Ed Reed for Co-DC / DB Coach

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane @Brooklyndee I appreciate your answers and honesty as always. Thanks.
That day to day Grind at this time in his life is too much...but as Brooklyndee alluded to, just having him around campus often, with other former UM players is nothing to sneeze at. You won't have that former players "Shun" with Mario...you can bet on that. You'll see far more of them attending practices and on the sidelines than what we've seen in a long time. Mario is well loved in the Cane Brotherhood/Community....

I like this idea.

:)

No way Ed Reed likes this idea.

Would get in the way of his cigar smoking, cognac-sipping and golf outings.

Dude isn't looking to be some full-time, grind it out 80 hours a week coach—sitting in 17-year old's living rooms and begging them to come to UM.

He liked his cushy gig that didn't get in the way of the laid back, rich retiree life he earned after killing himself in the NFL for years.

Advertisement
Y’all love promoting people to jobs they don’t want.

Mario ain’t Manny. There have been no indications he’s interested in the grind especially the grind Mario expects in the recruiting trail.
**love promoting people to jobs they aren't qualified for.

Love ER as a player. He's woefully unqualified for an on-field position on this staff.

Advertisement
**love promoting people to jobs they aren't qualified for.

Love ER as a player. He's woefully unqualified for an on-field position on this staff.

We make fun of the dudes who want a bunch of former Miami players to become position coaches, but they still come up with these threads.

Dorsey coaching the offense, Reed coaching the defense, Ray Lewis coaching linebackers, Michael Irvin coaching receivers, Carlos Huerta coaching special teams.

Mario makes his staff send out 10 texts before every meeting, so Im sure he would be fine with his Co-DC coaching/recruiting half the season by Zoom and smoking cigars during team meetings

Wait so you can be a position coach and co defensive coordinator and just show up on Friday and Saturday

Advertisement
I would take it for sure.

What does Reed want to do? I seriously doubt he wants to work the hours the position would demand of him. It's why I've said all along, it isn't a lack of opportunity he has to get into coaching, but a lack of desire to do everything the position requires.
He has stated in the past that he wants to be a DC.

Advertisement
Reed is a splash hire? I want what youre having, jesus...
People don't get that hiring our former players is only impressive to us. Even if they had any, would we be impressed by uf hiring a former player that had gone on to NFL greatness?

I don't know if he wants it but i would like him to coach the safeties and move up from there in his duties

Advertisement
Back