2024 Dylan Stewart 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
to add to this:

if he starts to win 8+ games over the next few seasons; he's going to turn them into a PROBLEM. The DMV era is gonna love him off the strength of his dad (recruiting wise) and he's showing he can go head to head with Clemson for South Carolina kids.

Mack Brown not going to be at UNC forever either so they'll reach into North Carolina for top keeps as well....just keep an eye on them. Spurrier showed they can be a player if everything comes together
CLEMSON DONT GIVE A F ABOUT S.CAROLINA KIDS TO TOUGH UNLESS THEY ARE ELITE.

This is why i said we should be offering in there cause Clemson is NATIONAL..THEY OFFER MORE KIDS IN GA and fla THAN THEY DO SC.

But i agree atleast there is some1 else ot fight them when there is an instate elite.

Advertisement
Nil isn’t fine. I don’t know why “insiders” keep saying this. It’s obvious Miami isn’t over paying for anyone. Which means they don’t have it or not willing to pay the suck tax.
Not necessarily. Maybe they just misread the market vis-a-vis the suck tax that has to be paid versus others.

And if you're competing against those that can pay recruits while still in high school, you can't just up the offer and flip someone once funds have changed hands

to add to this:

if he starts to win 8+ games over the next few seasons; he's going to turn them into a PROBLEM. The DMV era is gonna love him off the strength of his dad (recruiting wise) and he's showing he can go head to head with Clemson for South Carolina kids.

Mack Brown not going to be at UNC forever either so they'll reach into North Carolina for top keeps as well....just keep an eye on them. Spurrier showed they can be a player if everything comes together
USCe doesn’t hold any weight in NC anymore. Their bread and butter up here used to be the triad (Greensboro area) and west coupled with a triangle kid every other year. Yes daddy Beamer used to pull an occasional kid from there so the name might help, but Clemson owns that now and until Mack leaves he has more pull than any UNC coach in 3 decades. UGA is heavily involved everywhere in the state and everything west of Charlotte is Tenn territory. They’re players again now for top kids too.

Clemson may seem down right now, but little Riley and Klubnik could change that in a heartbeat. Beamer’s road is gonna be very tough. He’ll pull some elite kids, but he won’t stack them like he needs to, to ultimately take back what Spurrier had going.

So that's the binary choice - Cristobal or Mullen? No other coaches that might be good game day coaches but not total weirdos?

Very, very few do both well. The ones that do are the elite of the elite, and that's why they're the elite of the elite.

There's a reason why dudes like Ed O and Mario get hired. Because Jimmy's and Joe's will ALWAYS >>>> X's and O's. You can't win chips without the horses, no matter how good a coach you are. Sonny Dykes is probably a pretty good coach. He got beat by Kirby's stable by 150 points.

If Mario is unable to sign Top 10 classes, then I agree, he probably doesn't do much for us here. But his first one was really good, all things considered. His second one was the best in the history of the school. He's working on his third. If that one, and the 4th one aren't very good, then we're probably not looking at the correct answer. But give me the guy who recruits 1000 times out of 1000, because I think an average coach can win with elite players. But I KNOW that a great coach can't win with average players. I'll take the guy with the recruiting ceiling every time and hope it works out on the field.

Advertisement
I’m not thrilled with the DL and OL recruiting this go around. I’ll let Ol slide because I trust our coaches in that department. They’ve earned that. But imo a couple the takes are a little out there.

Cb is another area that’s looking rough. as of now. Miss on Cole at LB and that’s a good amount of guys at the top of the board you‘ve whiffed on.

So am I worried ? A little bit , I’ve always been more realistic than the YT / twitter and subscription guys that said we were “ getting everyone“. I never believed that and I’ve been vocal with that.

The season will dictate if we can steal some guys late and get to the top 10-15 range. If the season goes off the tracks I don’t see the same result as last year. Hard to sell that after two turds in a row. That said I think we’ll be much improved if we can avoid injuries at key spots.

Thank you Cribby for being honest and real with us. I would much rather have that than being misled like we were a few months back by some others. Expectations are obviously lowered as were are probably looking at a best case mid teen recruiting class.

