Elite 2017 RB Robert Burns commits to Miami

01Canes

Senior
Advertisement
Advertisement
So this was the big news? I'm excited, but not surprised. This was expected.

Unreal.

This kid is maybe the freakiest athlete to come through Dade in a decade, and the day he commits it is greeted in Post 2 by "meh, this was expected".

You're telling me it wasn't? He's been tied to the hip with Dionte and Ced since they were jits. Like I said I'm excited just not surprised. Guess people can't handle the truth.

The "elite" label tends to get thrown around too loosely, but it's appropriate for this kid. Phenomenal athleticism, great size, and an enormous ceiling. Possesses the home run ability our backfield desperately needs.

Completely understand those who can't get excited about a future commit considering where this program is at right now, but at least he's a stud. Congrats to Burns and welcome to the :neonu:.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3447258.jpg

3447256.jpg

Running back Robert Burns (Miami/Gulliver Prep) just reached out to Miami's staff and verbally committed.

Burns chose Miami over 19 other claimed verbal offers.

"Just the direction of the program," Burns said of Miami. "They've made some coaching changes. They seem like they are going back to how it was in the past. It's intriguing."

Burns said Duke, North Carolina, Alabama, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida State, Illinois, Middle Tennessee State, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, South Florida, Syracuse, Tennessee, Tulane, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin offered.

The 5-foot-11, 210-pounder has a 40-inch vertical and runs in the 4.5-second range in the 40-yard dash.

Burns is Miami's fourth 2017 commit.

Burns is regarded as one of the top running back prospects in Florida.

Attachments

• 3447256.jpg
    3447256.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Advertisement
Doesn't get any better than this. HUGE….. ******* HUGE! Welcome to The []_[]
Future 5* by EVERY service IMHO… HUGE

See now this is what I expected to see from an 18 yr old sophomore... jumps out at you from the gate.... i didn't see that from the RB we got from Killian....

This 15/16 yr old sophomore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>{>>>>>>>>>>>>>{>>{{{{{{>>>>>>>> 18 YR old sophomore not even close capice

Edit : Let the negs begin hoo hoo ahahahahaaaa

Advertisement
See now this is what I expected to see from an 18 yr old sophomore... jumps out at you from the gate.... i didn't see that from the RB we got from Killian....

This 15/16 yr old sophomore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>{>>>>>>>>>>>>>{>>{{{{{{>>>>>>>> 18 YR old sophomore not even close capice

Edit : Let the negs begin hoo hoo ahahahahaaaa

Capice!

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 6m6 minutes ago

Jorge Baez’s influence continues to make a major impact at Miami. Robert Burns is a 5-star back

Advertisement
Back