Dug up some old pictures from the Orange Bowl...

such a shame we couldn't save the greatest home field advantage the world has ever seen.

That is one of the greatest travesties in all of sports history.

Advertisement
It lived, it breathed, it had a soul. Might've been a dump, but it was OUR dump, and I miss it dearly.

There was no better place to watch football than the OB. SLS sucks.

****, goosebumps, chopping onions, and nauseous all at the same time.

On another note...I was talking to a buddy the other day about the OB - does anyone remember those 2 orange and green motorized goggly eyed creatures that used to be in the East End Zone? He had no idea what I was talking about. I tried googling and couldn't find any photos or info about those things.

Harry and Harrieta Cane

Can't find a picture of them though.

Advertisement
Has to be one of the most storied venues of all time. So many great games, so many holy **** moments. I miss little Havana.

Go Canes!

You can blame the destruction of the OB on no other than Donna ******* Shalala. ******* Liberal **** ruined everything about Miami football. She could have bought the OB for $16m but decided not to because she thought we needed an "nfl type" stadium with advanced facilities. . :mad-new::mad-new:

Advertisement
Kyle Wright to Miami!!!

He wasn't as bad as we think. 3 OC's, two crappy coaches, WR's who couldn't catch and would tip passes and they would get picked off, and also he had a poor to average OL.
Nothing average about the OL he played behind. It was pure garbage.

05 and 06 were okay. 07 was putrid. Yet we still have kehoe...

I dont believe kehoe was on that 07 staff, was let go after 05.

Any pictures of middle aged parents and gang members drinking together as the canes taunted their way to another victory?

Advertisement
That was a beautiful place to watch the Canes! It was a pleasure to fly down from NJ twice a year to watch Games, down there...

Kyle Wright to Miami!!!

He wasn't as bad as we think. 3 OC's, two crappy coaches, WR's who couldn't catch and would tip passes and they would get picked off, and also he had a poor to average OL.
Nothing average about the OL he played behind. It was pure garbage.

05 and 06 were okay. 07 was putrid. Yet we still have kehoe...

I dont believe kehoe was on that 07 staff, was let go after 05.

Yes you're right, my bad!

Two things I'll tell my kids about when I'm older. The original Yankee stadium and the beloved Orange Bowl. First place I ever peed in a troth. Still have my seat number.

Advertisement
You arent a UM fan unless you
- Sat in the West End Zone where it was General Admin - for FSU and ND you better have a seat 90 min's before kick off
- The rust from the upper deck would fall into your warm flat beer....... but it didnt matter
- After warms up and before the players would go into the locker room, they would turn and walk towards the fans in the WEZ and the place would shake

We need to move on and build a better more suitable home. Its history, can't change but accept it. When are we going to start the banner for stadium, aviation project? That's the next step. We need to catch up to CFB as it is today. Playing in SLS is not acceptable.

Advertisement
Back