DVD to FIU as CB Coach

Advertisement
first thing we have to get some LBer's to coach.. ;)
1640888050040.gif

Advertisement
How accurate were those rumblings about kids not liking DVD? Seems to be mixed reviews.

If this means we get Chance then it’s a massive upgrade.
They did like him, they didn’t respect him because he’s naturally a goofy guy & isn’t really an authority figure.

He’s also still very young & was green AF as a coach. His only experience before getting hired at Miami was one season at ASA Miami Juco as CB’s/ST’s coach, that was literally it. I had more coaching experience than DVD & I haven’t been in it in 6 years lol.

FIU is the perfect place for him to learn the more technical aspect of coaching & earn his stripes.

Basically, the career path that Brandon Harris has taken, is what DVD should’ve done from the start.

He would have had more real responsibility in my opinion. Having TRob over all DBs probably meant a lot of hand holding and even coaching himself.

At Utah state Banda was the DC and safeties coach so DVD would have CBs all on his own.

More responsibility yes - but doesn't mean he would learn more or that it would have been better long-term for his career.

DVD is green. Working for a green DC in Banda with a defensive staff that includes a Dline coach who was only ever a GA and strength coach and a linebacker coach who was a QC guy at Miami......yeah he gets more responsibility but can he truly learn? Maybe by trial and error experience but probably not much from the experience of others on that D-Staff.

At FIU, he gets to work for a head coach in MacIntyre who is a former NFL DB coach and college DC. And that after a year of being on staff at UM with a respected DB coach, former DB coach/player, and former DB/DC now analyst in Shoop. In the end, he's still a CB coach. I think DVD is in a better spot by not going to Utah State.

They did like him, they didn’t respect him because he’s naturally a goofy guy & isn’t really an authority figure.

He’s also still very young & was green AF as a coach. His only experience before getting hired at Miami was one season at ASA Miami Juco as CB’s/ST’s coach, that was literally it. I had more coaching experience than DVD & I haven’t been in it in 6 years lol.

FIU is the perfect place for him to learn the more technical aspect of coaching & earn his stripes.

Basically, the career path that Brandon Harris has taken, is what DVD should’ve done from the start.
Well said 💯

💯

Advertisement

El, did you coach at the west too or just play there ?

Advertisement
More responsibility yes - but doesn't mean he would learn more or that it would have been better long-term for his career.

DVD is green. Working for a green DC in Banda with a defensive staff that includes a Dline coach who was only ever a GA and strength coach and a linebacker coach who was a QC guy at Miami......yeah he gets more responsibility but can he truly learn? Maybe by trial and error experience but probably not much from the experience of others on that D-Staff.

At FIU, he gets to work for a head coach in MacIntyre who is a former NFL DB coach and college DC. And that after a year of being on staff at UM with a respected DB coach, former DB coach/player, and former DB/DC now analyst in Shoop. In the end, he's still a CB coach. I think DVD is in a better spot by not going to Utah State.

Plus he doesnt have to live in UTAH.

DVD has young kids excelling locally, young wife, and is close with his family here. This kind of set up well for him...maybe he will move down the road but he isnt in a rush to.

Crazy that I pretty much sat next to Brandon Harris every other day, last spring up untl summer as he coached at FIU and didnt really realize thats what he was doing (still coaching). Hes going to be an upcomer as well. Maybe Sean Spence might jump into coaching eventually as well.

Advertisement
Plus he doesnt have to live in UTAH.

DVD has young kids excelling locally, young wife, and is close with his family here. This kind of set up well for him...maybe he will move down the road but he isnt in a rush to.

Crazy that I pretty much sat next to Brandon Harris every other day, last spring up untl summer as he coached at FIU and didnt really realize thats what he was doing (still coaching). Hes going to be an upcomer as well. Maybe Sean Spence might jump into coaching eventually as well.
Where is Brandon Harris at now?

Wow was hoping to keep DVD the young man is a great recruiter and great man person who recruits always talk about
Y’all are making up the great recruiter part. He couldn’t close dudes in the secondary til T-Rob showed up. He’s a decent recruiter but y’all trying to label him as must have is funny. Ed Pata is way more important to keep than him.

Advertisement
Back