Eddie Goldman

the last big time DT recruit out of DC was Marvin Austin and he likely got paid to go to UNC. this dude is gonna get paid IMO

Advertisement
If the family is as level headed as they sound it's gotta be down to Miami and Bama really.

Bama = great shot at winning and great coaching
Miami = four year starter, best education of the four (coaching remains to be seen...but Golden had a good DL at Temple and Wilkerson started all year for the Jets)

Auburn and FSU offer nothing IMO (besides cash)

Pretty much nailed it.

Why, when talent is right there in the backyard?

If the family is as level headed as they sound it's gotta be down to Miami and Bama really.

Miami = four year starter, best education of the four (coaching remains to be seen...but Golden had a good DL at Temple and Wilkerson started all year for the Jets)

Great point. I think the ability to win a title is overrated in some kids decision. Seems to me, playing time and proximity to home are the driving factors. I made a point of looking at bama's roster the other night and all but four or five starters were from Alabama. Point is you would think with bama's success they'd have kids from all over the country.

Advertisement
Over the past few years I'd say that our chances of getting a kid over a big time SEC school were not good. However, after going up against Bama and Auburn for Bush and South Carolina, Florida and Georgia for McCord and getting them both... I'm much more optimistic now.

Over the past few years I'd say that our chances of getting a kid over a big time SEC school were not good. However, after going up against Bama and Auburn for Bush and South Carolina, Florida and Georgia for McCord and getting them both... I'm much more optimistic now.

And both were Florida kids.

Temper the enthusiasm.

If somehow Golden lands Goldman, my jaw would be on the floor. I just don't think its happening.

Advertisement

Great point. I think the ability to win a title is overrated in some kids decision. Seems to me, playing time and proximity to home are the driving factors. I made a point of looking at bama's roster the other night and all but four or five starters were from Alabama. Point is you would think with bama's success they'd have kids from all over the country.

Remember those guys that started were from the first couple of classes...three years ago...the guys they are getting now are from all over...they got the No. 1 LB from Ohio last year and getting Landon Collins this year...Trent was from Florida..Hasean Clinton Dix, Eddie Williams, Amari Cooper, Chris Black, Philip Ealy all from Florida...going out of state like this I think will eventually lead them to start falling off

And both were Florida kids.

Temper the enthusiasm.

If somehow Golden lands Goldman, my jaw would be on the floor. I just don't think its happening.

Word, but still, McCord is a real solid pull. Bush was a Cane we just needed to assure him that we were the right fit, McCord.kinda came from nowhere.

Goldman would be a jaw dropper for sure. Seems we have a better shot with Leonard Williams right now but either one would be awesome.

Remember those guys that started were from the first couple of classes...three years ago...the guys they are getting now are from all over...they got the No. 1 LB from Ohio last year and getting Landon Collins this year...Trent was from Florida..Hasean Clinton Dix, Eddie Williams, Amari Cooper, Chris Black, Philip Ealy all from Florida...going out of state like this I think will eventually lead them to start falling off

a lot of those kids are from the panhandle which Bama recruits very well every year. those kids are usually a Bama/FSU battle

If Saban was Pete Carroll, prob. but these cats know what to expect when they set foot on campus. This isn't Phil Fulmer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I guess we'll see. After weeks and weeks of speculation, there are only a few weeks left to find out.

If this young man is as smart and mature as I think he is, with good family support, then the quality of education, likelihood of instant playing time, small campus, and more cosmopolitan environment would indicate Miami.

You know, on weekends and after dark, there's not a lot of draw to Tuscaloosa, Auburn, or Tallahassee. I mean, how many people drive out of their way to go to any of these three, just to visit and enjoy the local flavor?

I get the whole "nothing to do" in certain towns POV, but when you are a star football player in a rabid football town, it makes no difference if the town doesnt have a lot of bells and whistles. You are going to always have some fun **** to do.

Advertisement
he's a front-runner type. He'll go to Bama. Is this guy really that good? How did he look at all-star games? DC isn't exactly a hotbed for CFB talent

Advertisement
Back