Elijah Alston - Marshall DE Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
if that alston kid comes for spring ball and kelly falls on the depth chart ... idk ... its put up or shut up time ... personally i love it
Didn’t Nyjalik have surgery? Who knows if he is even going to be available for spring ball

Advertisement
if that alston kid comes for spring ball and kelly falls on the depth chart ... idk ... its put up or shut up time ... personally i love it
Even if he's second string he will get plenty of snaps. For Miami to be good we need our 2nd string to be strong. If he falls to 3rd string though and passed up by a freshman your probably right.

I don't understand why this is about Kelly? You only have Collins and a bunch of freshmen after the two-deep. Bringing in this kid makes us stronger regardless of how good/bad Kelly is. The tempo we play at, we want to sub our DEs like hockey sides. Everyone will get plenty of action, play each play harder and be less likely to get injured. Win/win.

He started to produce at the tail end of his freshman year but having a lost injury 2nd year is what stays freshest in people's minds. He should be fine and be part of a very solid rotation.

Advertisement
He started to produce at the tail end of his freshman year but having a lost injury 2nd year is what stays freshest in people's minds. He should be fine and be part of a very solid rotation.
nah, my freshest memories are his lack production early in the year ... i'm not wishing portal on him ... but you bring back messidor, you got wayne who showed glimpses similar to kelly last year, bain of course, you bring in alston ... i think lightfoot gets work this year, his speed and twitch are legit ... that's five deep for spring ...

I don't understand why this is about Kelly? You only have Collins and a bunch of freshmen after the two-deep. Bringing in this kid makes us stronger regardless of how good/bad Kelly is. The tempo we play at, we want to sub our DEs like hockey sides. Everyone will get plenty of action, play each play harder and be less likely to get injured. Win/win.
i made the comment because this is the portal era ... enough said, lol

nah, my freshest memories are his lack production early in the year ... i'm not wishing portal on him ... but you bring back messidor, you got wayne who showed glimpses similar to kelly last year, bain of course, you bring in alston ... i think lightfoot gets work this year, his speed and twitch are legit ... that's five deep for spring ...
Lack of production early in the year........he got hurt in the TAMU game which was game # 2. He tried to come back and was shut down for the year that same game he attempted to play. The TAMU injury essentially turned into a season ender so not sure how much production he could've had.

the age situation is fair ... but at some point measurables have to equal production ... i hope he puts it together
I think he can.

He has something alot of guys on the edge dont have ..at his size he is able to get skinny and run the curve.
Its why i always liked him as a prospect as i saw him in a camp setting as a freshman at dillard and saw him beat my lineman up n down with that ability.

If he isnt injured i think he will be a beast to go with our group. Jason Pierre Paul potential..but i get having a kid and dealing with injuries to cause a lil slump

Advertisement
I think he can.

He has something alot of guys on the edge dont have ..at his size he is able to get skinny and run the curve.
Its why i always liked him as a prospect as i saw him in a camp setting as a freshman at dillard and saw him beat my lineman up n down with that ability.

If he isnt injured i think he will be a beast to go with our group. Jason Pierre Paul potential..but i get having a kid and dealing with injuries to cause a lil slump
He needs to hits the weights also,a little skinny still.

Sucks because buddy actually looked pretty **** good. I dont know what TAMUs DE situation is but I can tell you we didnt have a guaranteed starting spot for him here with Bain, Messidor and Kelly on the depth chart. And hes not trying to come in and compete im sure.

Sucks because buddy actually looked pretty **** good. I dont know what TAMUs DE situation is but I can tell you we didnt have a guaranteed starting spot for him here with Bain, Messidor and Kelly on the depth chart. And hes not trying to come in and compete im sure.
Maybe he keeps Shemar on the bench again next season.

Advertisement
Don’t understand why we didn’t pursue with more intent, but good landing spot for him.

FWIW... Gaby brought up both Korey Foreman and Tomiwa Durojaiye in one of his pieces today, and he thinks we want to add another pass rusher.

Reactions: ben
Don’t understand why we didn’t pursue with more intent, but good landing spot for him.

We probably got outbid. A&M lost 3 out of 4 starters on there Dline, so this was a big need for them. Sucks we lost out

Advertisement
Can't read because VIP on TOS but thread over there saying he decommed from A&M.

Can't read because VIP on TOS but thread over there saying he decommed from A&M.

He decommitted and the weirdos over in College Station are saying it is because he didn’t realize who they had committed already.

Not sure about that but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back