Eli Stove ? Romeo Finley ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know were in the market for another Safety, but R Finley isn't all that, in my opinion. He has good size, and decent football IQ (so he isn't trash like V Telemaque) but I would like to see more of a killer instinct for our Safety's in the area of tackling, and ball skills...

That's the mental part of the game, in which some kids have and some don't.

Romeo Finley is a reach, simply because we're trying to fill a slot.

Last edited:
That is not an impressive time. But, the kid can play football and that is plenty fast enough to compete. But I would expect faster unless the kid is over 200 lbs.

Advertisement
Yes it is considering he came in 4th and only slightly behind Stove.

The track conditions were obviously not great considering the fastest time was 11.07.

Finley is a great prospect with elite speed for a saftey.

I know were in the market for another Safety, but R Finley isn't all that, in my opinion. He has good size, and decent football IQ (so he isn't trash like V Telemaque) but I would like to see more of a killer instinct for our Safety's in the area of tackling, and ball skills...

You can't be serious, Romeo Finley is a baller and can hit...

Advertisement

What on god's green earth is this nonsense? LMAO seriously.

I would take Finely over Jamel Cook every day of the week.

Go find me a verifiable track or 40 yard dash time for Cook. It is well documented Cook disappears in games for people that have scouted him.

That is not an impressive time. But, the kid can play football and that is plenty fast enough to compete. But I would expect faster unless the kid is over 200 lbs.

At **** near 200lbs that is fast enough. **** that is impressive even for him to be competing in the 100M at 200lbs. You guys compare everyone to physical freaks and superhuman athletes..Smh. Just to give you comparison...Latrell Williams (who has elite speed for his age) ran one-second faster (I saw on here he ran a 10.61 in the 100) than Finley and he is 35 lbs lighter.

this kid was never hyped up to a be "5*, cant miss, Derwin James" type ball player. BUT he is a **** good ball player and is athletic enough AND is what a "UM caliber" Safety should look like. I expect big things from him once he gets a RS.

Advertisement

So you're saying he has a decent football IQ but then imply he doesn't have a strong mental grasp of the game? Okay...
Also, since when are tackling and ball skills the "mental part of the game?" Last I checked, tackling and ball skills are coachable aspects of any DBs game--especially tackling.

that must be why venables wants him too.

Advertisement
Back