2024 Dylan Stewart 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

Advertisement
It is not lost on me that we had a recent update saying we were making up ground only to have him commit a few days later. While it’s not a lie, it’s definitely not in sync with the reality of the recruitment as we have seen in other recruitments all cycle

I’m not thrilled with the DL and OL recruiting this go around. I’ll let Ol slide because I trust our coaches in that department. They’ve earned that. But imo a couple the takes are a little out there.

Cb is another area that’s looking rough. as of now. Miss on Cole at LB and that’s a good amount of guys at the top of the board you‘ve whiffed on.

So am I worried ? A little bit , I’ve always been more realistic than the YT / twitter and subscription guys that said we were “ getting everyone“. I never believed that and I’ve been vocal with that.

The season will dictate if we can steal some guys late and get to the top 10-15 range. If the season goes off the tracks I don’t see the same result as last year. Hard to sell that after two turds in a row. That said I think we’ll be much improved if we can avoid injuries at key spots.
I’m not thrilled with the DL and OL recruiting this go around. I’ll let Ol slide because I trust our coaches in that department. They’ve earned that. But imo a couple the takes are a little out there.

Cb is another area that’s looking rough. as of now. Miss on Cole at LB and that’s a good amount of guys at the top of the board you‘ve whiffed on.

So am I worried ? A little bit , I’ve always been more realistic than the YT / twitter and subscription guys that said we were “ getting everyone“. I never believed that and I’ve been vocal with that.

The season will dictate if we can steal some guys late and get to the top 10-15 range. If the season goes off the tracks I don’t see the same result as last year. Hard to sell that after two turds in a row. That said I think we’ll be much improved if we can avoid injuries at key spots.
I didn’t realize how many Miami people were out there giving their opinions

I have generally been pretty rough on people that keep proclaiming that they’ve been told “we are getting everyone”

I actually had no idea there were people saying those things because you’ve been very non commital this year, which is enough for me

I’m not blaming people for seeking resources all the time and getting as much info as they can of course, but I think it gets to a spot of paralysis by analysis

Too many people out there are incentivized to tell people things which you aren’t, which is why I kinda just go by the vibes you give

Not to kiss your *** too much but your perspective even when things are going great, is always level headed and it’s why I don’t really bother going anywhere else other than this board

It’s unnecessary noise

Provide objective evidence were not "willing to spend" or we are being "outspent" not named Cribby. I appreciate everything Cribby brings to the table but I'll be damned if I ever have a single source of information and that applies to anyone.

So we can land a 5 star everyone wants but he does not count? : rolls eyes:

I do not care about UF or any of those teams.

Were ranked AHEAD of one of the teams you post and two ranks behind another as reference points?

My god man put down your glue slurpie.

Are you serious? The numbers don't lie. Sure we have Trader for now. There's going to be those exceptions to were those kids probably are willing to take a little less to play close to home. You might be the one that's a little delusional.

It is not lost on me that we had a recent update saying we were making up ground only to have him commit a few days later. While it’s not a lie, it’s definitely not in sync with the reality of the recruitment as we have seen in other recruitments all cycle
Wiltfong is getting CB wrong time and time again. None of these people know what these kids are doing....why? Because they are asking them questions about coaching and the school then going off those answers. They need to ask them about NIL in addition to all that. Thats where the answers lie

Advertisement
i would. i would also say tht what dykes did last year trumps anything mario has ever done in his career and its not even debatable

That's not really the discussion, but it's certainly a debate.

12-2, win your conference championship, win the Rose Bowl, go out with Roses in your mouth in Pasadena and finish ranked #5 in the country vs

13-2, lose your conference championship, win a playoff game and then lose 65-7 in the natty in a game that easily could have been 86-7 and I'm not even joking.

It's definitely debatable. But again, I'm not trying to compare years. They're both great years. My point is Sonny did that once, and it was awesome for them. There are a lot of examples of mid-tier teams having a great run and having a great season. There are very few, if any, examples of mid-tier teams having a sustained run of success and winning division, conference championships and being in the conversation for the playoffs without recruiting at a high level. It just doesn't happen. So if TCU wins the Big 12 this year, or they're in the playoff hunt in November, please respond to this post at that time and tell me I'm a ******* moron. I'll gladly accept that I am. My guess is that won't happen, however.

