Ed Reed for Co-DC / DB Coach

How can you seriously doubt it without having the facts man? The reality is, you have idea what Ed Reed wants to do. You’re guessing and assuming. All these false narratives about this mans work ethic and his commitment to football needs to stop.

How many people in his financial situation want the grind that is collegiate coaching. His family doesn't even live in Miami and he frequently is between there, here, and everywhere else.

Also, you don't just get a DC job, you have to put in the work and make your way up to that title. I can promise you that if he want to coach the corners here or safeties, the job would 100 percent be his.

I don't question Reed's work ethic at all. He was a tireless worker as a player. The same is true with his commitment to football as a player.

There is a big step though between having the means to be a family man and put in the work he does now to being a full time coach. I don't feel that he's willing to make that sacrifice now or he would've. Ed isn't about talk, he's a man of action. If he wanted to do whatever job, he'll go balls to the wall at it.

Advertisement
Ed’s a multi millionaire, GOAT safety and won chips on every level, EVERY LEVEL! *Irvin vc*

He is more than happy smoking cigars and djing music as he enjoys retirement. Don’t see him wanting to grind it out recruiting and game planning every week.

Does Ed Reed want to have this lifestyle? Seems to me he doesn’t have that kind of energy.

Advertisement

john-witherspoon-happy.gif

@KrazyCane !!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
For the record, no funny, no trolling...

I actually wouldn’t be mad at all if Ed Reed was hired as Safeties coach, if that’s something he wanted to do.

I don’t think he wants to be a full time position coach, but if he wanted to he’d be great at it.

Now do I think every former Cane should be a position coach? No, but Ed Reed? No question about it.

He’d be more than overqualified.

This is the move IMO. Need a splash hire to compete with Raymond and UF for Florida recruiting and more than anything, we can’t DOWNGRADE from Trob which is what someone like Chance would be
You have been on this board too long and been exposed to a lot of information on why hiring the ex greats is not a good idea in the long run. Quit fearing those turds in Canesville with there Cory Raymond. This is a new day for us. We are gonna start getting ours. **** the turds.

Advertisement
For the record, no funny, no trolling...

I actually wouldn’t be mad at all if Ed Reed was hired as Safeties coach, if that’s something he wanted to do.

I don’t think he wants to be a full time position coach, but if he wanted to he’d be great at it.

Now do I think every former Cane should be a position coach? No, but Ed Reed? No question about it.

He’d be more than overqualified.
Why do you think that?

His knowledge of the game is unparalleled.

His attention to detail & preparation was Kobe level during his career.

He also had some coaching experience in his career with the Bills as a DB’s coach.
Ed is definitely smart but the question is he dedicated to commit 15-18 hour days being a college coach.

That is the big question.

Ed is definitely smart but the question is he dedicated to commit 15-18 hour days being a college coach.

That is the big question.
Probably not & that’s what I said in my original comment before he asked the question i was responding to.

Advertisement
Back