Elijah Alston - Marshall DE Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
what a nice problem to have. influx of good players in the DE room

keep stacking, always

Advertisement
He visits here, connection with Guidry, who wants him here.

He'll be here. And thats good. I just try to find some pass rush tape to figure out how he'll use him.
It’s a good point. I know people complained about how DEs were used at times last year but those guys weren’t pass rush threats. I think he had to try to create pressure in different ways than straight up telling a DE just go get the QB

I think the more the personnel changes Guidry will do different things

It’s a good point. I know people complained about how DEs were used at times last year but those guys weren’t pass rush threats. I think he had to try to create pressure in different ways than straight up telling a DE just go get the QB

We had no de’s left by seasons end and were depending on pressure being generated from lb’s. Just like rb the year before. We need more grown depth at de.

Last edited:
We had no de’s left by seasons end and were depending on pressure being generated from lb’s. Just like qb the year before. We need more grown depth at de.
Bain did all the lifting. I know people have given him all the credit in the world but it was the most impressive season I’ve ever seen a freshman have here all things considered. He was our DE group.

Literally the only coordinator we’ve hired in maybe 20 years who has come in and actually called a scheme according to the strengths (and to mask the deficiencies) of the personnel at his disposal. Every last one of them promised to do so during their introduction press conference.

Advertisement
When was Messidor hurt his first year ? He played in 11 games.

Kelly was a true Fr
Can’t lie. I thought Messidor was hurt that year too. Goes to show how we want to completely erase that year from our memory to the point where we just make **** up. Lol.

Would be our best portal addition yet imo. Already said he was a take early in the thread, but after seeing more film…he’d eat here. Especially with so much attention garnered towards Bain and/or Mesidor.

Imagine the fronts and looks we could run with those three.

Advertisement
This kid and not Samson's brother huh? I guess cause of the Guidry connection.

We are literally signing 4 DE a class but we are still offering transfer, guys i don’t understand

My best guess is that the DE room is very underclass-heavy. Adding Samson's brother would have been adding another sophomore. This kid from Marshall is a 6th year senior. He's one and done here. That gives the true freshmen coming a year to develop without any needs or expectations on them. Again, this is my best guess as to why we'd go after this kid and not Samson's brother.

My best guess is that the DE room is very underclass-heavy. Adding Samson's brother would have been adding another sophomore. This kid from Marshall is a 6th year senior. He's one and done here. That gives the true freshmen coming a year to develop without any needs or expectations on them. Again, this is my best guess as to why we'd go after this kid and not Samson's brother.
next a couple grown men. 2025 is when our homegrown DL and LB will really start showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back