Elijah Roberts Commits!

Advertisement
Not necessarily a sign. He just wanted to take his visits without being committed to a school. Yesterday was NOT planned. He still had visits that we were setting up. He originally planned to commit in December. We had been talking all week regarding his recruiting process and I could just tell in his voice when we spoke about UM that his tone would change so when he told me yesterday that he wanted to commit I was not surprised. I just wanted him fo be sure and he was. We talked about it for 20 min in the locker room as a family and then the rest is history!
Wow that's great, sometimes we forget it's a process, congratulations and thanks for the info 🙌

Advertisement
Not necessarily a sign. He just wanted to take his visits without being committed to a school. Yesterday was NOT planned. He still had visits that we were setting up. He originally planned to commit in December. We had been talking all week regarding his recruiting process and I could just tell in his voice when we spoke about UM that his tone would change so when he told me yesterday that he wanted to commit I was not surprised. I just wanted him fo be sure and he was. We talked about it for 20 min in the locker room as a family and then the rest is history!

Good stuff!!

Alot of people pegging this kid as a future DT. While I don’t disagree I think he can potentially also stick at DE. You can see in his film he’s deceptively quick and is excellent with his hands.
Yeah i think he could stay as a strong side dend if they want him to. He has the build for it right now but also could grow into a 3 technique eventually as well.

Advertisement
Alot of people pegging this kid as a future DT. While I don’t disagree I think he can potentially also stick at DE. You can see in his film he’s deceptively quick and is excellent with his hands.
Probably going to have him in a Chad Thomas kind of role where we can mix him in on the inside or outside depending on the package

Advertisement
Awesome news!! Good **** to wake up to!

SDE or fast twitch 3T DT. Chad Thomas or Gerald Willis? I could see it either way.

I’d say let’s see how his body develops and take it from there. No need to make a hard decision just yet.

Either way, I think he plays inside and outside. Great recommit which speaks volumes about the perception of the program.

Advertisement
Kids and families like this give me hope.

While he might not be a five star kids like Roberts have been integral parts of a lot of UM NC's. Also like the idea of re establishing the Columbus connection. Remember the first UM NC had Highsmith, Heffernan, Cortes and McCutcheon as contributors. His style of play reminds me of Chad Thomas. Any recruit that plays in the NFL is a successful recruit.

Advertisement
Back