DVD to FIU as CB Coach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow was hoping to keep DVD the young man is a great recruiter and great man person who recruits always talk about
Wish DVD the best and was hoping he'd stay on as part of the recruiting staff but we all knew this was coming.......his almost departure with Banda to take the CB job at Utah State last year was an indication that he's ready for the next step of his career, coaching on-field..........

However, I get it from both sides, Mario's and DVDs...his first on-field coaching job should've been out west with Banda. Learn the job and excel at the job and then after a few years you bring him on after he's proven to be a developer of CB talent.

Advertisement
he will do well for FIU picking up good 2nd tier players for them and will be back to the U when other coaches we have now move on to bigger jobs.I wonder if Mario had something to do with him being put there to learn.

It's where Manny should have gone to learn to coach before jumping into the P5 fire...

The post bowl game interviews have started. Mario said after the season ended he would interview guys on staff.

I would suspect that more news will be coming soon, particularly about our 2021 staff.

Advertisement
Sad thing is if DVD went to Utah state last year he'd probably be 1 year away from being ready to coach CBs at a P5 program. Instead he has to take a step down which will hurt his career in the short term.

Hopefully he learned enough from TRob here this year to make up for the year he could have been at Utah State. My guess is he didn't actually get to do a ton of coaching here this past year because of TRob but maybe he learned enough to be a little ahead of the curve at FIU. He's entering a whole new world of resources and talent that he's never been around at FIU.

Wonder if he’s only going there for a year and then coming back as a analyst
Agree. Also not out of the question is we make the strides we think we should, TRob go leave to be a DC somewhere in a couple years and we bring DVD back then as on-field coach.

Sad thing is if DVD went to Utah state last year he'd probably be 1 year away from being ready to coach CBs at a P5 program. Instead he has to take a step down which will hurt his career in the short term.

Hopefully he learned enough from TRob here this year to make up for the year he could have been at Utah State. My guess is he didn't actually get to do a ton of coaching here this past year because of TRob but maybe he learned enough to be a little ahead of the curve at FIU. He's entering a whole new world of resources and talent that he's never been around at FIU.

What do you think he could have learned at Utah State? Banda was the DC. What could DVD learn about coaching CBs from Banda that he couldn't learn from TRob, Shoop, Rumph or any other defensive coach that was here? 2 years at Utah State does not automatically qualify one for a P5 CB job. CB coaches are usually more than just recruiters, where DVD seems to have the most value at this point. Staying at UM, now going to FIU, allowed him to stay home and continue to career just as much as following Banda.

Advertisement

Always wondered why he didn't go with Banda. Wonder if family played a role in staying put

What do you think he could have learned at Utah State? Banda was the DC. What could DVD learn about coaching CBs from Banda that he couldn't learn from TRob, Shoop, Rumph or any other defensive coach that was here? 2 years at Utah State does not automatically qualify one for a P5 CB job. CB coaches are usually more than just recruiters, where DVD seems to have the most value at this point. Staying at UM, now going to FIU, allowed him to stay home and continue to career just as much as following Banda.
He would have had more real responsibility in my opinion. Having TRob over all DBs probably meant a lot of hand holding and even coaching himself.

At Utah state Banda was the DC and safeties coach so DVD would have CBs all on his own.

Always wondered why he didn't go with Banda. Wonder if family played a role in staying put
He got offered the same role at Miami. Of course he would take the hometown team with more pay and a much more premier program. Manny never should have offered it to him but he was probably worried about losing his recruits and Banda's at the same time.

He got offered the same role at Miami. Of course he would take the hometown team with more pay and a much more premier program. Manny never should have offered it to him but he was probably worried about losing his recruits and Banda's at the same time.
Ohhhh that's right lol

Advertisement
Back