Dwayne Haskins Killed in South Florida

Got one. Soon to be two.
Stop it....The Sunrall is an absolute Joke....doesn't run at night or weekends....and uses CSXs tracks....which causes unimaginable stupidity, with crossings being closed for up to 20mins...
And don't get me started on the so-called laughable Speed Rail.....another joke....They originally had it correct in 2010, with the Original plan of the 160mph Speed rail going from OIA to Ybor City, then from Ybor to Miami, with the majority of the Orlando to Tampa route running above I-4.....One of my best friends was an Engineer at HNTB for the entire project, until Azzwipe Rick Scott shut the entire venture down after 16months. 3,000 people lost their jobs because of his Buffonery....I had another friend who was a Project Manager at MEHTA Engineering, who headed the Survey/FDOT work on the project...so I'm well versed on the entire situation.

Advertisement
There isn’t a lot of traffic in that area at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning. My first thought was drugs or suicide. A world class athlete can’t avoid a dump truck on a road that isn’t that busy at 6:30 am on a weekend?
Exactly, @5XNC .....hope all is well....

Sorry, alcohol isn’t my 1st thought at 6:30 am. That’s usually drugs. Most bars are closed by 4 am in ft laud.

Has there been an account of where he was leading up to the accident? Bars he visited that night? What time he left etc?

Sorry, alcohol isn’t my 1st thought at 6:30 am. That’s usually drugs. Most bars are closed by 4 am in ft laud.

Has there been an account of where he was leading up to the accident? Bars he visited that night? What time he left etc?

Ya know, he didn't necessarily have to be at a bar/club to be drinking...

Advertisement
I know there are a lot of theories here, I don’t even want to get into the some of them.

It’s all just your speculation what his frame of mind was at the time.

As far as I’m concerned the most likely scenario, is that he just misjudged his speed versus the speed of the vehicles that were oncoming.

There is a catastrophically big difference between a defensive back coming at you at 20 miles an hour, and a dump truck or automobile coming at you at 70 miles an hour.

It could be as simple as that - just a bad visual judgment that may have been also been affected by fatigue or lack of optimal alertness.

In any event it’s a horrible tragedy for that family.

OCC, a terrible tragedy. But let’s be honest, your scenario is probably least likely. At 6:30 am? With an unidentified female in the car? On a Saturday morning? It’s not like it was a busy time of the day.

So you’re saying it’s more likely he went to bed the night before and got up early to go somewhere? That’s more likely than he was still up and out the night before??? Cmon man

OCC, a terrible tragedy. But let’s be honest, your scenario is probably least likely. At 6:30 am? With an unidentified female in the car? On a Saturday morning? It’s not like it was a busy time of the day.

So you’re saying it’s more likely he went to bed the night before and got up early to go somewhere? That’s more likely than he was still up and out the night before??? Cmon man

No that’s not what I’m saying. What I had in mind it is that he had been out the night before had not gotten much sleep, may be a little hungover or whatever, and made a misjudgment when crossing the lanes by foot (running or walking). I thought I made that pretty clear.

Not having slept and being fatigued is close to the same thing as being drunk anyway, in terms of your reflexes.

I don’t see what the fascination is honestly, unless we know better or have some film - why think the worst?

I know there are a lot of theories here, I don’t even want to get into the some of them.

It’s all just your speculation what his frame of mind was at the time.

As far as I’m concerned the most likely scenario, is that he just misjudged his speed versus the speed of the vehicles that were oncoming.

There is a catastrophically big difference between a defensive back coming at you at 20 miles an hour, and a dump truck or automobile coming at you at 70 miles an hour.

It could be as simple as that - just a bad visual judgment that may have been also been affected by fatigue or lack of optimal alertness.

In any event it’s a horrible tragedy for that family.
When that GT WR died a few years ago by getting hit by a train. A lot of people mentioned those tracks he got hit on had 2 trains. One fast passenger train and a slow freight train. People mentioned that there were a lot of deaths there for that reason. Its hard to tell how fast something coming at you is moving, so they think its the slow passenger train, time their run for that train, then get slammed by the other train.

