2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Advertisement
He is a special kind of poRster. Seems like a nice guy though but he’d catch a ban or purgatory really fast here for annoying the board.

That’s the thing about 247. They’ll let blatant trolls ruin their threads and do nothing about it.
not all the 247 b0ards allow that. Mansell, who is now the publisher of Dawgs ON3 site, would cut them off their 247 board. He didn't tolerate that

I agree that in this day and age that it's bound to get out somehow. My biggest issue is that it's always the local media here that do this kind of stuff. If word gets out to a national site and they report it, whatever. But it feels like in Miami it's always the local beat guys that leak **** that is supposed to be secret. You think the Tuscaloosa Times are reporting on a secret visitor that Saban put a gag order on? Or in Athens? Columbus? Clemson? Just frustrating that even our own local media just seems to not mind hurting the Canes as long as they get to say they were first.
Tuscaloosa times…you think they read anything up there?

Not sure why everyone is assuming the "leaker" is inside the Hecht. This kid came through the airport, walked into the football facility, had a campus tour, met a ton of people I'm sure. The leaker could just be a jock-sniffer or website writer, etc. who got eyes on him during his trip. Doesn't have to have been someone on staff. It's hard to hide a human being, especially one that big who is walking around a football program for a bit.
Leak prob came from a cis member staking out hect center with binoculars

Advertisement
Is it ever good to let your competition know what you’re doing? Not just in football recruiting, in anything.
Yes it is. It’s good to leak fake **** in order to make them use more resources on a kid we don’t want or know we can’t grab. The more overspent nil by competition is good.

I would troll Florida every chance I got

Tuscaloosa times…you think they read anything up there?
White Goodman Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Maybe the kid doesn't want to deal with media constantly asking him about his visits or what he thinks about X school.

I know if it was my child I'd want to keep a personal decision as personal as possible without weirdos on social media reacting to every rumor.

Surprised Mario can’t find the leak for these visits if he’s trying to keep them more quiet. Just feed staffers bull**** lines randomly and see where it pops up
It’s a complex network of information. You need to consider that the leaks can come from the kids’ camps as well. Kid is taking a visit that is to be hush hush, but who in that camp knows of the visit? They can communicate with others and now it’s not quiet. In general Mario has done an exemplary job here considering that stopping the flow of information is an almost Herculean effort in today’s day and age.

Advertisement
Yes it is. It’s good to leak fake **** in order to make them use more resources on a kid we don’t want or know we can’t grab. The more overspent nil by competition is good.

Leaking fake **** is not the same as letting them know what you're doing.

Advertisement

You just made my point. We lost a kid we wanted because UF knew he was committed to us before hand. They offered him a ridiculous amount of money they never intended to pay to get him to decommit. If Rashada had never committed to us publicly and had announced and signed on NSD, it would have been too late for UF to pull what they did.

These secret visits are so weird. You're visiting a school. Who cares who knows.
People have said that recruiting for the higher rated players is a pressure cooker.
There are a lot people involved with these kid’s recruitments.
Visiting a school may set of a chain reaction that the kid doesn’t want to deal with.
Maybe some kids have been told not to visit certain schools from either family member coaches or handlers.

Look at Jeremiah Smith taking down tweets that are pro Miami. Not every coach or staff is down with these kids taking visits all over the place.

There is also the possibility that our coaches don’t want the word out in order not to upset other players at the same position.

And of course there is always the notion that moving in silence has its advantages.

It’s better to plan a strategy without every knowing your every move.

Advertisement
Back