I'm not sure why you guys keep recycling that same bull**** excuse.

UF: 6-7 Year end *** whipping by the Beavers
Current Recruiting Ranking -3
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 12
3 Stars - 7
Avg - 91.72

A&M: 5-7
Current Recruiting Ranking -10
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 15
3 Stars - 2
Avg - 91.39

OU: 6-7
Current Recruiting Ranking - 15
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 9
3 Stars - 7
Avg - 90.70

Auburn: 5-7
Current Recruiting Ranking - 18
5 Stars - 2
4 Stars - 10
3 Stars - 2
Avg - 91.85

Auburn will pass our *** shortly.

All those teams had equal to almost as bad of seasons as us last year.

Here's us

Miami: 5-7
Current Recruiting Ranking - 17
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 5
3 Stars - 12
Avg - 89.40

We are the only team of the group that has more 3 stars than 4 stars. In addition, the only team that has an average below 90. UF and Billy just didn't turn into recruiting experts in one season coming off a losing season like us. Just be honest and real. Our recruiting is mediocre this year because we are getting flat out out spent or unwilling to pay extra (sucktax).
Fkn thank you. So many here think they are geniuses and in fact they are morons who can’t take their Ibis headgear off for a second to see we invested to not have inconsistencies with recruiting and infrastructure and Mario is struggling thus far. I never bought the top 3 class thing ever but there is no excuse for us to be in the low teens given how many kids they got to campus already for OVs and multiple repeat visits

I’ve been saying for two years they wouldn’t over pay. We were never a top tier NIL. It’s not my fault some bought that narrative. I’ve been clear we got closer but we’re still nowhere near the top 4-5 spenders. Bags will always be hard to beat and Miami doesn’t play that.
You've called it like it is this cycle, and I don't think we'll ever spend like the top 4-5 like you insinuated (A&M, Texas, UGA, USC, Auburn?).

My question is where do you think we fit into the conversation concerning this list?

A&M
Texas
USC
UGA
Auburn
Bama
Ohio St
Oregon
LSU
Tennessee
UF
Clemson
Notre Dame
Penn St
OU
Miami
Michigan
South Carolina
Ole Miss
FSU
Louisville

That's 21 teams, and obviously there's levels to this where the top five probably dwarf whoever is nine for example. But are we at least in that Tier 2 conversation where we can beat out a Tier 1 depending on the recruit? It happened last cycle, just way fewer instances this time around.

Sonny Dykes is probably a pretty good coach. He got beat by Kirby's stable by 150 points.

Yet he still made it to the championship game with 1/50th the resources and 1/20th the talent. Imagine if he had top 8 NIL (a tier below Bama and UGA). It wouldn't be long before he closed that gap. In the mean time he's winning conference championships and major bowl games.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
I'm not sure why you guys keep recycling that same bull**** excuse.

UF: 6-7 Year end *** whipping by the Beavers
Current Recruiting Ranking -3
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 12
3 Stars - 7
Avg - 91.72

A&M: 5-7
Current Recruiting Ranking -10
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 15
3 Stars - 2
Avg - 91.39

OU: 6-7
Current Recruiting Ranking - 15
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 9
3 Stars - 7
Avg - 90.70

Auburn: 5-7
Current Recruiting Ranking - 18
5 Stars - 2
4 Stars - 10
3 Stars - 2
Avg - 91.85

Auburn will pass our *** shortly.

All those teams had equal to almost as bad of seasons as us last year.

Here's us

Miami: 5-7
Current Recruiting Ranking - 17
5 Stars - 1
4 Stars - 5
3 Stars - 12
Avg - 89.40

We are the only team of the group that has more 3 stars than 4 stars. In addition, the only team that has a average below 90. UF and Billy just didn't turn into recruiting experts in one season coming off a losing season like us. Just be honest and real. Our recruiting is mediocre this year because we are getting flat out out spent or unwilling to pay extra (sucktax).
Provide objective evidence were not "willing to spend" or we are being "outspent" not named Cribby. I appreciate everything Cribby brings to the table but I'll be damned if I ever have a single source of information and that applies to anyone.

