Ed Reed on Jim Rome

Advertisement
you've gotta give it to Rome who, when threatened with physical violence from a much larger and athletic person, he stood his ground and called him Crissy in his face. great television
I give nothing to Rome. That was a complete ***** move. He knew Everett couldn't touch and he acted like a badass.Everett was gracious enough to come on and Rome like the coward he is took advantage of him. Just another loudmouth punk trying to impress some naive viewers.

1599159364552.png

Skip Bayless is a clear winner for who I would like to see in that spot, with Lebatard number two.

I watch zero sports talk shows now. Skip has turned sports talk shows into hot take nonsense without knowing crap. It’s all a joke, Stephen A is just just the black version of skip. I’m amazed at how much they don’t know and even funnier how much they make (5/6 million a year). It’s comical, both are caricatures.

I watch zero sports talk shows now. Skip has turned sports talk shows into hot take nonsense without knowing crap. It’s all a joke, Stephen A is just just the black version of skip. I’m amazed at how much they don’t know and even funnier how much they make (5/6 million a year). It’s comical, both are caricatures.
The only redeeming quality of Skip Bayless is his brother is Rick Bayless, one of the best pioneering chefs in the country. White midwesterner who moved to Mexico in the 70s to learn everything he could about the food. Opened Frontera Grill and Topolobampo, two traditional Mexican restaurants in Chicago that were decades ahead of their time.

Advertisement

I don't know how much truth there is to the rumors, but apparently Disney is drawing the line on political/social justice stuff because it's driving away audiences. Maybe that's just for the movie division (esp. because Star Wars merchandise sales are way lower than they expected). Hopefully it extends to sports as well as I have basically stopped watching anything other than actual games on sports channels. Shows with sports "reporters" are nothing but hot takes on political topics. You can't even watch highlights anymore unless its bookended with political talk. I might be in the minority here, but I greatly miss discussions about player performance, bad refs, and second-guessing of coaching decisions.

It’s 100% entertainment, as is virtually all news, nowadays. It’s only about eyeballs and clicks, and advertising revenue of course, and it has nothing to do with real journalism, real reporting, or anything that’s actually considered close to reality.

It’s 100% entertainment, as is virtually all news, nowadays. It’s only about eyeballs and clicks, and advertising revenue of course, and it has nothing to do with real journalism, real reporting, or anything that’s actually considered close to reality.

TrumpyCane remembers when Jalen Rose went on First Take years ago and put Skip Bayless in his place, Jalen Rose was never on the show again

So true.

The news is right there , no fact checking, just the first to get news out . Then if it’s wrong just don’t talk about it anymore. They’re all using sensationalism without caring for facts. The Left and right Media are jokes. Fox , cnn, msnbc etc could care less about journalistic integrity. It’s all about clicks , views and getting their agenda across. It’s sad.

Advertisement
TrumpyCane remembers when Jalen Rose went on First Take years ago and put Skip Bayless in his place, Jalen Rose was never on the show again

If you go at skip you’re gone. Ryen Russillo went at him about his stupid takes and he was never allowed back or First take.

Not to mention skip went after Aikman for years for being ***, he legit reported on this lol. So what he had a family. His “ reporting “ was outing a guy lol. It’s amazing people have forgotten about that. He’s a total scumbag.

Advertisement
If you go at skip you’re gone. Ryen Russillo went at him about his stupid takes and he was never allowed back or First take.

Not to mention skip went after Aikman for years for being ***, he legit reported on this lol. So what he had a family. His “ reporting “ was outing a guy lol. It’s amazing people have forgotten about that. He’s a total scumbag.
The aikman stuff was unfounded and came from Barry Switzer’s camp in the mid-90s. Skip ran with it and made it a juicy plot point in a book and Aikman hasn’t respected him since.

Advertisement
So true.

The news is right there , no fact checking, just the first to get news out . Then if it’s wrong just don’t talk about it anymore. They’re all using sensationalism without caring for facts. The Left and right Media are jokes. Fox , cnn, msnbc etc could care less about journalistic integrity. It’s all about clicks , views and getting their agenda across. It’s sad.
Well, they are all owned by the same 4 or so corporations. 24/7 news channels are the scourge of society

I don't know how much truth there is to the rumors, but apparently Disney is drawing the line on political/social justice stuff because it's driving away audiences. Maybe that's just for the movie division (esp. because Star Wars merchandise sales are way lower than they expected). Hopefully it extends to sports as well as I have basically stopped watching anything other than actual games on sports channels. Shows with sports "reporters" are nothing but hot takes on political topics. You can't even watch highlights anymore unless its bookended with political talk. I might be in the minority here, but I greatly miss discussions about player performance, bad refs, and second-guessing of coaching decisions.
Max Kellerman is a full blown queen....

I think it was probably staged as it really was the best thing that ever happened to Rome. Would be a pretty good mini 30 for 30 if it was.

I remember watching it live and it was even funnier then as they cut to an immediate commercial break as Everett was standing over a crumpled Rome and the overturned table. Then when they came back Rome was all disheveled.

I'd love to see this happen today for real but I'm just undecided which host I'd prefer to be the victim. Maybe Cowherd or Clay Travis. Lebatard would probably just instantly have a massive cardiac event.
I'm still waiting for somebody to get ahold of Mike lupica.

Advertisement
Back