Elijah Alston - Marshall DE Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are literally signing 4 DE a class but we are still offering transfer, guys i don’t understand
rudolph and pickett are not year one contributors ... messidor is injury prone ... bain is legit, wayne showed promise ... ima say it again, either kelly start producin, or he'll be a portal casualty, i hope it works out for him

Advertisement
I'll take Alston plus the "Big DE". Depth depth depth. No such thing as having too many in the trenches.

I also believe we only take 1 DE. Look at the numbers, we have a bunch of DEs in the room right now. Somebody gotta leave from that DL to make room

We are literally signing 4 DE a class but we are still offering transfer, guys i don’t understand
Actually it's three DE as Pickett will be a LB. The point of adding a transfer DE is to get immediate production from that position while the true freshmen get adjusted to the college game. Not every DE is going to play like Reuben Bain.

Would be our best portal addition yet imo. Already said he was a take early in the thread, but after seeing more film…he’d eat here. Especially with so much attention garnered towards Bain and/or Mesidor.

Imagine the fronts and looks we could run with those three.
This guy helps Guirdy go back to his staple which is 4-2-5.

When was Messidor hurt his first year ? He played in 11 games.

Kelly was a true Fr

Messidor only played in 3 games this year (vs Miami OH, Texas A&M and UNC). He played in 11 games in 2022/23. I am guessing he is eligible for a medicla redshirt for this year.

Advertisement
They said both years. He played in 11 in year 1 and was one of the best de’s in the country
My bad. Misread your post. He was great in 22/23. Is he eligible for the medical redshirt for this season? I'd assume as much, but I am not clear on how it falls with the extra years playes are getting for 2020 being truncated.

Advertisement
Actually it's three DE as Pickett will be a LB. The point of adding a transfer DE is to get immediate production from that position while the true freshmen get adjusted to the college game. Not every DE is going to play like Reuben Bain.
How many did we take last year ? When do they get a chance to get on the field

Why rely on a 4 guys who are 17/18 years old to play a grown man's position when they probably aren't ready. Much better to bring a guy in who can play, let them get acclimated to the school, practices, etc and earn their PT instead of just being thrown in not ready.

Mario is going for it all next year. He sees the ACC title is there for the taking. I wouldn’t take any chances with Kelly or Messidor. I like both guys. It’s not personal. If healthy, Messidor is a beast. But we cant wager on his health again and look up and we gotta throw Wayne or Lightfoot out there as a starter and they may not be ready. We got so lucky that Bain was ready. Unbelievably lucky. We won’t get that lucky again.

Blount looks like he could be a contributor early.

Advertisement
rudolph and pickett are not year one contributors ... messidor is injury prone ... bain is legit, wayne showed promise ... ima say it again, either kelly start producin, or he'll be a portal casualty, i hope it works out for him
He wont be a portal casualty as he is younv for his age and just popped a kid..im not sure kelly is even 20 yet or maybe just turned it if he is

Advertisement
If Kelly was going to portal it would be after next year if he gets passed up or injured again. He isn't going anywhere right now.

If Kelly was going to portal it would be after next year if he gets passed up or injured again. He isn't going anywhere right now.
if that alston kid comes for spring ball and kelly falls on the depth chart ... idk ... its put up or shut up time ... personally i love it

He wont be a portal casualty as he is younv for his age and just popped a kid..im not sure kelly is even 20 yet or maybe just turned it if he is
the age situation is fair ... but at some point measurables have to equal production ... i hope he puts it together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back