Elijah Roberts Commits!

Advertisement
Alot of people pegging this kid as a future DT. While I don’t disagree I think he can potentially also stick at DE. You can see in his film he’s deceptively quick and is excellent with his hands.

He'll probably play some at both positions.

Not necessarily a sign. He just wanted to take his visits without being committed to a school. Yesterday was NOT planned. He still had visits that we were setting up. He originally planned to commit in December. We had been talking all week regarding his recruiting process and I could just tell in his voice when we spoke about UM that his tone would change so when he told me yesterday that he wanted to commit I was not surprised. I just wanted him fo be sure and he was. We talked about it for 20 min in the locker room as a family and then the rest is history!
Really neat for you to share the process and special moments with us. It’s something 99.9% of us will never experience. Blessings to your family🙌🙌🙌

20190622_120923.jpg

Advertisement
First step is quick that’s that elite get off we cover in a Miami DLineman
I wouldn't say elite, but I like his the way he moves up field, angles he takes in pursuit. Like many have said looks like a chad thomas type. It should be interesting.

Alot of people pegging this kid as a future DT. While I don’t disagree I think he can potentially also stick at DE. You can see in his film he’s deceptively quick and is excellent with his hands.

his hands are vicious. He can be just like rj mcintosh where he plays end freshman year and depending on growth move down the line. He can definately play strong side end though

Advertisement
Not necessarily a sign. He just wanted to take his visits without being committed to a school. Yesterday was NOT planned. He still had visits that we were setting up. He originally planned to commit in December. We had been talking all week regarding his recruiting process and I could just tell in his voice when we spoke about UM that his tone would change so when he told me yesterday that he wanted to commit I was not surprised. I just wanted him fo be sure and he was. We talked about it for 20 min in the locker room as a family and then the rest is history!
Thank you for this behind scenes stuff. Cool to hear it from a family members perspective.

Advertisement

Congratulations @Elijah's Biggest Fan obviously ecstatic and joyful to have you all part of the U family.

But more importantly congratulations to both you and his dad on raising this strong young man and seeing him achieve an opportunity to further his career and his life and succeeding in doing so. Kudos to all of you and your son.

Now let’s make sure his opponents have to #HideYaQB !!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back