Ed Reed drops a pipe bomb.

Advertisement
What his position allowed him to do. Are you guys serious with this stuff?
I’m just saying his position on the team had his hands tied when it came to any type of coaching up, or that’s how I interpreted the rules. He was there to shine on the sidelines and be that HOF alum for the kids to talk to.

To me Ed Reed is the greatest Cane of all time. He can do whatever the **** he wants. He’s earned my respect and I will follow his leadership. He talked it and lived it.

Didn’t Jesus do the same thing? Respect these men till you die.

What exactly did Ed Reed do the last two years while collecting a UM paycheck?

🤔
Have to listen and put up with this A$$ 🤡
Whats Up Handshake GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Ed and them boys trapped in another time. Yea u gotta work hard but u need the best to win......those guys ain't under the radar anymore they are known.
That is an oversimplification. Ed could gave been used to impart wisdom to not only the players but also the coaching staff. The problem is we had a coaching staff and administration with no pedigree. No true vision, No plan and definitely No Championship mentality. It was all about bells and whistles. The culture was trash and this moron👇
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Was an insecure little *****. I hope he continues to get fired on his way back to an ESPN ANALyst.

We might not have had the best players in the country, but we had enough to have a championship mentality and do a **** of a lot more with that.

All you had to do is look at Cincinnati and Utah this year. Nuff said.

Question: why can’t anybody ever give examples of anything? Don’t say “guys aren’t showing that attitude”, tell me wtf their actually doing. What are they saying and doing that made you think they weren’t showing the right attitude? I don’t need to know who said what, but how about being less vague.

i will say why is he publicly throwing shade when he is in management? Part of his job is to be helping to fix the problem, definitely not publicly complaining about it.
Saying the last guys weren’t doing it right is part of paving the way for for the new guys. He’s not criticizing current coaches.

Advertisement
Saying the last guys weren’t doing it right is part of paving the way for for the new guys. He’s not criticizing current coaches.
didn't think he was criticizing the current coaches. they haven't been there long enough. but he was part of the last administration. he may not feel he is responsible but true leadership is accepting some responsibility when you are part of a team that failed.

Ed is such a striking but thoughtful person, would love to have a few with him and get a unfiltered no holds barred speech, would be epic. He's deliberate and concise in interviews, but you know in reality my mans got a lot to say.

Question: why can’t anybody ever give examples of anything? Don’t say “guys aren’t showing that attitude”, tell me wtf their actually doing. What are they saying and doing that made you think they weren’t showing the right attitude? I don’t need to know who said what, but how about being less vague.
Pick some vague buzzword with no real tangibility and say "This is what we're a missin". He may not be able to coach them but imparting a winning attitude could be as simple as having a one on one conversation with some of the leaders. Surely Ed Reed could SPEAK to every player.

Why would a head coach hire this guy as a coordinator now knowing that Reed will get an inside look at your program and when you get fired knock you. He's doing waay too much but he's not doing the right things.

Let's be real, Ed didn't have to take this poorly defined, powerless job. He CHOSE to, and then he stayed even once it became obvious that he didn't have any say so. Now he's covering his ***. I will always respect what Ed has done for the program, but he was part of The grease fire, and that tarnishes his legacy a little.

Advertisement
Let's be real, Ed didn't have to take this poorly defined, powerless job. He CHOSE to, and then he stayed even once it became obvious that he didn't have any say so. Now he's covering his ***. I will always respect what Ed has done for the program, but he was part of The grease fire, and that tarnishes his legacy a little.
Or maybe he wanted to help so he took the only opportunity he was offered?

Or maybe he wanted to help so he took the only opportunity he was offered?
There had to be some definition for the job. We all understood it to be to help with the culture of the program. If what he is saying is true then he's the failure in the circuit. Culture, winning attitude was supposed to be his baby.

That is an oversimplification. Ed could gave been used to impart wisdom to not only the players but also the coaching staff. The problem is we had a coaching staff and administration with no pedigree. No true vision, No plan and definitely No Championship mentality. It was all about bells and whistles. The culture was trash and this moron👇
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Was an insecure little *****. I hope he continues to get fired on his way back to an ESPN ANALyst.

We might not have had the best players in the country, but we had enough to have a championship mentality and do a **** of a lot more with that.

All you had to do is look at Cincinnati and Utah this year. Nuff said.
championship mentality develops when u start winning and apparently imo there wasn't enough talent for that. That OL and DL on any given day could have a problem with App State types, and if its like that any game is could end in a L. Also Cincy play no one and lost up front to Bama and Utah plays in a ****** PAC 12 where Oregon could not match up against for some reason. Even if the recruiting ranking said OU was better, thats why Mario left cause u cant collect a massive amount of talent. In spots u can at OU but at UM its like Bama UGA u can stack

Advertisement
I believe Ed’s opinion on the state of the program was quite valued as well as a contributing factor to the decisions made that gave us a fresh start with qualified staff and new AD. I also believe his opinions and or suggestions will be of great value and welcomed by Mario.

Advertisement
Back