DVD to FIU as CB coach

Advertisement
If he's a great CB coach, he'll be back as an on field coach..if he's bad at it, he'll be back as an off field coach.

Either way, he'll be back at Miami in less than 5 years.

I'm assuming he's probably taking a pay cut to get on the field?

I'm assuming he's probably taking a pay cut to get on the field?
Almost assuredly. Miami doesn't make their coaching salaries public but FIU is one of the lowest paying jobs in FBS. G5 position coaches don't make a ton even at better paying schools. He's likely taking a pretty decent pay cut to get on the field somewhere.

Good for DVD but this also shows how it would have been the wrong move to give him the room here. He's a green coach, we've had enough of those through the years. If he landed Shemar and Money maybe things might have turned out different but he needs to cut his teeth at the G5 level first.

Advertisement
Let him get some needed on-field training at a lower level then bring him back in a couple years as our on-field CB coach. Best scenario for everyone.

You would have to living under a rock or in a cave if you didn't think something like this might happen.

Pretty obvious to all that once the CM matter didn't go our way and he didn't get promoted, he would be looking around or otherwise considering other opportunities (and he should be doing that; he would be foolish not to).

As i posted before he's a good guy and I wish him well.
To borrow the standard military phrase, I thank him for his service.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No problem with this, anyone that’s still from the previous regime can leave.

Dang.

I can’t keep up with FIU and DB Coaches.

I thought Brandon Harris was still there.
B Harris been at FAU since last year.

Corey Bell was FIU’s CB’s Coach, but then about a week ago he got hired at FAU as an analyst, which opened up the FIU job for DVD, which DVD had actually interviewed for last year but decided to stay here because he believed he would get elevated back On-Field but it didn’t happen.

Advertisement
B Harris been at FAU since last year.

Corey Bell was FIU’s CB’s Coach, but then about a week ago he got hired at FAU as an analyst, which opened up the FIU job for DVD, which DVD had actually interviewed for last year but decided to stay here because he believed he would get elevated back On-Field but it didn’t happen.
So, Bell left to go off field and DVD left Miami off field to go on field at FIU. Whew.

Advertisement
Back