Ed Reed COS?

Advertisement
Can't really draw any conclusions without knowing the specifics. The duties of an Alonzo COS may be different than an Ed Reed COS.

Aside from coaching with the Bills for one season, what has he done after his playing career?

What makes him qualified for this role? The guy FSU got spent 8 seasons as director of OPs for an NFL team. Highsmith has spent 8 seasons in an NFL front office.

Reed seems more like an unqualified guy to serve as fan service and a glorified mascot.
The bold part.

Advertisement
It’s the perfect front for Blake James to deflect negativity from the Blake and Manny led football program....

It’s absolutely the wrong hire, but from Blake James position, it’s about as perfect as you can get
A living, breathing memberberry

Advertisement
Reed could help the program out tremendously. Besides being another set of eyes for the coaches he could be a mentor to the players. Heres a guy who has won at every level and knows the little things it takes to be great. He loves and reps this university...maybe even more than Irvin.

Hes always been a big film guy and can help not only players but even our coaches with film breakdown. The more quality individuals you get around this program the better

So I guess the COS is more of an admin person and maybe could help some in recruiting, maybe even practice?

so from that standpoint... Ed Reed has 0admin experience I’d assume, recruiting upside is undeniable, practice he can help with the DBs, not sure about his eye for talent/scouting. maybe he can help hold players accountable ?

Overall might not be the worst hire, id like it more as an assistant but I mean get him in the building, he can take over CB or Safeties next year

Advertisement
No matter what, ed will be able to help teach these guys what a real work ethic and real film study actually looks like. The cowards in admin were intimidated by zo, so once again, let's bring in the least experienced guy we can find, lol, this **** is comical, but if its ed, he'll make himself useful to the program in some form shape or fashion!

Aside from coaching with the Bills for one season, what has he done after his playing career?

What makes him qualified for this role? The guy FSU got spent 8 seasons as director of OPs for an NFL team. Highsmith has spent 8 seasons in an NFL front office.

Reed seems more like an unqualified guy to serve as fan service and a glorified mascot.
Definite leader amongst Alphas in college . Illustrious career in the NFL. HOF status. That doesn't account for any type of experience?

If we get him in only as a sounding board for the defensive staff, our players, the secondary especially, HOW to watch/breakdown film, how to make the entire ST return and block game much more dangerous, and simply as a conduit for Manny - a reference to how Baltimore evaluated talent, ran the organization, and how to fix the ineffectiveness or weakness within our defensive scheme - it’s a good look.

If we can’t get Zo... I’ll take that. All of the above.

Bill B. says Ed is the smartest football player he’s ever faced. I fuggs with that.

Advertisement
When they were talking about Zo, I thought of it more like a gm... have a scouting/recruiting department under him, have him manage offers and the recruiting board, help with reviewing film, oversee assistant coaches, have the analysts breaking down other teams under him. Something that would actually take some outside of the box thinking and swallowing if an ego.

This strikes me as less responsibility and oversight, more culture/standard rah rah type of hire. Not as much authority and more to hold people accountable and help out where needed. It’s for sure to calm the masses and placate a couple of BOT members if this is the path they go.

What would ed Reed provide? He has no management experience. Would he be there just to assist in evaluating talent ?

I don't get what the **** a chief of staff is supposed to do
I wiuld bet on Ed Reed over everyone associated with tis program, from BOT on down. Fire them all. Ed Reed is the truth.

Advertisement
Back