Ed Reed for Co-DC / DB Coach

I mean he was an assistant DB coach in Buffalo. Not sure what his duties were.

I'm not opposed to the idea if it's a one year rental.

And also, he's gonna want to (rightfully) be paid like a top flight db coach.

Eds a true Alpha. He will never be comfortable taking orders (why he prefers to be a HC).
Didn't realize you knew the man.

Advertisement
Whatever.... let him go prove himself some where else. This program cannot afford anymore wannabes.

I care more about the program than some hyped up, unproven former player
Yeah u can have to opinion but i know Ed can coach safeties better than some career position coach. We not talking about being a Coordinator

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
It's one thing to say that, but an entirely different thing to mean it. If he wanted to be a DC here or somewhere he would take the appropriate steps to do so.
I agree. Just posting what the man put out there for everyone. I’m guessing his son not coming to Miami with him is a custody issue? Then again, maybe the issue was being able to leave and not be stuck with full time in Miami.

Ed should be doing some version of the same role he is now - show up at camps & events, sideline on gameday, access to Hecht, etc.

Give him a check, keep him involved, let him teach the kids when he is around, and just be a cool *** MF’er that lets them know what it is to be a cane.

Advertisement
Not to be disrespectful to my all times favorite player but Ed seems to be conflicted about coaching. On one hand he publicly expressed his desire to be a HC but at the same time doesn't seem to put the effort and time to do it. How bad he wants it and how much time and effort he is willing to dedicate to becoming a successful coach is the main question IMO.
He is smart and more knowledgeable about the game than most DB coaches out there. He can easily get into coaching if he wants and willing to put the hours but I doubt he does.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i'm not saying this is one of those threads, but @KrazyCane has had some takes that seemed off at the time but turned out correct.

I would take it for sure.

What does Reed want to do? I seriously doubt he wants to work the hours the position would demand of him. It's why I've said all along, it isn't a lack of opportunity he has to get into coaching, but a lack of desire to do everything the position requires.
How can you seriously doubt it without having the facts man? The reality is, you have idea what Ed Reed wants to do. You’re guessing and assuming. All these false narratives about this mans work ethic and his commitment to football needs to stop.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back