Ed Reed on Jim Rome

I don't know how much truth there is to the rumors, but apparently Disney is drawing the line on political/social justice stuff because it's driving away audiences. Maybe that's just for the movie division (esp. because Star Wars merchandise sales are way lower than they expected). Hopefully it extends to sports as well as I have basically stopped watching anything other than actual games on sports channels. Shows with sports "reporters" are nothing but hot takes on political topics. You can't even watch highlights anymore unless its bookended with political talk. I might be in the minority here, but I greatly miss discussions about player performance, bad refs, and second-guessing of coaching decisions.

:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
I watch zero sports talk shows now. Skip has turned sports talk shows into hot take nonsense without knowing crap. It’s all a joke, Stephen A is just just the black version of skip. I’m amazed at how much they don’t know and even funnier how much they make (5/6 million a year). It’s comical, both are caricatures.
Stephen A is raking in 10 mill a year. Insane. ESPN’s actual sports analysis is awful. Caters to the lowest brow of sports fans.

I don't know how much truth there is to the rumors, but apparently Disney is drawing the line on political/social justice stuff because it's driving away audiences. Maybe that's just for the movie division (esp. because Star Wars merchandise sales are way lower than they expected). Hopefully it extends to sports as well as I have basically stopped watching anything other than actual games on sports channels. Shows with sports "reporters" are nothing but hot takes on political topics. You can't even watch highlights anymore unless its bookended with political talk. I might be in the minority here, but I greatly miss discussions about player performance, bad refs, and second-guessing of coaching decisions.

Tv and Internet is nothing but echoing your audience’s viewpoints, with a heavy dose of cowtowing to the mob so you aren’t cancelled.

TrumpyCane remembers when Jalen Rose went on First Take years ago and put Skip Bayless in his place, Jalen Rose was never on the show again
Somebody needs to slap his Dumbazz....
Lol at 2008 UF better than 2001 UM....I wanted to reach through the T.V and slap the Sh*t outta him....

I don't think it's farfetched to believe that one of the largest media companies in the world has decided to prioritize money over social justice activism. COVID has hit their finances hard. Being woke is all well and good until the Disney shareholders say, "WTF is happening here." Anyways, these are just rumors from a Youtuber named "Overlord DoomCock." From his name alone, he is a man to be taken seriously (oddly enough, he was right about other moves was making behind the scenes regarding Kathleen Kennedy, but maybe he's just a lucky guesser).

Advertisement
What was his show called, Rome is Flaming? I hated him then, and probably would now as well. I like sports, not sports entertainment television. I hate hearing idiots talk about sports for tv ratings, because they always make themselves out to be smarter than anyone else on any subject sports related. Then to have 4-5 of them fighting over who is the tallest midget... I just can't do it.

TrumpyCane remembers when Jalen Rose went on First Take years ago and put Skip Bayless in his place, Jalen Rose was never on the show again

I saw a clip of that, Jalen basically destroyed him.

I loved it.

Isn’t that the time when Skippy was bragging about being a high school basketball player and Jalen destroyed him saying yeah you were on the JV team and averaged 1.2 PPG.

Max Kellerman is a full blown queen....

Max Kellerman has the worst mouth herpes ever.

He must’ve sucked a lot of rancid **** back in the day

FFD93FEE-313E-4921-B614-0EE86026CAE6.jpeg

Max Kellerman has the worst mouth herpes ever.

He must’ve sucked a lot of rancid **** back in the day

View attachment 129093

I think he just dated Michael Rappaport for a while. I know he sued Barstool over this and may have even threatened Lebatard with legal action for claiming it was Herpes.....which it obviously was.

Screenshot_20200903-183823_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
you've gotta give it to Rome who, when threatened with physical violence from a much larger and athletic person, he stood his ground and called him Crissy in his face. great television
Rome is just a ***** who got put in his place... same thing would happen to most posters on here.

Advertisement
Back