Durham to no longer host the ACC tourney

Right, and it is absurd to think that every ACC school would sell 300 full-week tickets. Not sure where the confusion is.

Which was one part of about seven requirements. I win again.

So what? You still think football = baseball, which is why you are getting killed on this topic.

Clueless. The MLB stadium isn't going to foot the bill so that the ACC can make ad revenue on the ACC Network. You still haven't explained why this stadium is going to be the least bit interested in going out of its way to run this tournament so that they can watch 250 people show up for an 11:00 AM weekday game.

I find fault with every suggestion because you make stupid suggestions. Free tickets to watch Virgina Tech and NC State at PNC Park on Thursday morning. Just brilliant.

Your genius argument (in bold) is the one that made me laugh the hardest.

My point was about UM sports fans (and other ACC sports fans) being willing and able to drink alcohol at 9 am (since you were ****ing and moaning about trying to sell beer at 11 am).

So what are you arguing, exactly? That UM "football fans" will drink at 9 am, but UM "baseball fans" are too prissy to buy a beer at 11 am?

I, literally, can't make up your stupid arguments. You are so precious, just a cranky old fart who is going to keep making losing arguments until you crap your Depends.

Advertisement
Your genius argument (in bold) is the one that made me laugh the hardest.

My point was about UM sports fans (and other ACC sports fans) being willing and able to drink alcohol at 9 am (since you were ****ing and moaning about trying to sell beer at 11 am).

So what are you arguing, exactly? That UM "football fans" will drink at 9 am, but UM "baseball fans" are too prissy to buy a beer at 11 am?

I, literally, can't make up your stupid arguments. You are so precious, just a cranky old fart who is going to keep making losing arguments until you crap your Depends.

What the........? Who said that they won't drink beer early? The point, which you can't grasp, is that 250 people aren't going to buy enough beer at that Wake-UNC game in Pittsburgh at 11:00 AM to make it worth having the tournament there.

This isn't that difficult if you slow down and read everything.

Pure comedy. He went from "give away tickets because gate revenue is microscopic" to "sell week long packages and club seats and make $700K". So in one post, you have to give away tickets because it's about building the ACC brand. In the next post, we all of a sudden have people who want to travel during the week to watch a meaningless tournament, and they're going to buy field-level and club-level seats to watch it.

Did you really just mention upper deck? In a 40,000 seat stadium? You think thousands and thousands of people are going to show up for this thing, don't you.

FYI, lights in a major league stadium are an enormous expense. Feel free to ask any questions when you're not sure.
Also, FYI, a hundred people making $10 an hour for a week-long tournament is around $80,000. Just for workers, period. Just sell beer, right?

No.

I acknowledged that in an MLB stadium, you MIGHT be able to sell seats for more than the $10 a game that you get in Durham's non-MLB stadium.

I'm cracking up that you think that people wouldn't accept free tickets in the upper deck.

At least I am thinking about ways to improve the ACC baseball tournament. You are just yelling at people to get off your lawn.

What the........? Who said that they won't drink beer early? The point, which you can't grasp, is that 250 people aren't going to buy enough beer at that Wake-UNC game in Pittsburgh at 11:00 AM to make it worth having the tournament there.

This isn't that difficult if you slow down and read everything.

You are a liar.

Allow me to quote you:

"and let's just hope that people show up at 11:00 AM on Wednesday and buy beer."

Advertisement
No.

I acknowledged that in an MLB stadium, you MIGHT be able to sell seats for more than the $10 a game that you get in Durham's non-MLB stadium.

I'm cracking up that you think that people wouldn't accept free tickets in the upper deck.

At least I am thinking about ways to improve the ACC baseball tournament. You are just yelling at people to get off your lawn.

Having a few thousand people in an intimate stadium in the Carolinas >>>> having a thousand people in a cavernous stadium, spread out so far that they're even in the upper deck. Picture what you're trying to sell here. It's senseless.

Me: "People won't show up at 11:00 am"

Him: "WE BOUGHT BEER BEFORE THE SPRING GAME".

