Elijah Roberts to the portal

Shouldn't a long-time NFL talent evaluator like Alonzo Highsmith be helpful if not primary in the evaluation/pursuit of portalers?

Advertisement
To be honest, idk either...but they are playing and he's not. And I think we know and can fairly assume what level player Moultrie and Lichtenstein are without insulting them...but if these guys are taking your reps, its a yikes for you as a player. It ain't about politics at that point. Maybe he was hurt or there is some other circumstance we aren't aware of.
His mom is literally on here posting it...lol I suggest you look a few post up.

It IS politics at times as ive played college ball as well. I mean **** they kind of were force to play Colbie Young this year or we would of stil think Redding was a better player. Those 2 dudes are graduate players that transferred in....they kind of have to get reps. if healthy.

Definitely more to that but you're correct. If you work hard & compete you should earn playing time but it doesn't always workout like that.
So mama Roberts, can you give us a little insight into what’s going on inside the program right now? Is your son leaving on good terms?

Best wishes to you and your family. We will always appreciate everything your son has done for our program.

Advertisement
So mama Roberts, can you give us a little insight into what’s going on inside the program right now? Is your son leaving on good terms?

Best wishes to you and your family. We will always appreciate everything your son has done for our program.
That's an interesting question considering how many eyes are on this board and how anything negative would be screen shot and posted all over social media within the hour.

For some strange reason...posters here think we are going to "flip" the roster with talent from out the portal.....

Majority of that talent in the portal will be castaways fromt heir previous school so this will be interesting to watch.

They keep saying we will have 40 new guys.....like it just will be 40 beast in the portal good enough to make up for the coaching defiicencies of Mario Cristobal.

Im not expecting to see a complete turn around that some are expecting...im expecting small steps in hopefully a new offensive staff. We will have talent deficiencies on Defense still next year imo due to previous recruiting and always losing guys like Elijah Roberts or depth pieces.
This year was basically a complete waste. I've never seen so much money wasted outside of government. Idc what the deficiencies are this shouldn't be a 5-7 team. And Miami paid a sht ton of money only to be the worse Miami team I've ever seen. Horrible product, Horrible management, and absolutely no accountability in this program.

Good point,I guess with the transfer portal now we need to see the roster different now.Can't look at it like before with the 85 ships and stacking good young talent away and look at it more like the NFL and put together the best team every season with the best 50 or so players you can.
I just have no idea haha

Time are a changing. Impact players not cast offs hit the portal now. Even going back a few years.

Kyler Murray
Joe Burrow
Justin Fields
Jameson Williams
Jamar Gibbs
Jaydon Daniels
Jaelen Phillips
Travis Dye
Deriq King
Charleston Rambo
Bo Nix
Ahkeem Mesidor
Tyrique Stevenson
Jordan Travis
Tre Benson
Johnny Wilson
Jermaine Johnson
Jamie Robinson
Jared Verse
Fabian Lovett
Hendon Hooker
Caleb Williams
Jordan Addison

But yes the competition to get these guys will be as fierce as ever
You know how many kids are in the portal 😂😂

Then you have to think with what these kids watched this year for what reason would you choose UM?

“Hey come play in a offense that’ll put up 100 yds in a game”

Advertisement
I dont know of anything 38 year old Lichtenstein or Anotonio Moultrie have done that Elijah Roberts couldnt do with the reps. They the type of castoffs im speaking on actually. The Denis, Sagapalu's of the world.

Or that you recruited these graduate transfers with promise of reps and have to play them...(regards to the bolded)
Next year, I'm renting a short bus for Tommy "President" Kennedy's induction in Canton.

Then you have to think with what these kids watched this year for what reason would you choose UM?

I mean someone else had to say it.lol

Good to elite dudes are in the portal to help their situation......im just hoping we fire and hire a good oc and he may be able to bring some of "his" guys with him and we can add to that.

Good thing we have a recruiter…

So:
- lots of players in the portal
- lots of open spots to fill
- elite recruiter at the helm

Problem solved, no?

That's why this OC hire will be thee most important hire of Mario's career. He get's it wrong and it is an unmitigated disaster.

Advertisement
Good thing we have a recruiter…

So:
- lots of players in the portal
- lots of open spots to fill
- elite recruiter at the helm

Problem solved, no?
Wasn’t that same issue last off-season or no?

You also glanced over the fact that with all them names you mentioned there’s many trash pickups that come out the portal to.

Caleb Johnson is horrible.

The portal is a major crapshoot. Thinking the portal going to solve issues going to lead many to more disappointment. Coaching is the most major issue we face and that ain’t going to change

Elijah bought in! WE bought in. Please don't believe everything you hear. ALOT of players bought in. Everyone that I know of WAS excited about the change.
Can you give us a tid bit about that feeling now?.... Also, good luck! looking forward to seeing where this adventures takes your family.

Advertisement
Elijah bought in! WE bought in. Please don't believe everything you hear. ALOT of players bought in. Everyone that I know of WAS excited about the change.
You ain’t gotta explain yourself. Anyone with eyes that don’t rock green and orange shades can see that the coaches failed these kids in more ways than one. NOBODY had us winning games.

This year has been a failure and these coaches need to look at themselves in mirror and evaluate themselves the same way they come at these kids.

Wasn’t that same issue last off-season or no?

You also glanced over the fact that with all them names you mentioned there’s many trash pickups that come out the portal to.

Caleb Johnson is horrible.

The portal is a major crapshoot. Thinking the portal going to solve issues going to lead many to more disappointment. Coaching is the most major issue we face and that ain’t going to change

I didn’t think we were looking for players…. but looking for culture….

Major disappointment? See also 2022 season…

Advertisement
Back