2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

What did you do?

Just made up something random that “i heard” and said it to the person I believed to be the leaker and said “ don’t say anything about this at all it’s not for public knowledge”

Next day 3 people came to me and said did you hear about XYZ that’s gonna happen? That’s how I knew because it was made up bull****

2 of them confirmed to me as to where they heard it from, they repeated but don’t say anything lol. Since then I don’t say anything around that person and nothing has come out

Advertisement
People have said that recruiting for the higher rated players is a pressure cooker.
There are a lot people involved with these kid’s recruitments.
Visiting a school may set of a chain reaction that the kid doesn’t want to deal with.
Maybe some kids have been told not to visit certain schools from either family member coaches or handlers.

Look at Jeremiah Smith taking down tweets that are pro Miami. Not every coach or staff is down with these kids taking visits all over the place.

There is also the possibility that our coaches don’t want the word out in order not to upset other players at the same position.

And of course there is always the notion that moving in silence has its advantages.

It’s better to plan a strategy without every knowing your every move.

Another issue is when a secret visit is leaked before it happens. Seen a few stories on here where another team sends their staff out and prevents that visit from happening.

I remember reading on here how we sent our entire D staff out to Cormani when the Colorado visit leaked but they arrived too late.

People have said that recruiting for the higher rated players is a pressure cooker.
There are a lot people involved with these kid’s recruitments.
Visiting a school may set of a chain reaction that the kid doesn’t want to deal with.
Maybe some kids have been told not to visit certain schools from either family member coaches or handlers.

Look at Jeremiah Smith taking down tweets that are pro Miami. Not every coach or staff is down with these kids taking visits all over the place.

There is also the possibility that our coaches don’t want the word out in order not to upset other players at the same position.

And of course there is always the notion that moving in silence has its advantages.

It’s better to plan a strategy without every knowing your every move.
I just think people make more of this stuff then it actually is. Kid likes school/money. Kid is picking school/money. Hiding visits won't change that. Idk thats just me.

I just think people make more of this stuff then it actually is. Kid likes school/money. Kid is picking school/money. Hiding visits won't change that. Idk thats just me.

How much heat do you think Miami kept off of Mauigoa and Okunlola by keeping their visits under wraps?

Someone has already mentioned it, but some kids don’t respond well to social pressure. There may be a reason why the coaches wanted to keep this visit under wraps.

I don’t like this one god**** bit, and to be frank I’ve had just about enough of On3 and Rivals taking the “me first” approach here to recruiting.

It’s much easier to be the first negotiator than to come in and compete simultaneously against multiple suitors. I’m not saying it won’t happen eventually, but the first one to the table at least gets a chance to resubmit a proposal.

How much heat do you think Miami kept off of Mauigoa and Okunlola by keeping their visits under wraps?

Someone has already mentioned it, but some kids don’t respond well to social pressure. There may be a reason why the coaches wanted to keep this visit under wraps.

I don’t like this one god**** bit, and to be frank I’ve had just about enough of On3 and Rivals taking the “me first” approach here to recruiting.

It’s much easier to be the first negotiator than to come in and compete simultaneously against multiple suitors. I’m not saying it won’t happen eventually, but the first one to the table at least gets a chance to resubmit a proposal.
Not much. They're 5* recruits.

Advertisement

I admit I don’t pay much attention to the ins and outs of other places. I’m committed to this loony asylum.

However once On3 jumped on board it was clear they were gonna have to do some things to get attention. Not surprising they’re leaking **** all the time since they need to clout to build their rep.

I admit I don’t pay much attention to the ins and outs of other places. I’m committed to this loony asylum.

However once On3 jumped on board it was clear they were gonna have to do some things to get attention. Not surprising they’re leaking **** all the time since they need to clout to build their rep.

This is true, but it’s not happening to every program.

It’s certainly not happening to LSU, UGA, and Bama.

Advertisement
Hank South on the Bama 247 board doesn't tolerate troll stuff either. Or posters attacking one another

Anthony Carrigan Barry GIF by HBO

Just made up something random that “i heard” and said it to the person I believed to be the leaker and said “ don’t say anything about this at all it’s not for public knowledge”

Next day 3 people came to me and said did you hear about XYZ that’s gonna happen? That’s how I knew because it was made up bull****

2 of them confirmed to me as to where they heard it from, they repeated but don’t say anything lol. Since then I don’t say anything around that person and nothing has come out
Must be a good employee if you didn't can him/her at that moment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s about 2 inches shorter but his frame reminds me of Shawn Oakman. Kid from Baylor that looked like he was a create a player on a video game.
I think he’s more athletic than Oakman. Hopefully he can get that big and keep his athleticism. I like our chances with this kid. He doesn’t seem like the typical EDGE/DL stud that’s just gonna end up at Georgia or Bama.

I think he’s more athletic than Oakman. Hopefully he can get that big and keep his athleticism. I like our chances with this kid. He doesn’t seem like the typical EDGE/DL stud that’s just gonna end up at Georgia or Bama.
He actually fits in well at both Bama and UGA. They would use him as their OLB rush end/JACK. I think he is intrigued by Guidry’s scheme where he would be used with his hand in the ground and standing up.

Advertisement
Back