Ed Orgeron

Advertisement
1604246397916.png

Spoken from the perspective of a true "fan" who never gave a literal F@#K about the University of Miami.

This is exactly why alums hate fans.
Not related to this poster in particular, but the difference between those two groups is noticeable.

Advertisement
I always thought it was funny people hyped up Ed O. Like Ole Miss never happened. Dude had an NFL OC, a HC running his defense and seasoned first round talent up and down the roster last year. He's basically Larry Coker.
Remains to be seen, he does know how to hire and delegate to talent at OC level and DC level. D.Aranda was an excellent DC
Pellini even with inexperience is looking like a bad hire. Scott Linehan as OC just(passing coordinator looks just ok.
emsinger should hang them up.... Pellini is gone .... time to retool as there is always talent at LSU

Why is Ed getting so much hate? Lol. He wasn’t lightning in a bottle, at LSU, and he **** sure wasn’t Coker. Dude has been there for 4.75 yrs. Went 6-2 as an interim. Went 9-4 as 1st yr full head coach. Then 10-3 w/ Burrows who everyone on this board clowned during our game w/ LSU. Then hired Joe Brady from the Saints to vamp up his stagnant O, and won the Nat’l title. Then **** near the entire LSU Tigers roster got drafted, his entire coaching staff changed, and the best WR in the nation last season opted out.

LSU is in rebuild mode, which will happen pretty quickly b/c O can recruit w/ his bayou voodoo.

I think it’s safe to say we would kill for a guy to go 42-12 here in a 4.75 year period, 3-1 in bowl games and a Nat’l title. He may flame out at LSU, but this 2-3 start w/ all those factors shouldn’t label him as a corch, not yet at least. We didn’t label Coker as a corch until it became abundantly clear as Butch’s players left. If anything, LSU got better as Miles players left.
Personally, my issue is how people on this board complain that Miami didnt hire O to be their head coach like if they did he would be very successful. Given Miami's lack of financial resources or unwillingness to spend money, I do not have any reason to think he would be more successful than any of the other coaches that we have hired. You say O i no Coker (the jury is still out on that one) but you are failing to factor in his coaching record at Ole Miss in your analysis. so there is a larger sample for his HC career than you are factoring in.

Advertisement
LSU lost 17 starters ,a bunch of them 1st or 2nd round draft picks to graduation,opt outs or early entries to the NFL the main one a QB who may have had the best year of any QB in the history of CFB and the guy who ran the offense that created that year so what’d you expect?
You take 17 starters off ANY team including Bama,OSU or Clemson and they would be having the same problem.

Not trying to take up for O but the guy has done a good job since being there and it would take any coach Dabo,Urban,Saban any of them A couple years to overcome a one year exodus like this.

Personally, my issue is how people on this board complain that Miami didnt hire O to be their head coach like if they did he would be very successful. Given Miami's lack of financial resources or unwillingness to spend money, I do not have any reason to think he would be more successful than any of the other coaches that we have hired. You say O i no Coker (the jury is still out on that one) but you are failing to factor in his coaching record at Ole Miss in your analysis. so there is a larger sample for his HC career than you are factoring in.
Who gives af about what happens yesterday? He was a successful interim coach at SC after Ole Miss. Became a successful interim coach at LSU, after Ole Miss, and just won the Nat’l championship, AFTER OLE MISS.

Who gives af about what happens yesterday? He was a successful interim coach at SC after Ole Miss. Became a successful interim coach at LSU, after Ole Miss, and just won the Nat’l championship, AFTER OLE MISS.

And he is having a losing season now. That National Championship was last year. Is that not yesteday? Lets see what he does from here on out? I think he is closer to Coker than he is to an elite coach.

And he is having a losing season now. That National Championship was last year. Is that not yesteday? Lets see what he does from here on out? I think he is closer to Coker than he is to an elite coach.
HE’S LOST.....u know what, nvm. I, along w others on here, have already articulated the massive turnover on LSU’s roster & staff. U right.

Advertisement
HE’S LOST.....u know what, nvm. I, along w others on here, have already articulated the massive turnover on LSU’s roster & staff. U right.

No your opinion is more valid. It really is. Thats what you are saying? I bow down to your vastly superior knowledge on this.

Advertisement
Ed O needs to fire Bo Pelini. There's no reason for their defense to be so bad. They can't stop the run or pass. That's unacceptable with the talent that LSU has acquired through recruiting. I get them losing games this year considering the number of players they lost from last year's roster but to be this bad is just egregious.

If you are right I will gladly acknowledge it All kidding aside
do you have an opinion on whether O would be better than the coaches we have hired?
I think Coach O is a helluva recruiter. I know a couple of guys he recruited to SC & they, along with their parents absolutely loved him, and his side of the ball played hard for him.

I think we have better talent on the squad, for sure, and he can be a bit of intimidating factor. I think he’s a much better option than Manny, for sure. I think our assistants would be more P5 level. I also think he absolutely murders Golden as a coach here.

I think Coach O is a helluva recruiter. I know a couple of guys he recruited to SC & they, along with their parents absolutely loved him, and his side of the ball played hard for him.

I think we have better talent on the squad, for sure, and he can be a bit of intimidating factor. I think he’s a much better option than Manny, for sure. I think our assistants would be more P5 level. I also think he absolutely murders Golden as a coach here.

I think thats a fair point. He does have his strengths for sure. I know USC people out here liked him. I just dont know how well he could do with the limitations we have at Miami.

Advertisement
Back