NFL Ed Reed Goes At Jack Del Rio

Advertisement
Someone help me understand Ed's reasoning on this one.

1 white lady was shot in killed as a result of the January 6th "insurrection". I'm not defending her death one bit. She was **** bent on breaking through what seemed to be the last door before all the politicians.

But these statistics exist:
"Between 2010 and 2019, there was an average of 5,954 White murders, which is roughly 16% lower than the 10-year average of Black murders. During that same time period, an average of 6,927 Black Americans were murdered each year, meaning Black murders shot up by 43% in 2020 compared to the previous 10-year average"

Do we care more about our working class brothers & sisters or do we care more about some crooked-*** politicians? January 6th was disgusting, but does it take precedent over the 2 billion dollars in damage caused by the riots? Over the spike in murder rate in the black community since the 2020 riots?

Last edited:
z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

Advertisement

1 white lady was shot in killed as a result of the January 6th "insurrection". I'm not defending her death one bit. She was **** bent on breaking through what seemed to be the last door before all the politicians.

"Between 2010 and 2019, there was an average of 5,954 White murders, which is roughly 16% lower than the 10-year average of Black murders. During that same time period, an average of 6,927 Black Americans were murdered each year, meaning Black murders shot up by 43% in 2020 compared to the previous 10-year average"

Do we care more about our working class brothers & sisters or do we care more about some crooked-*** politicians? January 6th was disgusting, but does it take precedent over the 2 billion dollars in damage caused by the riots? Over the spike in murder rate in the black community since the 2020 riots?

Ed is a great Cane and HOF but he is not above criticism in this regard. I am not sure what his reasoning here is either but is not based on the facts.

"The MCCA report looked at three types of protest events: peaceful and lawful protests, protests with unlawful but non-violent civil disobedience such as blocking roads and highways, and protests with acts of violence, in other words “riots.”

Of the 8,700 protest events reported by MCCA members, 3,692 involved unlawful acts of civil disobedience. Five hundred of these occurred in a single city. Eight of the reporting cities—Columbus, Denver, Detroit, Memphis, Portland, Sacramento, San Diego, and Tucson—said that every protest during the May 25 to July 31 period involved unlawful but non-violent acts. Some of these protests may have also involved violence. MCCA reports that 574 of the protests it studied involved violence. One city accounted for 100 of these riots.

Looting and arson were common during the period studied. The 68 cities and counties reported that they experienced 2,385 incidents of looting and 624 incidents of arson, including 97 police vehicles burned.

More than 2,035 law enforcement officers were injured at the protests and riots during the time frame studied. The most common weapon used by the rioters against officers in the reporting cities and counties were thrown projectiles, including rocks, bricks, glass bottles, and frozen water bottles. The report says violent protesters often used a front line of peaceful protesters as human shields while they assaulted officers with thrown objects.

Officers were also commonly assaulted with commercial fireworks, impact weapons, and lasers targeting their eyes. Nearly half of the respondents said rioters had used incendiary devices. MCCA reports that some rioters used the tactic of throwing firebombs behind the officers so that they could be trapped between barriers built by the mob and the flames. A little more than half of reporting jurisdictions said they had encountered firearms during the protests and riots. One agency reported that four of their officers were shot by rioters.

The peak of the violence, according to MCCA, came during the first weekend of the protests, May 29 through June 1. The report says that violent extremists collaborated online and through social media to organize violence. “More than three quarters of agencies (78%) discovered persons that seemed to self-identify with far left ideologies, and more than half (51%) discovered persons that seemed to identify with violent far-right ideologies,” the report says.

MCCA member agencies arrested 16,241 protesters and rioters from May 25 to July 31. Nearly 17% of these arrests were for felonies and 7% of the total involved violence. Many of the cases were quickly dismissed, which may explain why 52% of the reporting agencies said they arrested the same people twice for “protest-related crimes.” "

"Property Claim Services (PCS), a unit of Verisk Analytics, tracks insurance claims related to civil disorders and has done so since 1950. Axios reported exclusively Wednesday that PCS estimates that insurance claims of at least $1 billion to $2 billion will make the riots following the killing of Floyd the costliest ever."

Del Rio's point is valid.

I really don’t understand how the Capitol is more valuable than the businesses that got burnt down the summer before. Government itself brings nothing of value. They don’t make money, they spend it. Those businesses brought value to our economy. I don’t see politicians as any better than anyone here. Seeing them as something more than the average person, is part of the reason they have become a drain on this country.

That first paragraph doesn’t describe what I saw on the video. Looked like she was pressured into going inside the building by someone that wasn’t a “T# supporter” and then shot while everyone else was smiling in front of the cameras … she was the only one shot out of everyone else that was there to put on the act. Looked more like one of those marked for death type situations. Gotta make it look real right? Lol just playing I don’t believe in “conspiracy theories” I’m just typing words. 🙃

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really don’t understand how the Capitol is more valuable than the businesses that got burnt down the summer before. Government itself brings nothing of value. They don’t make money, they spend it. Those businesses brought value to our economy. I don’t see politicians as any better than anyone here. Seeing them as something more than the average person, is part of the reason they have become a drain on this country.
They are different in terms of the Capitol that day being the site of officially presiding over the naming of a President. Those "businesses" were not. The physical damage to both was highly regrettable (and criminal on the part of the rioters in both cases) but they are hardly equal in national importance, on Jan 6 or any other day.