Are you serious? The numbers don't lie. Sure we have Trader for now. There's going to be those exceptions to were those kids probably are willing to take a little less to play close to home. You might be the one that's a little delusional.
So ours don't count "for now" and others do while we are ranked ahead of them or a **** hair away?

Ok Rebecca

Advertisement
**** USCe gunna have Stewart and Harbor coming off the edge. That’s big time

Mario sneakily getting burnt on the trail this year. Some good gets (Trader, Riley, Lightfoot) but so far the class is looking more like a Manny class then what we thought consistent Mario classes would look like

Harbor is playing wideout for them.

Wiltfong is getting CB wrong time and time again. None of these people know what these kids are doing....why? Because they are asking them questions about coaching and the school then going off those answers. They need to ask them about NIL in addition to all that. Thats where the answers lie
To coin our new favorite phrase around here, the insiders have been getting bodied across the country

Meanwhile Cribby has stayed quiet. Tells you all you need to know

school cant fund an NIL but can fund facilities with their own money. NIL is just purely based on our boosters/donors
Semantics.

Donors are paying for at least some if not a large portion of the new facility so its not wrong to say maybe some of that money should have gone for paying NIL and getting 5* guys.

To coin our new favorite phrase around here, the insiders have been getting bodied across the country

Meanwhile Cribby has stayed quiet. Tells you all you need to know
Yep but guys like @bradtejeda just run their mouths on Twitter saying we are getting everyone.

Advertisement
Semantics.

Donors are paying for at least some if not a large portion of the new facility so its not wrong to say maybe some of that money should have gone for paying NIL and getting 5* guys.
i agree but im saying the school can theoretically fund the entire athletics facility improvement themselves with school money whereas they cant put money from their own pot towards NIL

That's not really the discussion, but it's certainly a debate.

12-2, win your conference championship, win the Rose Bowl, go out with Roses in your mouth in Pasadena and finish ranked #5 in the country vs

13-2, lose your conference championship, win a playoff game and then lose 65-7 in the natty in a game that easily could have been 86-7 and I'm not even joking.

It's definitely debatable. But again, I'm not trying to compare years. They're both great years. My point is Sonny did that once, and it was awesome for them. There are a lot of examples of mid-tier teams having a great run and having a great season. There are very few, if any, examples of mid-tier teams having a sustained run of success and winning division, conference championships and being in the conversation for the playoffs without recruiting at a high level. It just doesn't happen. So if TCU wins the Big 12 this year, or they're in the playoff hunt in November, please respond to this post at that time and tell me I'm a ******* moron. I'll gladly accept that I am. My guess is that won't happen, however.
thats fine. mario also only did the rose bowl thing once too and not in year 1. he hasnt repeated that level of success since then or even before (tho i will never hold FIU against him bc he was their best coach theyve ever had and did a great job there).

I’ve been saying for two years they wouldn’t over pay. We were never a top tier NIL. It’s not my fault some bought that narrative. I’ve been clear we got closer but we’re still nowhere near the top 4-5 spenders. Bags will always be hard to beat and Miami doesn’t play that.

Would you say we are top ten nationally in spending?

Advertisement
So ours don't count "for now" and others do while we are ranked ahead of them or a **** hair away?

Ok Rebecca

You do realize Auburn has five less guys committed than us and are a **** hair away. That's why I included them. You also glossed over all the other items. Keep your head in the sand if you like.

Top 15 classes and 5-7 records…

Let’s just play for fun then because we don’t want to win with those expectations

Last year they could sell the unknown, and the promise of what looked like a solid coaching staff. This year, they're having to explain what happened last year. They have to win this year. They need to bring an exciting system on both sides of the ball. The coordinator hires will make or break the season. There's enough talent to have a good season. If they can do that and win a ball game, recruiting will take off again.

So that's the binary choice - Cristobal or Mullen? No other coaches that might be good game day coaches but not total weirdos?
Any chance you could list the non-weirdos that are currently College Head Coaches?

Shouldn't take you too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back