talk matters? No hate just real talk dude

That's a completely backwards response...

I seem to be the one guy who is actually stoked about the kids in this class and the one guys who is standing up on his soap box begging people to stop the negativity and get behind this class and some how to you that means it doesn't matter to me? LOL what's next a golden lover comment.

giphy (12).gif

Advertisement
I went out of my way not to be an ******* in response to your nonsensical marathon of a post, but unsurprisingly you came back with nothing but more ignorant condescension.

Having the top-ranked class for 2016, in February 2015, means very little. Anyone with any semblance of common sense realizes this, especially after witnessing how awful Golden has been at closing in the previous three recruiting cycles.

Oh yeah and conveniently in your unrelenting criticism you also leave out the one fact, that any one person who gets paid to give their opinion on this subject matter would point to as being one of the largest recruiting obstacles faced by any top tier program coach over the last 4-5 years.

The largest obstacle faced by any top-tier program over the last 4-5 years wasn't anything caused by Coker or Shannon. It's not clouds, wind, YouTube videos, or night games. It's Al Golden's ineptitude. Obviously.

We had the #1 class after a 5-7 season in 2008 because we experienced the recruiting bump that every new coach at a major program experiences. It was Randy Shannon's second year. This is Al Golden's fifth. Anyone who doesn't see the difference is a spectacular moron.

What matters more? A grand total of five recruits ranked in the Top 50 in Dade & Broward enrolling at Miami in the recruiting cycle that just ended a few weeks ago? Or having a bunch of premier talent verbally commit (aka placehold) 12 months in advance, before Golden has another chance to embarrass this program further on the field in his fifth season? The answer should be obvious.

Golden has proven he is the exact opposite of the type of coach who can land his pick of South Florida kids.

Shalala is the biggest problem with our football program but you guys are so ready to give her the keys on the next 5 years without any hesitation.

I haven't seen anyone say this. Ever. Shalala is universally despised, both here and at the WEZ. You're just randomly pulling s*** out of thin air.
Quick question for you.. why is going out of your way NOT being an *******?

Also tell me how I am being ignorant when I am posting unbiased facts that your completely ignoring out regard for your own biased agenda. Do you really understand what your doing and then accusing me of? I really don't think you do.

Also I am sure the other D1 coaches recruiting this area would agree with you and are not concerned one bit about Golden current 2016 class. They are likely not going to change their approach to this area at all. Why should they? Every single one of these kids will be up for the picking as sure as death and taxes. To take a quote from Coker "Just go read the recruiting forums".

And if Golden has proven he cant land a kid, why are these kids committed. Please insert your BS excuse here _________________
And maybe that's mean, but I am sure your not going to give me any facts to the contrary because the truth is that these kids are all stating they don't agree with what your saying, but yet you expect us to take your opinions as truths over what these kids are telling us. The last time I checked... its these kids who actually get to make this decisions. But yet (just to point out again) you complain that I am coming from an ignorant point of view and your not. I am thinking this is more proof that you may want to check the definition of your accusation. Like these kids don't understand the game. Like someone made them commit. Yes some will bounce, some wont be able to get in but if this class continues to grow there is no denying that's it going to be a great class.

And I am really not sure how you cant compute that firing a coach isn't a full blown solution. In order for it to work you must bring in someone behind him who can turn things around and hit the ground running. And no top tier coach will come here until this administration fully supports football and fully spends what they can afford. But to you this is pulling things out of the air simply because the lambs on this site are not screaming about in every single post. Like it or not its a major issue with Miami's ability to hire a decent coach regardless of what anyone says on this site. Its the number one reason why we got Shannon and the number one reason why we got Golden. I mean once again your calling me ignorant when your explanation of a known fact is that its not important because people on this site are not talking about it. All I can say is WOW dude!

And to answer your question about what matters more. Hold onto your box of tampons with this one... The future always matters more because its the only thing you can change.

Advertisement
Is golden taking all of these early commits to try and save his job? Can't remember the last time we had this many kids committed for next year and the year after.

That's a completely backwards response...

I seem to be the one guy who is actually stoked about the kids in this class and the one guys who is standing up on his soap box begging people to stop the negativity and get behind this class and some how to you that means it doesn't matter to me? LOL what's next a golden lover comment.

I was agreeing with you guy. Sorry if not clear, but was referring to sebastian

Advertisement
Back