Advertisement
When that GT WR died a few years ago by getting hit by a train. A lot of people mentioned those tracks he got hit on had 2 trains. One fast passenger train and a slow freight train. People mentioned that there were a lot of deaths there for that reason. Its hard to tell how fast something coming at you is moving, so they think its the slow passenger train, time their run for that train, then get slammed by the other train.

There’s a kind of a proverb I’ve heard from medical students that they get from their professors and that is, that usually medical students when they hear hooves, they think zebra, or unicorn, when it’s most likely a horse.

The point being that the most obvious explanation is usually the correct one. Of course, this is in reference to making diagnoses, usually medical students want to find an esoteric reason for a disease and usually it’s something more common.

This is kind of the same thing, to me the most obvious thing was that he just misjudged speed and distance, at least it is to me, maybe it isn’t to other people.

Whether he was inebriated or just hung over or none of those things who knows? I just don’t want to think the worst about a guy that‘s met a horrible and tragic end. This stuff about him doing it as a suicide sounds crazy to me. Of course anything is possible, but stepping out in front of a moving truck, is usually one of the most uncommon ways to commit suicide. I’m just not seeing it personally. Anyway, to me it’s almost slanderous with no facts to back it up.

There’s a kind of a proverb I’ve heard from medical students that they get from their professors and that is, that usually medical students when they hear hooves, they think zebra, or unicorn, when it’s most likely a horse.

The point being that the most obvious explanation is usually the correct one. Of course, this is in reference to making diagnoses, usually medical students want to find an esoteric reason for a disease and usually it’s something more common.

This is kind of the same thing, to me the most obvious thing was that he just misjudged speed and distance, at least it is to me, maybe it isn’t to other people.

Whether he was inebriated or just hung over or none of those things who knows? I just don’t want to think the worst about a guy that‘s met a horrible and tragic end. This stuff about him doing it as a suicide sounds crazy to me. Of course anything is possible, but stepping out in front of a moving truck, is usually one of the most uncommon ways to commit suicide. I’m just not seeing it personally. Anyway, to me it’s almost slanderous with no facts to back it up.
I 100% agree with everything you said here. That proverb is very interesting too, I never heard it before, but I like it a lot.

Stop it....The Sunrall is an absolute Joke....doesn't run at night or weekends....and uses CSXs tracks....which causes unimaginable stupidity, with crossings being closed for up to 20mins...
And don't get me started on the so-called laughable Speed Rail.....another joke....They originally had it correct in 2010, with the Original plan of the 160mph Speed rail going from OIA to Ybor City, then from Ybor to Miami, with the majority of the Orlando to Tampa route running above I-4.....One of my best friends was an Engineer at HNTB for the entire project, until Azzwipe Rick Scott shut the entire venture down after 16months. 3,000 people lost their jobs because of his Buffonery....I had another friend who was a Project Manager at MEHTA Engineering, who headed the Survey/FDOT work on the project...so I'm well versed on the entire situation.

Come on, man, you know **** well I'm not BRAGGING about the rails, I'm just pointing out that they exist. Just like we have MetroRail in Miami, and it doesn't do a **** thing.

Supposedly, the nights/weekends will get better once the Brightline gets connected, but I'll believe it when I see it.

For rail to be effective, you can't just do it "a little bit". You need to do it big, lots of lines, lots of connections, morning/noon/night and weekends, and as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Come on, man, you know **** well I'm not BRAGGING about the rails, I'm just pointing out that they exist. Just like we have MetroRail in Miami, and it doesn't do a **** thing.

Supposedly, the nights/weekends will get better once the Brightline gets connected, but I'll believe it when I see it.

For rail to be effecive, you can't just do it "a little bit". You need to do it big, lots of lines, lots of connections, morning/noon/night and weekends, and as fast as possible.
If Orlando would have listened to Disney, about expanding the Monorail system, it would've helped immensely....

Advertisement
Drunk and on Ketamine. Good thing he didn't kill someone else driving.
I don't know the answer to this, but how long does K stay in your system for? Is this like weed where someone will smoke on tuesday and if they get tested on Thursday they can get charged with a DUI?

Advertisement
Interesting him having a chick with him just now came out.

Also, I knew drugs had to be involved. If you from south Florida, you know that’s one of the only explanation for making that decision.

Still so very sad.

Advertisement
Back