Ed Reed COS?

Advertisement
Nobody even know what the job is lmao! Just a lot of assumptions of the roles responsibilities..I’ll be first too say I was wrong about what the position actually was when first announced if the go with Ed

In his role as chief of staff, Warwick will coordinate all aspect of the program’s administrative impact and influence. He also will work closely with the coaching, recruiting, operations, academics and communications staffs.

Advertisement
Nah. Ed Reed is one of the 5 best football players of his generation. If UM tarnishes him, they should shut the whole institution and sell off the land to developers.
I put nothing beyond Blake’s incompetence and Manny’s ego.

Isnt that the head coach job?
If you have a competent, experienced head coach, yes. If you have Manny who needs to focus on his coaching, has culture problems, and continually has a mess of a recruiting board, then you need to bring someone in to oversee it and mentor him along.

I have no idea if this is true but anyone saying Ed Reed as Chief of Staff wouldn't mean anything is a clown. Just having his presence around the football team and school would immediately give us more credibility. Not to mention his connection with alumni, on-campus recruiting, and evaluating the state of the program.
This!!!! ED being on staff helps more than hurts imo

Advertisement
Its hurts me that the two people associated with canes football that I hate the most are using one of my favorite players to calm the waters around them.

Reed is going to be used to:
1) fix alumni relations
2) shield manny and Blake from criticism
3) appease the fan base

I have to hand it to manny and Blake. Two weeks ago, everyone was calling for them to be neutered and they were being forced to work with an experienced colleague who has a direct line to their superiors.

Now, they've hired a person of their choice for a role that truthfully wouldnt be available if either could competently perform their job duties. And they will be applauded for the hire! This **** makes me sick!!!!!

You pass on a legit NFL VP and go with a guy with ZERO management / coaching experience ...makes sense

Agree. Why would you pass on an experienced guy like zo for reed? zo won't play favorites and tell him like it is. Reed may still be impressionable since he lacks the experience a..a.regardless reed's presense may make a difference but this still looks like. alzy ads move by Blake and his ***** pass counterparts

Advertisement
This would be a pr move to satisfy the big donors and fans.Don't get me wrong as a player ed reed is the big dog,alpha male and loved every moment of watching him play here.but I don't think this is the best move not because of reeds ability as a player but his experience at being in that position.

Its hurts me that the two people associated with canes football that I hate the most are using one of my favorite players to calm the waters around them.

1) fix alumni relations
3) appease the fan base

I have to hand it to manny and Blake. Two weeks ago, everyone was calling for them to be neutered and they were being forced to work with an experienced colleague who has a direct line to their superiors.

Now, they've hired a person of their choice for a role that truthfully wouldnt be available if either could competently perform their job duties. And they will be applauded for the hire! This **** makes me sick!!!!!

Dude there is way too much righteous indignantion here about a rumor there’s zero indication has any validity.

Advertisement
Ed wants to coach not be some mascot, he should be neither here. If they really are going to do this PR they should’ve just hired Zo.

I found this page about different cheif of staff from different schools.
To me it means we probably will never know what his actual job will be

I found this page about different cheif of staff from different schools.
To me it means we probably will never know what his actual job will be
Warwick!!!!

1) fix alumni relations
3) appease the fan base

Manny is the Adam Schiff of UM football.

Advertisement
Back