Dunson portal

Advertisement
𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝘾𝘽 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧, 𝙏𝙤𝙥 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

𝘾𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙞
𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙫𝙚𝙧
𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝
𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙨
𝙍𝙤𝙙𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨
Couch?

You and him can
go away gtfo GIF

Sometimes it takes a while for a clear picture to emerge, for something approximating the actual truth of what happened to reveal itself.

We can discuss the pluses and minuses of Manny Diaz as a coach, whether some like his fire house meet in the backfield routine or overall general philosophy, those are all discussions to be had among many others, regarding his tenure as a head coach.

But the more time passes, there’s one thing that becomes so apparent it’s not even up for discussion. His recruiting was terrible, just god-awful.

We could name a few players that have done well, but his hit ratio is atrocious.

That’s not how you build a team.

Not to excuse the complete and utter failure of this year and of the coaching, because even with the talent deficit, they didn’t put the players in the best position to win, and that’s on the coaches.

But it’s clear now, that the recruiting and talent evaluation from 2017 to 2021 was just completely atrocious

Advertisement
Sometimes it takes a while for a clear picture to emerge, for something approximating the actual truth of what happened to reveal itself.

We can discuss the pluses and minuses of Manny Diaz as a coach, whether some like his fire house meet in the backfield routine or overall general philosophy, those are all discussions to be had among many others, regarding his tenure as a head coach.

But the more time passes, there’s one thing that becomes so apparent it’s not even up for discussion. His recruiting was terrible, just god-awful.

We could name a few players that have done well, but his hit ratio is atrocious.

Not to excuse the complete and utter failure of this year and of the coaching, because even with the talent deficit, they didn’t put the players in the best position to win, and that’s on the coaches.

But it’s clear now, that the recruiting and talent evaluation from 2017 to 2021 was just completely atrocious
Big facts and then you have the info on this board from people that saw it up close that adds to it.

It’s not an excuse to have our team perform the way they did this year, but Mario walked into a disaster of a roster for sure, by Miami standards anyway. I’m sitting here looking at that 2019 class in particular and it’s a program killer.

There’s no debating this!

Advertisement
My bad bro
I love you man. It’s just the font is harder to read. I used a similar one for a tagline I think but left the normal post text the same. I don’t think Andrew could eliminate it anyhow as it’s likely a bundled widget thing.

Not accurate. Just let them move on and don’t trash them on the way out. He signed up to be a Cane. He didn’t cut it here so let him move on while we bring in players who fit what our HC is looking for. Don’t be pieces of **** as it’s unnecessary and it reflects badly to others considering UM.
Agreed. I don't mind the comments about kids who acted a fool on social media or off the field and then left, but not kids who kept their noses clean and just didn't develop as expected. No reason to bash kids who handled things the right way.

Agreed. I don't mind the comments about kids who acted a fool on social media or off the field and then left, but not kids who kept their noses clean and just didn't develop as expected. No reason to bash kids who handled things the right way.
I agree. Even if they were yo-yo’s but they leave respectfully, let it go. If they take shots at us on the way out then I understand the sour grapes in return though I wouldn’t go overboard.

Advertisement
Big facts and then you have the info on this board from people that saw it up close that adds to it.

It’s not an excuse to have our team perform the way they did this year, but Mario walked into a disaster of a roster for sure, by Miami standards anyway. I’m sitting here looking at that 2019 class in particular and it’s a program killer.

There’s no debating this!

It hurts even more when you look at just players from the south Florida during that time frame, and what they went on to do in other schools.

No, I’m not talking about the obvious five stars - they were going to get bagged up at Alabama, Georgia, or LSU.

I’m talking about non-five stars, that went on to have great seasons at other schools. Guys that were rated 4 stars, whether they were mid four stars or between three and four stars.

It’s depressing to even make a list of them.

Not only did he miss on the recruiting part, he missed on the evaluation part. There were some really nice players that we didn’t even take a look at, that we should have. Sure we have to keep going after the five stars especially with NIL now available as a tool, but to be successful in recruiting you’ve got to be able to really evaluate the heck out of those mid-4 stars and even three stars. We did none of that.

Just to add a layer of flavor to this:

2017 had 25 commits:
60% attrition rate (from transfers alone)

2018 had 23 commits:
65% attrition rate (from transfers alone)

2019 had 18 commits:
56% attrition rate (from transfers alone)

2020 had 21 commits:
43% attrition rate (from transfers alone)

The left overs from these classes? Woooooo Child! That’s all I can say.

Advertisement
We tried to talk ourselves into a 4.9/40 CB being a good prospect. SMH
I got soooo much smoke for calling that out, now I bet everyone gonna **** on the kid.. LOL.. This board..

Either way, he should of left before the season.. Writing was on the wall, most people dont rotate corners, we were like 8 deep. I said it when the other kid tranfered that more should go cuz they wont get reps with lockdown Ivey holding down a spot. We have Cormani coming in at 6'2 150 pounds, ideally you sit him with the string bean DE and develop them but he is consensus top 3 player so politics we have to put him on field to get cooked.. Hope we dont bust another 5 star but we got no choice.. Writing on wall for the other guys, he gonna get reps

This kid was somehow a 4 star by the way. When anyone disingenuously uses the blue chip ratio to defend the roster that Mario inherited

I’m not going to say anything negative about him personally, nor did you, but this just goes back to the evaluation standard.

I think one of the reasons that schools like Alabama and Georgia and so on are successful, is they have a ton of people and devote a ton of resources to constantly watching film going to games and really digging deep into not just the athletic and football ability, but the characteristics (both athletics and personality wise) of the people that they recruit, or will recruit, if they decide to target them.

Never ceases to amaze guys on here bashing these young guys and calling them JAG’s when they probably never stepped on a football field other than maybe carrying a water bottle.

As long as these guys leave respectfully, wish them well on their journey.

Advertisement
Back