I have to be getting Punk'd right now.

Advertisement
How is that confusing? Again (really?), people aren't going to show up for ACCT games that early.

AND BUY BEER.

You pretend like you didn't say that. You act surprised that I discussed the alcohol issue.

BUT YOU SAID IT. Stop complaining. If you wanted to highlight some words that you said, and not others, you should have done so from the outset. Nobody forced you to type "and buy beer".

You even created a special response (to nobody) that selectively edited out the "and buy beer" part (actually, you replied THREE TIMES, because your brain function is so weak, you can't keep your thoughts straight).

Let's sum this up. Everyone who posts on the Baseball board thinks you are a joke. You've been run off the Football board. Nobody likes you. But you are running around here acting as if you've won an argument.

There is no way in **** I would ever put you on "ignore", you are just one hilarious clown that everyone can mock over and over and over again.

You are our dimwitted punching bag. And we thank you.

Having a few thousand people in an intimate stadium in the Carolinas >>>> having a thousand people in a cavernous stadium, spread out so far that they're even in the upper deck. Picture what you're trying to sell here. It's senseless.

An "intimate stadium in the Carolinas"? Ha! You can round up all of the singles who live in The Villages and enjoy your romantic getaway to **** Durham, NC for all I care.

I do realize that you barely ever attend any sporting events, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Some MLS teams play in cavernous stadiums that they can't fill. Some bowl games sell less than half of their tickets. You keep mocking the spring game, but we put nearly 10,000 people in a 55,000 seat stadium. And, as I've pointed out before, we were going to do the ACC baseball tournament at Fenway one year.

It's not complicated. Based on number of tickets sold, you only open up certain sections. ****, the Marlins used to close off certain parts of Joe Robbie. You act as if this is sooooo hard to figure out. It's not.

But you **** and moan and whine about anyone SIMPLY HAVING A CONVERSATION about how to rotate the tournament to new cities, and how to grow the fanbase for ACC baseball.

I get it, you want to buy a 15-game ticket pack in Durham and then sit with your significant other as you jack him off under the stadium blanket that you drape over both of you. Enjoy that intimacy.

"Hurricane Club members showed up at 9 am at the event prior to the Spring Game. THE BAR WAS BUSY."

IIRC, part of that crowd was there for a chance to meet the Coach and also get something to eat. The event cost $50 a ticket and started around 9:30.

AND BUY BEER.

You pretend like you didn't say that. You act surprised that I discussed the alcohol issue.

BUT YOU SAID IT. Stop complaining. If you wanted to highlight some words that you said, and not others, you should have done so from the outset. Nobody forced you to type "and buy beer".

You even created a special response (to nobody) that selectively edited out the "and buy beer" part (actually, you replied THREE TIMES, because your brain function is so weak, you can't keep your thoughts straight).

Let's sum this up. Everyone who posts on the Baseball board thinks you are a joke. You've been run off the Football board. Nobody likes you. But you are running around here acting as if you've won an argument.

There is no way in **** I would ever put you on "ignore", you are just one hilarious clown that everyone can mock over and over and over again.

You are our dimwitted punching bag. And we thank you.

In summary, since you’ve discovered that you don’t understand the logistics of college baseball, your entire reply was to argue semantics and use personal insults. I’ll start that victory lap now.

Advertisement
An "intimate stadium in the Carolinas"? Ha! You can round up all of the singles who live in The Villages and enjoy your romantic getaway to **** Durham, NC for all I care.

I do realize that you barely ever attend any sporting events, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Some MLS teams play in cavernous stadiums that they can't fill. Some bowl games sell less than half of their tickets. You keep mocking the spring game, but we put nearly 10,000 people in a 55,000 seat stadium. And, as I've pointed out before, we were going to do the ACC baseball tournament at Fenway one year.

It's not complicated. Based on number of tickets sold, you only open up certain sections. ****, the Marlins used to close off certain parts of Joe Robbie. You act as if this is sooooo hard to figure out. It's not.

But you **** and moan and whine about anyone SIMPLY HAVING A CONVERSATION about how to rotate the tournament to new cities, and how to grow the fanbase for ACC baseball.

