Early Spring Rankings

Advertisement
That guy stated in most of picks that they were more from incoming freshman more than the talent on the team. As history tells us most freshmen don’t make that much of an impact. Now transfer do

Advertisement
Advertisement
Realistically speaking, there is no reason for us to be ranked yet...

It’s not like we’re coming off a 10 win season from last year, plus we had a complete coaching staff turnover.

We’ll be ranked if we handle our business on the field, but there’s no reason for anyone outside of Miami fans to expect us to be anything more than what we’ve been until we prove we’re not that anymore.

Advertisement

It’s not like we’re coming off a 10 win season from last year, plus we had a complete coaching staff turnover.

We’ll be ranked if we handle our business on the field, but there’s no reason for anyone outside of Miami fans to expect us to be anything more than what we’ve been until we prove we’re not that anymore.
This! Fucc being ranked right now. It’s more important to build a consistently great program, so you’re always ranked. To quote a long time poster from days gone by,….. “I don’t wanna be ranked, until we prove we can stay there!” 😉

We are definitely on everyone’s Watch List but I agree

Advertisement
Could give two ***** about Spring rankings. We have a ton of turnover needed on the defensive side of the ball to match offensively. That, and we have a completely new coaching staff that will have to install new schemes on both sides of the ball. I’m good to let the others be ranked right now, we have a lot of work to do to climb up to even be considered for being ranked.

We shouldn’t be ranked, but that list is terrible. Texas was absolute dogsh*t last year. Great class and returning some great guys, snagged Ewers too. But their problems run deeper than just a lack of depth.

Also Notre Dame being Notre Dame. Haven’t done a thing since 1988 (even then they needed a phantom fumble to beat us) but the pundits think they’re solid again. They’ll do their usual, but get dogged by OSU, Clemson, and maybe USC. They won’t touch a natty though.

You know what, I am glad we aren't ranked. Let people keep laughing at us and disrespecting us. This will help fuel the fire
Agreed. I'd rather see us climb up the ranks and show people what's up instead of 2018 or last year where we are ranked in the top 12 and immediately prove that we are not there yet.

Let’s go into College Station and take care of business. Rankings will take care of themselves. This team still has massive holes.
Holes? Sure. Massive holes? TBD. Finally being properly coached from a technical standup and corrected immediately and being held accountable matters, a lot. We are obviously not done in the portal, but the worst staff in the P5 coached this team to 7 wins. I know it is a new system on both sides of the ball but it is like going from Algebra II to differential equations from a coaching perspective. Attention to detail and an experienced staff who has seen it all matters. I think in good adjustments are going to greatly improve. Staff chemistry matters as well. I think winning the ACC is achievable if we add a couple of pieces and we stay relatively healthy.

Advertisement
Back