Duke

Advertisement
Those UM football fans and Duke basketball fans on this board about to be heated.
milli vanilli fraud GIF

They all frauds

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do people still want Coach L fired? The feeling was pretty unanimous coming into this season. Maybe rethinking that?
Like Cribby said, it was warranted. Program has been a disaster for 3 years with lots of guys transferring. Nice to see coach and team stepping up. Let’s see if they can sustain it through ACC play. Rough stretch coming up.

Do people still want Coach L fired? The feeling was pretty unanimous coming into this season. Maybe rethinking that?
I’m still in the he can “retire” very soon camp. As in he gets one more year at most. And honestly I would force him to hire an assistant who recruits and develops big men. For whatever reason L just can’t do it himself. His roster management is still a mess.

But to answer your question I wouldn’t “fire” him after this season.

Advertisement
Kansas lost so they could drop out of top 10. Texas and Iowa State also lost. Top 10 is possible.
That would be a **** of a leap. To go from not even receiving any AP votes to being top 10 in 1 week is amazing. Has that ever been done before?

I’m still in the he can “retire” very soon camp. As in he gets one more year at most. And honestly I would force him to hire an assistant who recruits and develops big men. For whatever reason L just can’t do it himself. His roster management is still a mess.

He has a top 20 recruiting class signed for next year including a top 60 6’11 forward/center.

Advertisement
L is a great coach but it was at a point where you couldn’t defend him. This was do or die season and he’s doing.

He felt that Rick Pitino heat when Jurich‘s name was being thrown around.

"Experience should be a plus as long as it doesn't become complacency. If you say, 'We're not going to change; we didn't do it that way before,' then you've become too old." -Marv Levy

From what I've seen during the streak, Wong was most often the catalyst. But it was a team effort. Different guys stepped up at different times.
Thanks dude... to be honest I’m not a big hoops fan... and what I did see last year was depressing as ****. My son who does follow hoops a lot has been telling me to tune in... and now that Comcast has ACCN I’m gonna definitely watch.

He has a top 20 recruiting class signed for next year including a top 60 6’11 forward/center.
What’s your point? He couldn’t develop Huell who was a 5 star. He never developed Reggie Johnson. Tonye was never more than serviceable. There is zero track record with big men.

Winning with guard play is great and fun to watch, but you can’t win consistently without a front court in this conference. And as we’ve seen he takes his best teams to the tournament and loses to inferior teams, bc they have an off shooting night, and don’t have someone to lean on inside.

Advertisement
What’s your point? He couldn’t develop Huell who was a 5 star. He never developed Reggie Johnson. Tonye was never more than serviceable. There is zero track record with big men.

Winning with guard play is great and fun to watch, but you can’t win consistently without a front court in this conference. And as we’ve seen he takes his best teams to the tournament and loses to inferior teams, bc they have an off shooting night, and don’t have someone to lean on inside.
My point is your complaint not having a big is after miami signed the #59 player in the country who is a 6’11 center this year as part of a consensus top 20 recruiting class.

You’re gonna talk about Huell? He averaged 11/7 as a sophomore and lost his last season to the NCAA.

Gamble, Jekiri… heck even Izundu (11/8 his senior year) were all major project guys who L turned into ACC level bigs.

To say L hasn’t developed bigs is literally laughable. He hasn’t been able to recruit an elite true center until this year… but he has successfully developed the **** outta who he had.

He’s not retiring this year unless we somehow get the 30 wins (and honestly probably at least a Final Four trip at that point) he needs to get to 700, and decides to ride off into the sunset.

My point is your complaint not having a big is after miami signed the #59 player in the country who is a 6’11 center this year as part of a consensus top 20 recruiting class.

You’re gonna talk about Huell? He averaged 11/7 as a sophomore and lost his last season to the NCAA.

Gamble, Jekiri… heck even Izundu (11/8 his senior year) were all major project guys who L turned into ACC level bigs.

To say L hasn’t developed bigs is literally laughable. He hasn’t been able to recruit an elite true center until this year… but he has successfully developed the **** outta who he had.
Your idea of an “ACC” level big is laughable. None of those guys outside of Jekiri were serviceable. Huell wasn’t stopping anyone. He didn’t come close to living up to his 5 star rating. L didn’t develop Gamble.

Advertisement
Back