So we can land a 5 star everyone wants but he does not count? : rolls eyes:

I do not care about UF or any of those teams.

Were ranked AHEAD of one of the teams you post and two ranks behind another as reference points?

My god man put down your glue slurpie.

You've called it like it is this cycle, and I don't think we'll ever spend like the top 4-5 like you insinuated (A&M, Texas, UGA, USC, Auburn?).

My question is where do you think we fit into the conversation concerning this list?

A&M
Texas
USC
UGA
Auburn
Bama
Ohio St
Oregon
LSU
Tennessee
UF
Clemson
Notre Dame
Penn St
OU
Miami
Michigan
South Carolina
Ole Miss
FSU
Louisville

That's 21 teams, and obviously there's levels to this where the top five probably dwarf whoever is nine for example. But are we at least in that Tier 2 conversation where we can beat out a Tier 1 depending on the recruit? It happened last cycle, just way fewer instances this time around.
Middle of the pack.

Thank you Cribby for being honest and real with us. I would much rather have that than being misled like we were a few months back by some others. Expectations are obviously lowered as were are probably looking at a best case mid teen recruiting class.

Pump the brakes a little there. This one kid and the DL recruiting overall isn't what we need it to be. But we're not done with the class, by a long shot. ONLY adding Patterson, Ahfua, and flipping McCoy....3 pretty likely situations, and again not adding a single other kid, that gives us 259 points. That number gets you NO WORSE than the 13th ranked class in any of the previous 4 cycles. So saying best case is mid-teens is very premature, IMO.

Yet he still made it to the championship game with 1/50th the resources and 1/20th the talent. Imagine if he had top 8 NIL (a tier below Bama and UGA). It wouldn't be long before he closed that gap. In the mean time he's winning conference championships and major bowl games.

He did it once. So did Mario Cristobal at Oregon.

I'm trying to build a sustainable winning program here. A program that competes for conference championships every season, who is in playoff consideration, who might actually be able to scare a natty here and there. That's what Top 10 (and really Top 5-6ish) classes do for you. If Sonny Dykes continues to make the playoffs, or even threaten to make them, a couple more times over the next few years, he'd be the first coach I can think of this century to perform at that level without being an elite recruiter. They had the 20th ranked class last year. They went to the natty, and they've parlayed that into the 50th ranked class right now. You're not winning or competing for the Big 12 every year recruiting like that. But not to take anything away from him/them, last year was awesome and if you're a TCU alum, you probably had a **** of a ride, except for that pesky UGA game. I'm talking about sustaining a program year over year. The only way that has EVER been done is stacking recruiting classes on top of each other.

Advertisement
CLEMSON DONT GIVE A F ABOUT S.CAROLINA KIDS TO TOUGH UNLESS THEY ARE ELITE.

This is why i said we should be offering in there cause Clemson is NATIONAL..THEY OFFER MORE KIDS IN GA and fla THAN THEY DO SC.

But i agree atleast there is some1 else ot fight them when there is an instate elite.
SC loaded up in state last year with some really good players. Freeling was the only one really that left

I’ve been saying for two years they wouldn’t over pay. We were never a top tier NIL. It’s not my fault some bought that narrative. I’ve been clear we got closer but we’re still nowhere near the top 4-5 spenders. Bags will always be hard to beat and Miami doesn’t play that.
O wow. So we working on a facade.....ok why are they spending all that money on that spaceship facility instead of the roster? And also that means Miami Flo full a $h!t talking bout we have one of the best NIL out there. I didnt expect them to go crazy like 8&4 but i expected them to prioritize the DL. Which doesnt seem the case.

Ok let me go back to playing fifa

Advertisement
O wow. So we working on a facade.....ok why are they spending all that money on that spaceship facility instead of the roster? And also that means Miami Flo full a $h!t talking bout we have one of the best NIL out there. I didnt expect them to go crazy like 8&4 but i expected them to prioritize the DL. Which doesnt seem the case.

Ok let me go back to playing fifa
school cant fund an NIL but can fund facilities with their own money. NIL is just purely based on our boosters/donors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back