Eddie Goldman

I like Goldman but LOVE Leonard Williams. If we get neither, I'm good with just getting Phillips.

Advertisement
Actually, I think DC is one of the hotter non-South areas east of the Mississippi for football.

He comes - that's good.

He don't - that's fine. He and his family will make that decision.

Advertisement
Kid's from DC. Only Miami is a urban location among those four. Maybe that's ridiculous to say but I've seen it work in reverse where a rural kid just doesn't pull the trigger on Miami in favor of a more rural school.

It's not ridiculous at all. You make a good point. All things being equal, a DC kid inner city kid is probably going to feel more comfortable at Miami than at a southern school.

Actually, I think DC is one of the hotter non-South areas east of the Mississippi for football.

This. DC is the best basketball area in the country, but it's also turned into a football hotbed. There's a bunch of DC area guys doing well in college and the league right now. Haden, Navarro Bowman, Vontae and Vernon Davis, etc.

Advertisement
I'm just gonna be real...

What does Miami offer Goldman?

If he goes to Bama...if he's the real deal, he's gonna be a Top 5 pick in 3 years...nevermind if he's got a Saban handshake in the interim. He'll be getting the best coaching in the country on the National Champs, the same National Champs that will essentially have their entire 2-deep on D playing in the NFL at some point, many drafted and playing in the NFL this year.

If I'm Ed Goldman, I'd be hard pressed to pass up the chance to play football at Alabama. If I'm the real deal, I'm gonna be making millions in three years with the best coaching the country.

Over the past few years I'd say that our chances of getting a kid over a big time SEC school were not good. However, after going up against Bama and Auburn for Bush and South Carolina, Florida and Georgia for McCord and getting them both... I'm much more optimistic now.

And both were Florida kids.

Temper the enthusiasm.

If somehow Golden lands Goldman, my jaw would be on the floor. I just don't think its happening.

I didn't say that I thought we'd get him. Just that I'm more optimistic than usual. Considering that under Randy I would have probably given us a 10% chance with this kid against the SEC, that doesn't really mean a lot. Maybe a 20% chance.

If he goes to Bama...if he's the real deal, he's gonna be a Top 5 pick in 3 years...nevermind if he's got a Saban handshake in the interim. He'll be getting the best coaching in the country on the National Champs, the same National Champs that will essentially have their entire 2-deep on D playing in the NFL at some point, many drafted and playing in the NFL this year.

If I'm Ed Goldman, I'd be hard pressed to pass up the chance to play football at Alabama. If I'm the real deal, I'm gonna be making millions in three years with the best coaching the country.

Depth chart is pretty much the only selling point. That and doesn't he have family in Miami or something?

Take a look at 'Bama's depth chart. He would be a legitimate starter by his sophomore season. He'd play next year.

PROVIDED, he's the real deal.

Advertisement

Depth chart is pretty much the only selling point. That and doesn't he have family in Miami or something?
Not sure if he has family in Miami or not, but he grew up a #Canes fan & his pops like us too.

So, Seantrel Henderson should transfer to Bama?

Advertisement

Not sure if he has family in Miami or not, but he grew up a #Canes fan & his pops like us too.

Seems like every other top kid across the country did as well. Doesn't mean they pick us though.

I get the whole "nothing to do" in certain towns POV, but when you are a star football player in a rabid football town, it makes no difference if the town doesnt have a lot of bells and whistles. You are going to always have some fun **** to do.
truth

Advertisement
Back