Ed Reed drops a pipe bomb.

How long does he need exactly? How long are you willing to give Mario?
Mario is a different thing. He’s the boss. He’s got the backing of the school and boosters. I think it will take a few years, but I think he’s got the tools to do the job. Ed, as you point out, had a title without much power. He didn’t have the backing of the administration.

I’m not saying he wasn’t part of the losing team, but he wasn’t part of causing the problem and he wasn’t given the backing to fix it. Why he got into that position I couldn’t say.

Advertisement
Manny used Reed as a buffer from Alonzo, is my understanding

Reed was nuetered by that guy who is now in Happy Valley

I guarantee Ed was highly frustrated by the clown show he witnessed

Last edited:
I haven't bashed Ed and don't plan to, but this is entirely inaccurate. There fans say a **** of a lot worse stuff about their legends than we do about ours. Especially coming from the good ole boys.
That's complete nonsense. That's the equivalent of one of them talking **** about Bo. No chance in fvck. Those dudes appreciate people that put on for them

Manny used Reed as a buffer from Alonzo, is my understanding

Reed was nuetered by that guy who is now in Happy Valley

I guarantee Ed was highly frustrated by the clown show he witnessed
Ed and Mandy used to argue on a regular. These people talk **** about anything they can. Only thing you can talk about Ed for is why he took the job period. He was literally hired simply to boost up the Mandy Diaz brand. Those two assclowns hired him for the sole purpose of keeping Alonzo away. Hence why when zo came on as an advisor he pointed all of that out.

That's complete nonsense. That's the equivalent of one of them talking **** about Bo. No chance in fvck. Those dudes appreciate people that put on for them
Your statement is absolute nonsense. First of all its not equivalent at all.

Bo isn't part of the coaching staff at Auburn. You have absolutely no idea, if Bo signed on as part of Auburns coaching staff, and things went sideways, if there would be a handful of posters online talking schit about him.

Also, you are absolutely delusional if you don't think of all the Auburn fans out there, that none in the backwoods of Alabama have ever said a bad thing about Bo.

Advertisement
Ed and Mandy used to argue on a regular. These people talk **** about anything they can. Only thing you can talk about Ed for is why he took the job period. He was literally hired simply to boost up the Mandy Diaz brand. Those two assclowns hired him for the sole purpose of keeping Alonzo away. Hence why when zo came on as an advisor he pointed all of that out.

I mean, Ed probably thought he could really make a difference, say his peace. Actually help Diaz along this process. . Instead, Diaz thought off him as the human Turnover Chain.

The stuff guys like Reed preach and have seen (accountability, commitment, etc) they are cliche' -- but guess what! Cliche's are generally true. The same principles that worked 50 years ago, will still be in place 50 years from now. Not that gimmicky bulljunk Diaz was all about

Your statement is absolute nonsense. First of all its not equivalent at all.

Bo isn't part of the coaching staff at Auburn. You have absolutely no idea, if Bo signed on as part of Auburns coaching staff, and things went sideways, if there would be a handful of posters online talking schit about him.

Also, you are absolutely delusional if you don't think of all the Auburn fans out there, that none in the backwoods of Alabama have ever said a bad thing about Bo.
And Ed wasn't a part of this COACHING staff...
& Now you're talking about racists. Not football fans.

And Ed wasn't a part of this COACHING staff...
& Now you're talking about racists. Not football fans.
They are not mutually exclusive. Plenty of football fans for these programs are racists.

Ok, well whatever staff he was a part of. You have no idea how Auburn fans would respond, if they felt he was in a position to fix the program, and he didn't do so.

I fully understand that Ed had pretty much no power to actually do what was needed to fix the program. I understand that if he did have that power he would have made a ton of changes and probably fired Mannys ***. However, there are plenty of people that don't understand that and thought he had a lot more influence than he did. You have no idea if Auburn fans would respond differently if they were in the same position.

You don't find any of our fans going around talking schit about any of our other legends who aren't on the schools payroll.

They are not mutually exclusive. Plenty of football fans for these programs are racists.

Ok, well whatever staff he was a part of. You have no idea how Auburn fans would respond, if they felt he was in a position to fix the program, and he didn't do so.

I fully understand that Ed had pretty much no power to actually do what was needed to fix the program. I understand that if he did have that power he would have made a ton of changes and probably fired Mannys ***. However, there are plenty of people that don't understand that and thought he had a lot more influence than he did. You have no idea if Auburn fans would respond differently if they were in the same position.

You don't find any of our fans going around talking schit about any of our other legends who aren't on the schools payroll.
Yes u do... I don't feel like rehashing some of the things I've read on here. So we'll just leave it at agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Yes u do... I don't feel like rehashing some of the things I've read on here. So we'll just leave it at agree to disagree.
How much time do you spend on Auburn boards compared to here to see it? Not nearly as much, that is why you seem to think our fans talk more schit about our legends than Auburn fans do. We can agree to disagree though.

How much time do you spend on Auburn boards compared to here to see it? Not nearly as much, that is why you seem to think our fans talk more schit about our legends than Auburn fans do. We can agree to disagree though.
To be clear I don't go on any other boards. I only dealt with any other teams fanbases through games or my people. To be honest I don't care what teams fan bases do what including this one. I'm just sick of that sort of fan. Fans don't know **** but what they told and all want to believe they understand the intricacies of what goes on inside their chosen squads. Very rarely do they even have a clue. Like ANYONE here who thought for a second that Ed (top 3 one of the most competitive dudes I know)would sit by while this ****** politician destroyed our program and still be okay with it just cause he was collecting a check. Ed don't need one penny from this school. Which is why y'all got no clue what he was even being paid. So again I'm tired of any fans from any fan base who do **** like this.

To be clear I don't go on any other boards. I only dealt with any other teams fanbases through games or my people. To be honest I don't care what teams fan bases do what including this one. I'm just sick of that sort of fan. Fans don't know **** but what they told and all want to believe they understand the intricacies of what goes on inside their chosen squads. Very rarely do they even have a clue. Like ANYONE here who thought for a second that Ed (top 3 one of the most competitive dudes I know)would sit by while this ****** politician destroyed our program and still be okay with it just cause he was collecting a check. Ed don't need one penny from this school. Which is why y'all got no clue what he was even being paid. So again I'm tired of any fans from any fan base who do **** like this.
I agree with you. That wasn't what I was talking about before.

We had an auburn fan coming on here telling me that Auburn fans are perfect and never talk schit about their players. I was just pointing out that is false. You can continue on attacking the guys who are talking schit about Reed and if I see any I will jump in with you.

Advertisement
Mario is a different thing. He’s the boss. He’s got the backing of the school and boosters. I think it will take a few years, but I think he’s got the tools to do the job. Ed, as you point out, had a title without much power. He didn’t have the backing of the administration.

I’m not saying he wasn’t part of the losing team, but he wasn’t part of causing the problem and he wasn’t given the backing to fix it. Why he got into that position I couldn’t say.
Ed has(had) access to every coach and player on the team as well as BJ. He had the power to make people listen and to change minds. He just didn't.

I don't buy the whole Ed Reed was muted theory. Ed Reed can't be muted.

Ed has(had) access to every coach and player on the team as well as BJ. He had the power to make people listen and to change minds. He just didn't.

I don't buy the whole Ed Reed was muted theory. Ed Reed can't be muted.
I don’t know how you know all that, but ok. Does Ed Reed also have the ability to force people to listen to him? Can he make his bosses listen and take action? Could he have forced Manny to do things? What about OL’ BJ? The BOT?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back