Ed Orgeron

Advertisement
Every elite College coach is a CEO type..every single one. Y’all never even heard of Joe Brady until LSU last year and him paired with the number 1 pick. Whose in the league proving to have the goods. Innovative offensive minds do not always translate to great HCs
Lincoln Riley
Ryan Day

The main elite HCs who don't call plays or have a huge role in the defense are just Dabo and Kirby. Saban doesn't call plays but he's a huge part in all the game planning. I personally don't think Manny Diaz is a good enough evaluator to be out here constantly hiring new coordinators if his program has success. I always preferred a offensive minded HC who calls his own plays. That way you will never lose your offense if a OC leaves

No need to apologize for relying on statistics, happens to a bunch of folks that don’t understand what they are seeing.
LMAO how don't I know what I'm seeing? The 2017-18 Miami defenses were among the best in football and that's without any kind of offense to help play complimentary football. Considering the lack of talent we had in those yesrs, Manny put together a defense that kept us in 95% of the games.

Every elite College coach is a CEO type..every single one. Y’all never even heard of Joe Brady until LSU last year and him paired with the number 1 pick. Whose in the league proving to have the goods. Innovative offensive minds do not always translate to great HCs
Lol

Advertisement
remains to be seen. Both of those guys had elite QB’s, Cam maybe best college QB ever, plus absolutely loaded rosters that won them championships. Neither built their own rosters and won. Cam was bought for 200K and Burrow was a transfer.

Gene is a bum and that’s why he got fired. Coach O probably won’t be their coach in 3 years. It’s all downhill from here.
300*

In a heartbeat, Joe Brady is the next Lincoln Riley in my opinion. He should of stayed at the college level. We would have a young innovative offensive mind we could grow with for years. I'm not a big fan of Ceo Style HCs in college football. They need very good organizational skills to be successful and must be very good at staff building and very few of them turn out to be high end HCs.

People seriously still think Lincoln Riley is that great? He keeps getting worse and worse as he moves further away from Stoops. He went from a decent showing in the playoffs in year 1, to getting blasted in the playoffs in year 2, to getting blasted even worse in the playoffs in year 3, to probably not even being a top 25 team in year 4.

Advertisement
People seriously still think Lincoln Riley is that great? He keeps getting worse and worse as he moves further away from Stoops. He went from a decent showing in the playoffs in year 1, to getting blasted in the playoffs in year 2, to getting blasted even worse in the playoffs in year 3, to probably not even being a top 25 team in year 4.
He still gets there and has a Top 10 team every year. His offenses are always explosive, they just need to find the right DC

Both have NC rings, which Manny will likely never have.

And I’d rather have Miami hit lightning in a bottle once than suffer through a decade or more of mediocrity.

Spoken from the perspective of a true "fan" who never gave a literal F@#K about the University of Miami.

This is exactly why alums hate fans.

Advertisement
In a heartbeat, Joe Brady is the next Lincoln Riley in my opinion. He should of stayed at the college level. We would have a young innovative offensive mind we could grow with for years. I'm not a big fan of Ceo Style HCs in college football. They need very good organizational skills to be successful and must be very good at staff building and very few of them turn out to be high end HCs.
Why, he's making NFL OC money right now.

He still gets there and has a Top 10 team every year. His offenses are always explosive, they just need to find the right DC

The Big 12 sucks this year and he already has 2 losses. He’s lost to a KSU team that lost to Arkansas State, and an ISU team that lost to Louisiana-Lafayette or Monroe.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do you not realize that Orgeron can only win if the school has an unlimited budget over the table for assistants and under the table for players? Without those things in place Orgeron will fail, at every school, every year. He’s not a good coach or even good recruiter. He has a great OC and the best quarterback in football. Take either one away and he sucks.

Advertisement
Back