Elijah Roberts Commits!

Advertisement
Advertisement
how tall is he? 247 has him at 6’3. Kid couldn’t end up 6’4 295lb range after meeting our strength and conditioning program. Also he should be able to redshirt like good programs do. We are loaded at DT.

next year: (unless Ford makes a terrible decision and leaves early)

Ford
Nesta
Miller
Blisset
Holley
Harrison Hunte
Roberts
Add Moise

The one place in recruiting I don't sweat is DL recruiting. I never thought I'd type that sentence after our run from about '09 - '15, but Manny and his staff have shown they can evaluate DL talent and develop them. Next year's d-line is going to be outright impossible for other teams to stop if everyone stays.

Last edited:
The one place in recruiting I don't sweat is DL recruiting. I never thought I'd type that sentence after our run from about '09 - '15, but Manny and his staff have shown they can evaluate DL talent and develop them. Next year's d-line is going to be outright impossible for other teams to stop if everyone stays.
I agree 100% brother. After Norton and McIntosh left we were all worried about depth and talent. What a difference a couple years make. With this infusion of talent on the Dline and with the Oline continuing to improve then we can finally take the next step. Adding that we finally have our QB in place too.

Advertisement
I'll repeat what I've thought since his junior year and written on these boards. I think the kid is a potential star 3-Tech. It was odd to me when people pegged him as a SSDE. And, he doesn't even have to do it right away, which is the best part for him and us.

Advertisement
By far the best complete DLineman.

He's going to thrive in our S&C program, can't wait to see what Coach Feeley does with this kid.

And with our depth, he doesn't need to play right away. He can be ready to contribute after some time in the S&C program. I really love what they are doing with our d-line depth chart.

And with our depth, he doesn't need to play right away. He can be ready to contribute after some time in the S&C program. I really love what they are doing with our d-line depth chart.
Makes the recruiting strategy and issues at LB all the more confusing.

Linebacker recruiting is a complete mystery to me. They are a huge part of the defense and put up great numbers. They are highlighted every week and make plays. This system is perfect for the sideline to sideline linebackers that want to attack and blitz. Guess what kind of linebackers are usually in SFL? I'm at a loss for the mismanagement.

Advertisement
Linebacker recruiting is a complete mystery to me. They are a huge part of the defense and put up great numbers. They are highlighted every week and make plays. This system is perfect for the sideline to sideline linebackers that want to attack and blitz. Guess what kind of linebackers are usually in SFL? I'm at a loss for the mismanagement.
I am with you. I can generally tell you what they are looking for in terms of measurables/skills at every other position on defense. DL... twitchy guys with length and range... CB... length over speed... S... diagnose plays quickly and sure tacklers. I have no idea what their prototypical LB recruit looks like.

Not saying LBs aren’t important, but how many Clemson LBs do you remember over the last few years? Now think about how many of their DL you know.

DL is everything in football. Get dominant waves of goblins up front and the sky’s the limit for your defense even if you don’t have a bunch of marquee LBs.

Not saying LBs aren’t important, but how many Clemson LBs do you remember over the last few years? Now think about how many of their DL you know.

DL is everything in football. Get dominant waves of goblins up front and the sky’s the limit for your defense even if you don’t have a bunch of marquee LBs.

Trenches is and always will decide the game.

For sure if having to choose one or the other, DL 10 times out of 10. But if you tossed in a couple of LBs who could beat the RB to the edge, this defense would be kicked up another level.

Advertisement
Back