They are different in terms of the Capitol that day being the site of officially presiding over the naming of a President. Those "businesses" were not. The physical damage to both was highly regrettable (and criminal on the part of the rioters in both cases) but they are hardly equal in national importance, on Jan 6 or any other day.

I’m just shaking my head and you actually having to post this since people can’t figure this one out. It’s like patiently explaining why the earth is not flat. Sometimes I wonder what planet people are living on.

@hotshot @AUcane

I understand your point, but it begs the question why wasnt the capitol better defended? A lot of folks also find it hard to believe that a few thousand relatively poorly armed folks could overwhelm the strongest army the world has ever seen. Its either a major security **** up or a staged event that got out of hand, probably both.

Lastly if the government and media were fair in their coverage of violence, the reaction would be different. There are still nightly riots by Antifa in Portland, no longer being reported because it doesnt fit the media narrative.

@hotshot @AUcane

I understand your point, but it begs the question why wasnt the capitol better defended? A lot of folks also find it hard to believe that a few thousand relatively poorly armed folks could overwhelm the strongest army the world has ever seen. Its either a major security **** up or a staged event that got out of hand, probably both.

Lastly if the government and media were fair in their coverage of violence, the reaction would be different. There are still nightly riots by Antifa in Portland, no longer being reported because it doesnt fit the media narrative.

Those are all good points but nobody is arguing any of those points (i think you’ll get a lot of agreement from folks here). The point that is being argued is that the capitol is not more valuable than businesses being looted. For a variety of reasons, that is a crazy assertion.

Advertisement

I agree. But you hear them talk about the hallowed grounds and sacred spaces of the capitol and halls of Congress and so forth, I think these people think they are deities or something and are above everyone else.

If you are talking monetary value, then yes. The BLM protests caused a great deal more monetary damage.

But if you are talking value generally, you had a violent mob attempting to overthrow a lawful and legitimate election. Had they succeeded in preventing the confirmation of the election such that Biden could not be confirmed and Trump maintained that he was the rightful President, you would have had chaos and financial market calamities of apocalyptic proportions. There was a great deal more at stake on January 6, when the mob threatened to hang Mike Pence and impose their will to thwart a lawful and legitimate election in the most free, most powerful, most relevant, and longest continuous democracy in the world.

It's really comparing apples and oranges.

As far as Del Rio is concerned. He has the right to speak his mind. The Washington Commanders also have the right to speak its mind. Both did. There will be consequences for both. If Del Rio hadn't injected himself in the political arena, he would not have been fined. Once he did, the Commanders were forced to pick a side because that's the world we presently live in.

Blame the media on both sides for creating this world. they want us at each others' throats. It drives ratings. And we're all the suckers.

So why wasn’t it guarded? Protests were expected and they still did nothing.

As far as my original point, I don’t hold the government or government buildings in higher regard than citizens, or citizens private property. The idea that these people are put on pedestals is the problem. I feel the same way about athletes, actors, rich people etc.

Advertisement
I agree. But you hear them talk about the hallowed grounds and sacred spaces of the capitol and halls of Congress and so forth, I think these people think they are deities or something and are above everyone else.
This is exactly right. They do believe that. They pass law that hurt people and exempt themselves from it. They used your tax dollars to protect themselves while simultaneously defund police departments. It’s laughable.

If these places all of the sudden mean something to people, close them and make them museums. Move everything out of DC and require reps to live in their districts, all year round.

So why wasn’t it guarded? Protests were expected and they still did nothing.

As far as my original point, I don’t hold the government or government buildings in higher regard than citizens, or citizens private property. The idea that these people are put on pedestals is the problem. I feel the same way about athletes, actors, rich people etc.

Who cares how it was guarded? What does that prove, that it’s not important? LOC doesn’t have any guards yet it’s pretty **** valuable. Same goes for the wash monument. You’d be surprised at how many “important” buildings in DC are not really protected.

As for the building, that symbol of the capitol represents democracy, our govt, etc. as for it being guarded, the capitol is plenty guarded at least in the streets surrounding it - CH police stop any van/truck going through there in an instant. You either have to go another route or are questioned. As for the lack of guards that day, I’m sure heads rolled for that and I’m also sure that the last thing they expected was what happened. It’s almost as if what happened was NBD to some.

Who cares how it was guarded? What does that prove, that it’s not important? LOC doesn’t have any guards yet it’s pretty **** valuable. Same goes for the wash monument. You’d be surprised at how many “important” buildings in DC are not really protected.

As for the building, that symbol of the capitol represents democracy, our govt, etc. as for it being guarded, the capitol is plenty guarded at least in the streets surrounding it - CH police stop any van/truck going through there in an instant. You either have to go another route or are questioned. As for the lack of guards that day, I’m sure heads rolled for that and I’m also sure that the last thing they expected was what happened. It’s almost as if what happened was NBD to some.
It’s pretty clear half the cops who just let people in, thought it was no big deal.

Advertisement
Back