I get it, you want to buy a 15-game ticket pack in Durham and then sit with your significant other as you jack him off under the stadium blanket that you drape over both of you. Enjoy that intimacy.

WTF??????? LMAO. I love it when my adversaries become so unhinged that they reveal their true character.

You don’t even realize that you went from giving away free tickets in the upper deck to draping off sections within two posts. I’m sure that’s another perk for the stadium crew. Put up a bunch of tarps for a crowd of 600 just to have to take them all down a week later. Do me a favor and think this stuff through before posting. Maybe first ask a friend if it sounds retarded.

For those who don't seem to know, the tourney hasn't always been in Durham.

It was in Jacksonville--the very Jacksonville that you guys are arguing about--from 2005 to 2009.
Was in Salem, VA (outside of Roanoke, close to Blacksburg) for a few years before that
Was in Greensboro, NC, for a few years before Durham.
Has been in Durham since 2013. or thereabouts.

So let's not pretend that it hasn't moved around before, or that the ACC doesn't put things up for competitive bids, or that the league always plays favorites to tobacco road.

My guess is that Greenville, SC, or Greensboro, NC will get the nod. Maybe Jax has an outside shot.

It's not going to be played in an MLB park.

And it's not going to be in Charlotte or Louisville--both cities have bid on the tourney in the past, but both have AAA minor league teams, like Durham, and they'll be affected by the same International League rules that prohibit Durham from hosting.

or that the league always plays favorites to tobacco road

Advertisement
Dude, you didn't even know that the league actually does put the tourney site up for competitive bidding. I'm guessing you didn't know that the tourney had previously been in Jax. So please....just stop.

I'm not sure I see a connection to the ACC ******** over the non-Carolina teams and your comment? Oh, I know the ACC has the best interest of all the teams at heart, wink*wink

I'm not sure I see a connection to the ACC ******** over the non-Carolina teams and your comment? Oh, I know the ACC has the best interest of all the teams at heart, wink*wink

Like I said in my initial post on this, I know it's fun to play the "Us against the world" card, but the ACC isn't "******** over the non-Carolina teams.

For those who don't seem to know, the tourney hasn't always been in Durham.

It was in Jacksonville--the very Jacksonville that you guys are arguing about--from 2005 to 2009.
Was in Salem, VA (outside of Roanoke, close to Blacksburg) for a few years before that
Was in Greensboro, NC, for a few years before Durham.
Has been in Durham since 2013. or thereabouts.

So let's not pretend that it hasn't moved around before, or that the ACC doesn't put things up for competitive bids, or that the league always plays favorites to tobacco road.

My guess is that Greenville, SC, or Greensboro, NC will get the nod. Maybe Jax has an outside shot.

It's not going to be played in an MLB park.

And it's not going to be in Charlotte or Louisville--both cities have bid on the tourney in the past, but both have AAA minor league teams, like Durham, and they'll be affected by the same International League rules that prohibit Durham from hosting.

Every single person is aware of the bidding and the fact that the game has moved around.

Outside of Jacksonville, the rest of those locations are a joke.

Greensboro, NC is in the same metropolitan statistical area as Durham, NC. Salem, VA is just a bit further from Greensboro than Durham is from Greensboro. So the ACC has "moved around" the tournament within a 100 mile radius of Greensboro.

Again, I've made the point that we need to MANAGE our own tournament better. I realize that under the status quo, a bunch of crap towns with nothing better to do are going to bid for a tournament with only a few thousand attendees. I get that.

But from top to bottom, the ACC needs to manage baseball better. More TV coverage. More exposure. More attendance. More media reports. I realize that most people are not aware of what is happening with college baseball and with ACC baseball. We have a monster TV contract right now, we have plenty of programming hours to fill, particularly after the ACC hoops tournament ends. We need to start thinking and acting differently, instead of defending the ACC for having "competitive bidding" that seems to put the baseball tournament within a 100 mile radius of Greensboro every year.

It's just that simple.

Advertisement
Back