2024 Dylan Stewart 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yes, what's off is that we are not spending large sums of money that other schools are and the recruits are being constantly reminded that we went 5-7 while chronicling our losses. Mario needs at least 9 win this year and it's very doable. Kids don't want to play for losers and this program has been mired in a losing mentality for almost 20 years with a few years of exception. If we have a good year I think we rebound nicely. If Mario has another disaster year like last year I believe the program is in serious trouble. I want Mario to prove me wrong but we could have done much better than him. Go Canes!

I believe you guys holding out hope that we are going to magically flip a bunch of guys with a decent season are going to end up being disappointed. Our guys didn't sign until December last year and saw first hand that 5-7 season and still signed because the money was there and better than other programs at the time. As some of our insiders have alluded to other programs caught up and surpassed us and we have not adjusted to the rest of the market to pay the extra (sucktax) needed to close on the studs this year.

We have a top 20 class in August Jessica. Put down that Glue Slurpie. It's time to play football.
You're overcompensating for someone or something.

It's ok to admit that between the expectations set forth by the staff (and most insiders on here), as well as the reputation Mario carried as a recruiter...June and July were a failure. I don't think it's even remotely arguable.

Why this happened? Maybe it's 5-7, maybe it's the refusal to spend with the big boys, maybe it's both.

But we're whiffing on plenty of kids right now. Make no mistake.

I feel you. I think we still have time if we can string together a good season. I'll believe a recruit is done when they finally send in that Nli.
Isn't he cool asf with one of their recruits? I don't see him flipping at all from SCARed

Advertisement

It's ok to admit that between the expectations set forth by the staff (and most insiders on here), as well as the reputation Mario carried as a recruiter...June and July were a failure. I don't think it's even remotely arguable.

Why this happened? Maybe it's 5-7, maybe it's the refusal to spend with the big boys, maybe it's both.

I think you setup your list and personal expectations that were not in line with reality.

Again show me were "refusing to pay." Show me objective facts in that regard.

Someone is clearly lying about NIL. Have Cribby on with Dmoney again. One says one thing and the other the other.

Life dont work that way

Crazy how we have a 5 Star committed though. Guess he doesn't know his market value?

That's true and we'll most likely finish between 12-15. You might be happy with that, but that is what Manny was doing and we were paying him a lot less.
Lol that's a bull**** female response if I've ever heard one.

You literally have no idea how it is going to turn out. No one does. Zero games played.

I think you setup your list an personal expectations that were not in line with reality.

Again show me were "refusing to pay." Show me objective facts in that regard.

Someone is clearly lying about NIL. Have Cribby on with Dmoney again. One says one thing and the other the other.

Life dont work that way

Crazy how we have a 5 Star committed though. Guess he doesn't know his market value?
You’re right, the most important recruiting period in the calendar year is about to wrap up and we’re trending in the wrong direction of a class outside the Top 15 with an 80 million dollar recruiting savant.

My mistake. I should have expected this.

Advertisement

Yeah and the truth is there’s probably 20 different reasons all valid

It’s another reason why I’m absolutely not on board with this mentality that if we have a good season, everything is going to magically change. Would it make a difference? Sure. Help? Sure.

But us being 5-7 last year is not the one factor holding us back right now so just winning won’t fix it either.

With the NIL so much has changed we really have no precedents to look back on. All I know is I’ve been waiting to see where things shake out, and while I am not as down as some people, to say it’s not disappointing would be blindly disingenuous

Franklins decision is gonna weigh heavy one way or another

Last edited:
You’re right, the most important recruiting period in the calendar year is about to wrap up and we’re trending in the wrong direction of a class outside the Top 15 with an 80 million dollar recruiting savant.

We just had practice #1 in year 2.

Really guy? I love how YOU define the recruiting period for Mario and company based on YOUR expectations lol.

"Trending" does not mean it's a wrap

To quote Tommy gunn…"I ain't hear no bell". The man's a pit bull, let's see how this class ends up.

Lol that's a bull**** female response if I've ever heard one.

You literally have no idea how it is going to turn out. No one does. Zero games played.

We finished with the #7 class going 5-7 my guy. Recruiting is not tied as much as you're trying to allude too with a record this season. Most of the top guys are committing earlier with the early signing period and also getting their NIL deals in line. That time period is three months May-July. We **** the bed and didn't evaluate the NIL market for increases like we should have. No way to spin it. We're most likely staring at the number I referenced 12-15 with a decent season.

Advertisement
We just had practice #1 in year 2.

Really guy? I love how YOU define the recruiting period for Mario and company based on YOUR expectations lol.
You think I just demand people by a certain date because it’s fun and tickles my pickle?

How many times does it need to be said that summer is becoming the hotbed of recruiting for the calendar year and that flips are happening less and less? You think Mario da gawd defies trends and statistics because he wears a U on his chest?

C’mon man. Wake up.

We finished with the #7 class going 5-7 my guy. Recruiting is not tied as much as you're trying to allude too with a record this season. Most of the top guys are committing earlier with the early signing period and also getting their NIL deals in line. That time period is three months May-July. We **** the bed and didn't evaluate the NIL market for increases like we should have. No way to spin it. We're most likely staring at the number I referenced 12-15 with a decent season.
You have no idea how it will finish.

None.

My Gal

You think I just demand people by a certain date because it’s fun and tickles my pickle?

How many times does it need to be said that summer is becoming the hotbed of recruiting for the calendar year and that flips are happening less and less? You think Mario da gawd defies trends and statistics because he wears a U on his chest?

C’mon man. Wake up.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics

I can wait for games before throwing in the towel on completely unknown future events.

You and kcc two peas in a pod. You have no idea how this ends. That includes transfers in the portal.

Name a position group worse than last year? I'll hang up and listen for on along time on that one. It's ok to let things play out. I promise.

Advertisement
There are lies, damned lies and statistics

I can wait for games before throwing in the towel on completely unknown future events.

You and kcc two peas in a pod. You have no idea how this ends. That includes transfers in the portal.

Name a position group worse than last year? I'll hang up and listen for on along time on that one. It's ok to let things play out. I promise.
Who said anything about not letting things play out? Did I call for anyone’s head?

Why is it so hard for you to admit that we’re not meeting expectations on the recruiting front? It’s really not that big of a deal to admit the truth. Even if it hurts the ego.

Who said anything about not letting things play out? Did I call for anyone’s head?

Why is it so hard for you to admit that we’re not meeting expectations on the recruiting front? It’s really not that big of a deal to admit the truth. Even if it hurts the ego.
I didnt set unrealistic expectations like you and others. I'm fine waiting it out. You've already decided in AUGUST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back