Duke not doing returns

Canes1135

Sophomore
From TOS. Duke will not be doing returns, just offense. While I'm glad because this will help him stay healthy, I feel like we're taking some TDs off the board along with excellent starting field position for a true freshmen QB. I know we have weapons but Duke is just on another level.

Advertisement
From TOS. Duke will not be doing returns, just offense. While I'm glad because this will help him stay healthy, I feel like we're taking some TDs off the board along with excellent starting field position for a true freshmen QB. I know we have weapons but Duke is just on another level.

Good. We shouldn't need him doing returns.

We'll be fine... there are other who can handle this.
Duke needs to be healthy for the entire season.

Good. We shouldn't need him doing returns.

I bet we see him out there during certain situations. He's just too **** good. But I agree we have a lot of talented return guys in the team, but Duke still is special back there

dont need him too. I have a feeling if he has another huge year, golden will tell him to go to NFL.

Advertisement
In big games he should be on returns. He is a game changer and a playmaker and you want him to have the ball.

Duke just needs to show he can stay healthy running the ball, nothing else. In an extreme situation, that could always change, but you need other guys back there the majority of the time.

I don't expect him to be taken completely off returns.

Expect him to be used situationally, opening kickoff and like after the half and whenever we need a big play. But I expect to see him less there.

Smart move by staff, need him more fresh on offense.

Coley is the right guy to have there cause he won't have as much wear and tear due to being a receiver.

Duke is due for a huge year at RB anyways, gonna need that extra stamina for offense, should be used situationally on Kick return like I mentioned.

On kick returns I expect us to have Coley, Burns, Waters, and Elder. Duke situationally. Maybe Gray could crack in.

On punt returns I expect us to have Coley, Lewis, Berrios and Elder, maybe Carter.

I don't want Dorsett on returns. Exclusive WR is where I want him.

Adrian Peterson use to return kickoffs, and then someone realized that it isn't worth having a guy like that back there. The chance of getting a big return isn't that high, especially compared with the chance of injury on such a violent play. But during the playoffs, at the end of the game when you need a big return, Peterson still finds his way on to the field for a return.

Other guys have shown the ability to be successful on returns, no reason not to use them first. Duke is far too important to risk injury on a couple special teams plays a game. I expect at least one return per game against FSU, VT, Nebraska and Louisville. Outside of those, trailing in the fourth quarter against anyone else might be the only other time.

Advertisement
Adrian Peterson use to return kickoffs, and then someone realized that it isn't worth having a guy like that back there. The chance of getting a big return isn't that high, especially compared with the chance of injury on such a violent play. But during the playoffs, at the end of the game when you need a big return, Peterson still finds his way on to the field for a return.

Other guys have shown the ability to be successful on returns, no reason not to use them first. Duke is far too important to risk injury on a couple special teams plays a game. I expect at least one return per game against FSU, VT, Nebraska and Louisville. Outside of those, trailing in the fourth quarter against anyone else might be the only other time.

With Duke returning the chance is actually pretty high. Very high. Our best KR combo is Duke/Coley by far. I'm not against him being left off of returns this season if he is going to carry the load though. I still hope we still use him situationally.

We have plenty of explosive athletes. We shouldn't need Duke back there. He'll still most likely see a few returns in key situations like what's been said in here already because he's so special. But we have athletes that can fill in on returns.

Advertisement
You guys think Duke is the best return man on the team? I dont, its Coley all the way. Duke wont have a problem getting touches, you gotta get Coley as many touches as possible outside of the passing game.

Advertisement
About **** time. Duke is a playmaker no doubt but he's also been injury prone at times. Let him focus on just offense. There's plenty of other guys who can handle the returning.

Advertisement
Back