Dug up some old pictures from the Orange Bowl...

drewm3i

Junior
and thought I'd share! Taken from before, during, and after Duke @ Miami in 2007 at our beloved OB. Miss the cheap general admission tickets in the WEZ and that gorgeous setting for football. Enjoy!

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20041_zpskrbaoori.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20042_zpszr4jdwxo.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20021_zpsjs9twzd5.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20004_zps2gxbfjbv.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20003_zpsaifwmnyz.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20007_zpshmvfa5xw.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20006_zpssfqs8xvc.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20009_zpscwoz0n7v.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20010_zpseg2m5uyw.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20011_zpspjbl0tz4.jpg

Canes%20Vs.%20Duke%202007%20012_zps3h8ugjuf.jpg

Advertisement
****, goosebumps, chopping onions, and nauseous all at the same time.

On another note...I was talking to a buddy the other day about the OB - does anyone remember those 2 orange and green motorized goggly eyed creatures that used to be in the East End Zone? He had no idea what I was talking about. I tried googling and couldn't find any photos or info about those things.

Advertisement

On another note...I was talking to a buddy the other day about the OB - does anyone remember those 2 orange and green motorized goggly eyed creatures that used to be in the East End Zone? He had no idea what I was talking about. I tried googling and couldn't find any photos or info about those things.
Don't remember them to be honest. I remember the inflatable thing with a rope that kids would try to run against.

Advertisement
Absolute disgrace that she was allowed to deteriorate and torn down.

That is, and I imagine will remain, the top overall sports-related bummer of my lifetime.

Palm trees in the open endzone. So sweet.

Oh yeah. Miami maniac style googly eyed pacman ghost things. I remember em.

edit: check it out at 16:10 of this vid from the 89 ND vs UM game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovta2yFLccU

Last edited:

One of my first memories of that stadium was being a kid and wondering what the heck the orange and green fur balls with eyes were! I also remember trying to figure it out a few years back with no luck.

Advertisement
Great pics, better memories, best college stadium...period.

The demise of that venue is one of the greatest failings in the history of Miami, Dade County, and collegiate athletics.

Advertisement
My first experience in the OB was at a rodeo. Many of the fans bought tickets to the rodeo so they could watch a Brooklynn Dodger Spring training game that was sold out next door. The ramps were a great viewing spot for the baseball game.

Advertisement
Back