Ed Reed drops a pipe bomb.

Or maybe he wanted to help so he took the only opportunity he was offered?
When the job you get offered serves no purpose and it was evident to anyone that was paying attention, then why take it? Ed knew full well that he was being used by Blake James and Manny, because they didn't want to hire Alonzo, or anyone with the ability to do anything constructive.

Advertisement
There had to be some definition for the job. We all understood it to be to help with the culture of the program. If what he is saying is true then he's the failure in the circuit. Culture, winning attitude was supposed to be his baby.
First rule of organizations: If what you do can't be clearly defined in one sentence, odds are your job isn't vital or needed.

I'm amazed that so many of our fans refuse to see the obvious, that Ed Reed, Miami Legend took a PR job and that it was exposed as garbage almost immediately.

Can we get a list of these ****'s that are talking ****!? It's not hard to see who the culprits are. OP should be first on the list for starting this thread!
Grown men shouldn't be treating other grown men as Gods. Ed Reed, despite being a great player, and a program legend took a garbage job and allowed himself to be used by an incompetent HC and AD. That's on HIM, he's intelligent enough to know what was being done. He knows that once the Alonzo hire fell through, he was the fallback. Frankly, he shouldn't have taken the job and told them to kick rocks.

There had to be some definition for the job. We all understood it to be to help with the culture of the program. If what he is saying is true then he's the failure in the circuit. Culture, winning attitude was supposed to be his baby.
Right. Because he was on the job long enough to fix 20 years of lazy culture. Maybe he should have done more, I don’t think any of us really know. I do know he gets no blame for the culture being f*cked up…it was just fine when he left for the NFL.

Grown men shouldn't be treating other grown men as Gods. Ed Reed, despite being a great player, and a program legend took a garbage job and allowed himself to be used by an incompetent HC and AD. That's on HIM, he's intelligent enough to know what was being done. He knows that once the Alonzo hire fell through, he was the fallback. Frankly, he shouldn't have taken the job and told them to kick rocks.
But isn’t that what “alphas” are supposed to do? Don’t savages always believe they’re the greatest and can fix anything? Isn’t that the mindset CIS is always saying we need?

Advertisement
When the job you get offered serves no purpose and it was evident to anyone that was paying attention, then why take it? Ed knew full well that he was being used by Blake James and Manny, because they didn't want to hire Alonzo, or anyone with the ability to do anything constructive.
How was Alonzo going to do anything? If you believe he could come in and change things, why do you thing Ed should have known better?

Bottom line: if those guys weren’t going to let one guy fix it, they weren’t going to let the other fix it either. And when the people in the system don’t want it fixed, nobody can fix it.

Smh. . .

How was Alonzo going to do anything? If you believe he could come in and change things, why do you thing Ed should have known better?

Bottom line: if those guys weren’t going to let one guy fix it, they weren’t going to let the other fix it either. And when the people in the system don’t want it fixed, nobody can fix it.
Alonzo wouldn't take a job in which he couldn't do anything. Ed knew this job had no teeth and took it anyway. You don't get to whine about the job being trash if you took it, despite knowing it was trash.

Advertisement
If Ed was really against what was going on, he could have easily spilled the beans, turned down the free money and said this all years ago. It’s ironic that after the fact, everyone knew **** was going bad. Yet while **** is actually going bad, nobody says anything.

Right. Because he was on the job long enough to fix 20 years of lazy culture. Maybe he should have done more, I don’t think any of us really know. I do know he gets no blame for the culture being f*cked up…it was just fine when he left for the NFL.
How long does he need exactly? How long are you willing to give Mario?

He did exactly what the fvck he was supposed to. That's what the fvck he did. The fact y'all tried to change his job description to something your corch and ad didn't ask out of him is no ones fault beyond theirs and y'all's. So slow down with how y'all **** on Ed now too. Everyone here,anytime you turn around y'all have some **** to say about dudes who all did far more for this university as babies while they slept than y'all ever have... Lame as fvck
Bra I call out some of the *** **** around here, but a lot of times I bite my tongue because i dont want to be known as "that guy", but I truly appreciate you for not giving nan ***s.

