Ed Reed COS?

It would not have cost the university or specifically the athletic department a dime. There were a couple/few major boosters that were offering to pay Alonzo's salary.

LMAO if you think it's that simple. There was ONE, as reported. Of course, everything you read about 'Canes football is ALWAYS true, right?

And what happens after one year when things don't change and said booster decides to no longer pay? Oh great, we either need to fire someone without cause or pony up six figures.

Advertisement
LMAO if you think it's that simple. There was ONE, as reported. Of course, everything you read about 'Canes football is ALWAYS true, right?

And what happens after one year when things don't change and said booster decides to no longer pay? Oh great, we either need to fire someone without cause or pony up six figures.
DiMare is not a flake.

Helps with travel? I think you’re talking about a different gig. You ain’t bringing Ed Fcking Reed in here to be a travel agent.

He’d be a general assistant to the whole staff. A sounding board. A shaman of sorts.

This is correct.

Hoops thinks we're hiring a Chief of Staff to get coffee and answers Diaz's phone LMAO.

This is correct.

Hoops thinks we're hiring a Chief of Staff to get coffee and answers Diaz's phone LMAO.

In his role as chief of staff, Warwick will coordinate all aspect of the program’s administrative impact and influence. He also will work closely with the coaching, recruiting, operations, academics and communications staffs.

if you guys think this position is gonna save manny, you'd be wrong. its essentially to help manny as an HC (alleviate his burden from what the pods i heard on what a COS does at other schools). he is not a GM

Advertisement

I disagree. It is literally just that simple for a booster to pay for an admin salary. We can agree to disagree.

Tbh I honestly don’t care about this position.
This is my feeling about it now..was excited at first thought we were gonna get a AD level type to focus solely on football..If were going with Ed Reed, I’m not exactly sure what the position exactly brings other than hype..I’ll say this tho it will add excitement throughout the fanbase..it is what it is..can never say it’s bad to have Ed around in some compacity

In his role as chief of staff, Warwick will coordinate all aspect of the program’s administrative impact and influence. He also will work closely with the coaching, recruiting, operations, academics and communications staffs.

Jesus dude. This is NOT WHAT AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT DOES.

The duties of an administrative assistant may include a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. Answering telephones, arranging for meetings and travel, and managing schedules are some common examples of administrative assistant duties and responsibilities.

If Ed Reef wants to get involved in any capacity, you roll out the red carpet for him. I just wish he would be on the field and the bartender on the street.

Advertisement
Helps with travel? I think you’re talking about a different gig. You ain’t bringing Ed Fcking Reed in here to be a travel agent.

He’d be a general assistant to the whole staff. A sounding board. A shaman of sorts.
Exactamundo! He's not coming in to get Manny coffee and book his afternoon flight. He'd be coming in to help with organization from a 30K foot view, help evaluate talent, staff, overall vision and probably be the point person for connecting with the greats of the past.

Regarding recruiting, can you imagine your hotshot SoFLa kid and Ed Reed is telling you that not only will he be around to help guide, but also call names of his extensive NFL rolodex to set up opportunities, etc.

Jesus dude. This is NOT WHAT AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT DOES.

The duties of an administrative assistant may include a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. Answering telephones, arranging for meetings and travel, and managing schedules are some common examples of administrative assistant duties and responsibilities.

oh jesus youre one of those who takes everything so literal

I disagree. It is literally just that simple for a booster to pay for an admin salary. We can agree to disagree.

Unless you've been employed by the University of Miami, like I have, I'd prefer to go with you're wrong.

Can you explain how Title IX would impact an external donation as specific to employment for a role dedicated to one team?

Advertisement
Why COS tho? Ed isnt a suit and tie type. What connections does Ed have to cfb?

He'll go down as the best Safety to ever do it and his skills are teachable! To waste him in an office doesnt make sense

he hasn’t even been hired yet and the role hasn’t been publicly announced/clarified but you’re already making assumptions about ER sitting in some office? There’s no **** way he takes that job. My guess is he’s everywhere within the program including on the field at practice. Maybe he even takes some of Joel’s responsibilities also.

oh jesus youre one of those who takes everything so literal

Considering Diaz literally has an administrative assistant and this job is literally not that job?

Forgive me for taking it literally.

But great excuse to back out of you not knowing what you're talking about.

if you guys think this position is gonna save manny, you'd be wrong. its essentially to help manny as an HC (alleviate his burden from what the pods i heard on what a COS does at other schools). he is not a GM

I'm sure the schools can design the COS as they see fit. Not all COS positions are the same.

If indeed it is ed reed (I highly doubt it), he will be brought on board for an involved position qwith the team - personnel/coaches/support staff/etc

Advertisement

I never said he was a GM. If they wanted a GM they would have hire Highsmith. Reed ain’t coming here to be a secretary, mojombo I don’t care how many podcasts you fall asleep to.

What would ed Reed provide? He has no management experience. Would he be there just to assist in evaluating talent ?

I don't get what the **** a chief of staff is supposed to do

Ya I don't understand this either

Advertisement
Back