Dwayne Haskins Killed in South Florida

Advertisement
Mercedes & Volvos.

This whole situation is just sad all around. Another reminder that life is short, & death is indiscriminate. I’ve been in that situation as Haskins, maybe 2 yrs or so ago. Car battery died on me in the fast lane crossing a bridge. I had to force the wheel to get to as close to wall as possible to avoid being in the middle of the frwy. But the first thing I was taught was to stay in the car. Crossing the hwy is way different than crossing the street.

RIP to him. Smh
Thats a fact. I used to cross the highway all the time when I was a kid and if your not used to it. Its hard af to pull off. The cars don't look like they are moving that fast, but they come up on you way faster than a regular road.

Yup. Phones also coupled with overly aggressive drivers comingling on the roads with people going 15 miles under the speed limit because they're ON the phone, elderly or just scared.

I'll NEVER understand how people down here act as drivers just when it rains (which ain't exactly an uncommon event). You'll have dipsh!ts passing you at 120mph on 95 while the person next to you is going 35mph with their hazards on.
I don’t even know why. Most vehicles have the Bluetooth capability to tell you what a text says and then you can respond using your voice but somehow people are still not using it. Freakin ridiculous.

I don’t even know why. Most vehicles have the Bluetooth capability to tell you what a text says and then you can respond using your voice but somehow people are still not using it. Freakin ridiculous.
I uber everywhere but do people really have that much trouble texting and driving? I can text 1 handed without looking at my phone. I do it all the time when I am in meetings and the like.People don't even realize I am texting.

Advertisement
Never seen someone reverse on an interstate because they missed their turn until living in Miami lol

Seen it on the DC Beltway a couple of times. On one occasion he caused a bunch of cars to jump lanes and an 18 wheeler to almost jacknife...people who do this should be pulled out of their vehicle and beaten within seconds of being put in a coma.

Advertisement
@407cane ..don't get me wrong, I had some incredible yrs in Orlando....from 91-93...and then from 01-2021....but it was obvious it started going downhill gradually around 2010....I finally said enough is enough...
Yeah I don’t miss it, okay to visit to see family but I’m glad I left. Everything is f’n chaos and I-4 is a death trap

In 15 years of driving I had never been in a single accident until I moved into a high rise in downtown Orlando right off of I-4. Started taking it daily for work and got rear ended twice in the first month, stopped taking it after that

First, and most importantly, this is a tragedy of epic proportions for that family. As someone who’s had family member die in a traffic accident, as I’m sure some of you have as well, it’s just a heartbreaking event. Especially when it’s a young person, but honestly really for anybody no matter what their age.

I hope the family can heal, and may this young man Rest In Peace.

In number of automobile fatalities, Florida ranks third behind Texas and California, which is to be expected because of population size.

But looking at other more meaningful measures, Florida is nowhere near the top 10 in terms of fatalities per hundred thousand, or per miles driven. Same thing with accidents.

Sometimes facts and statistics can belie our preconceived notions.
I’ve never gone anywhere in this country where people didn’t think their drivers were the worst.

Advertisement
As someone who has worked in trauma canters I can tell you that getting in your car no matter where you live is easily the most dangerous thing you do every day and it’s not even close.
Unless you work somewhere where sht can go wrong and take your life, driving and just being around vehicles is a potential life altering or life ending situation.
This. Yet, so many people text and drive like it’s nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back