Advertisement
You never hear schools like Auburn talk **** about there legends. This is one of the reasons schools negatively recruit against Miami. I don't give a fck what anyone says, there are Ed Reed haters on CIS.
I haven't bashed Ed and don't plan to, but this is entirely inaccurate. There fans say a **** of a lot worse stuff about their legends than we do about ours. Especially coming from the good ole boys.

Y'all got Ed F-ed up if you think he didn't know things were a mess. As @Brooklyndee said earlier, it wasn't his job to do anything more than what he was hired to do. You could see animosity several times last year between Ed and Diaz on the sidelines...once the Lispy ******* turned away from Ed and walked away.

I haven't bashed Ed and don't plan to, but this is entirely inaccurate. There fans say a **** of a lot worse stuff about their legends than we do about ours. Especially coming from the good ole boys.
Hey man listen that's ****** bull****! I'm an Auburn Alumnus and I'm in Auburn 10 months out of the year. I'm heavily involved in Auburn recruiting for 15+ years. I was on that Auburn team that made the Elite 8 for the first time in school history, I have a son that is a junior at Auburn. Don't ****un lie on Auburn when you don't know what the **** you're talking about. And don't get it twisted, I've been a CIS fanatic since 2014. You have NO idea what you're talking about!

And spare me with the good ole boy ****. It doesn't always apply just because it's the south. I played for Sonny Smith who's still works play by play at Auburn Basketball games right now and he's 84 now.

If you're going to talk **** about Auburn speak facts!

Advertisement
Hey man listen that's ****** bull****! I'm an Auburn Alumnus and I'm in Auburn 10 months out of the year. I'm heavily involved in Auburn recruiting for 15+ years. I was on that Auburn team that made the Elite 8 for the first time in school history, I have a son that is a junior at Auburn. Don't ****un lie on Auburn when you don't know what the **** you're talking about. And don't get it twisted, I've been a CIS fanatic since 2014. You have NO idea what you're talking about!

And spare me with the good ole boy ****. It doesn't always apply just because it's the south. I played for Sonny Smith who's still works play by play at Auburn Basketball games right now and he's 84 now.

If you're going to talk **** about Auburn speak facts!
So because you personally haven't heard it, means it doesn't happen? Most likely the fact that you are an athlete, people shy away from saying the schit they say behind players backs to your face.

Regardless, I have seen some bad posts on the Auburn board when I was digging through their boards to dig up info on our last recruiting battle with them.

So because you personally haven't heard it, means it doesn't happen? Most likely the fact that you are an athlete, people shy away from saying the schit they say behind players backs to your face.

Regardless, I have seen some bad posts on the Auburn board when I was digging through their boards to dig up info on our last recruiting battle with them.
I didn't say they didn't talk **** and I know I don't know everything, but I'm referencing LEGENDS/HALL A FAMERS. Charles Barkley, Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan, Chuck Person, Eddie Johnson, John Mengelt, Chris Morris etc. The list is long. I'm talking about LEGENDS. They are all highly regarded.

We're talking about LEGENDS and Ed Reed is a mutha fckn LEGEND!

I didn't say they didn't talk **** and I know I don't know everything, but I'm referencing LEGENDS/HALL A FAMERS. Charles Barkley, Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan, Chuck Person, Eddie Johnson, John Mengelt, Chris Morris etc. The list is long. I'm talking about LEGENDS. They are all highly regarded.

We're talking about LEGENDS and Ed Reed is a mutha fckn LEGEND!
WTF are you talking about. Ed Reed is highly regarded here too. People prop up our legends on a regular basis. I don't know any other team that constantly talks about a particular team full of legends like Miami does. The 01 Canes.

So what are you even trying to say then? Both of our fanbase has fans that talk schit behind their computers about our players. I have seen it here and I have seen Auburn players do it. Auburn fans don't talk schit about players to other players faces.

Do you think Miami has large amounts of guys that go around talking schit about Ray lewis to his face? do you think they go around talking schit to Play maker to his face? No they don't do that either.

didn't think he was criticizing the current coaches. they haven't been there long enough. but he was part of the last administration. he may not feel he is responsible but true leadership is accepting some responsibility when you are part of a team that failed.
Man stfu. You're not going to make this about ED lacking accountability for something he had no control over.

He is not apart of that "regime" if he had no impact or duties thay would allow him to

Advertisement
Back