Tears Duck Tears

Advertisement
Jimbo knew they didn't want to spend and he left to a more committed program. That's the only reason he left if not he would still be there. The talent level started to fade and he couldn't win those recruiting battles anymore.
He likely would be fired from FSU by now if he’d gone 8-4 every year like he does at A&M

Advertisement
He likely would be fired from FSU by now if he’d gone 8-4 every year like he does at A&M
I think what keeps those coaches alive is the classes coming in. If there was no hope those coaches would be cooked. If u have a bad class in the 10 range with no high value difference makers and it's beefed up by mad 4 stars and one 5 star no one wants (elite schools) and your losing you are finished. That was my problem with Manny he didn't recruit well so there was no hope coming in with no hope on the field. I'm ok with some losses till the roster is stacked..when I see the #1 OT coming here (which would never happen under any previous staff besides Butch) then I know things will turn around eventually. That's a true high caliber NFL prospect and he's not the only one.

That way of recruiting is a recipe for disaster if u want to become a national power.

I think what keeps those coaches alive is the classes coming in. If there was no hope those coaches would be cooked. If u have a bad class in the 10 range with no high value difference makers and it's beefed up by mad 4 stars and one 5 star no one wants (elite schools) and your losing you are finished. That was my problem with Manny he didn't recruit well so there was no hope coming in with no hope on the field. I'm ok with some losses till the roster is stacked..when I see the #1 OT coming here (which would never happen under any previous staff besides Butch) then I know things will turn around eventually. That's a true high caliber NFL prospect and he's not the only one.

That way of recruiting is a recipe for disaster if u want to become a national power.
You don’t need an entire roster of 5 stars to win more than 8 games.

Oregon fans:

Mario will never leave us.

Please don’t leave us Mario.

He’s overrated and we upgraded.

This loss is on Mario.

Also from Oregon fans…

Mario is a crappy game day coach and micro manages the offense.

Herbert!

Mario only excels at recruiting.

Mario left the cupboard bare for lanning.

Advertisement
The ball better break your way that season if u want to fall into those 8 games
36 teams won more than 8 games last year. 23 from P5 conferences including Notre Dame and BYU. It’s not really that odd. Quite a few of those teams have zero 5 star players.

Advertisement
Folks, UO went into an essential home game against UGA, u know, the defending Nat’l Champs, w/ an intact O roster, coaching staff sans Lanning & a roster composed of the #2, #1, #3, & #3 ranked recruiting classes.

They had zero shot of winning, especially when their starting QB is Bo Nix. Bo was a lifetime AU fan, spoke becoming an AU QB to existence, & failed miserably. He’s to UGA as Rix was to us.

The fact is, UO roster is not remotely on UGA’s level. The roster is on the middling PAC-12 level. Lanning is a brand new coach that lost some playmakers on both sides. Mario had the #8, #14, #7, & when he left, UO’s ‘22 class slipped to #16. Again, certainly not on UGA’s level.

But the ? about does facilities matter: lol. I’m pretty sure even though UO doesn’t have a natty to speak of, they’ve played in a couple of those games & their trophy case of prestigious bowl games (NY6), & Conference Titles chits on any team not named UGA, Bama, LSU, Clemson, UO or OSU since 2010.

Really not sure why this board is obsessed w/ UO; half of ya’ll ninjas didn’t even want Mario, don’t think I 4got. I’m not talking 2015 Mario, I’m talking this off season Mario.

Folks, UO went into an essential home game against UGA, u know, the defending Nat’l Champs, w/ an intact O roster, coaching staff sans Lanning & a roster composed of the #2, #1, #3, & #3 ranked recruiting classes.

They had zero shot of winning, especially when their starting QB is Bo Nix. Bo was a lifetime AU fan, spoke becoming an AU QB to existence, & failed miserably. He’s to UGA as Rix was to us.

The fact is, UO roster is not remotely on UGA’s level. The roster is on the middling PAC-12 level. Lanning is a brand new coach that lost some playmakers on both sides. Mario had the #8, #14, #7, & when he left, UO’s ‘22 class slipped to #16. Again, certainly not on UGA’s level.

But the ? about does facilities matter: lol. I’m pretty sure even though UO doesn’t have a natty to speak of, they’ve played in a couple of those games & their trophy case of prestigious bowl games (NY6), & Conference Titles chits on any team not named UGA, Bama, LSU, Clemson, UO or OSU since 2010.

Really not sure why this board is obsessed w/ UO; half of ya’ll ninjas didn’t even want Mario, don’t think I 4got. I’m not talking 2015 Mario, I’m talking this off season Mario.
I wanted him this offseason, and since I am the official writer of this thread:

dont you put that evil on me GIF

Advertisement

People mostly wanted him this year, no? I mean Lane was the big counter to Mario but I thought he had decent support this time.

People mostly wanted him this year, no? I mean Lane was the big counter to Mario but I thought he had decent support this time.

Man, we had folks vouching for Diaz to stay here, & low key still caping for that dude, & of course the Choo-Choo Lane Train. Had ppl in here including FIU records & chit to justify him not coming. Lol

Man, we had folks vouching for Diaz to stay here, & low key still caping for that dude, & of course the Choo-Choo Lane Train. Had ppl in here including FIU records & chit to justify him not coming. Lol
There were a few Manny apologists. They’re known and minimized themselves. There were some Lane Train guys for certain. The most anti-Mario for HC stuff was when they hired Diaz I thought???

Advertisement
Back