Tears Duck Tears

From late night Duck 247 reporter:

Mario Cristobal left Las Vegas on Saturday, but before doing so he saw Oregon target Cyrus Moss in person. Cristobal then flew to Utah to check in on Oregon commits and defensive prospects Ben Roberts and Harrison Taggart. Oregon linebacker coach Ken Wilson and defensive line coach Joe Salave'a flew with Cristobal to Utah and the trio of coaches spent time with the entire family of both prospects. Sunday involved another flight, and this time it was Oregon's coaches going to Southern California. In the San Diego area, Cristobal met with four of Oregon's highest-rated recruits. He saw four-star wide receiver Tetairoa McMillan, four-star cornerbacks Jalil Tucker and Jahlil Florence, and then four-star defensive lineman Gracen Halton.

Sources told DuckTerritory.com that at each stop Cristobal was asked about the Miami rumors and he tried to explain a decision hadn't been made at this time and to reassure his commitments things would work out. Speaking with one source, a few of Oregon's commits were open to the idea of playing for Oregon if Cristobal left the program, but who they would hire in his place would greatly impact their decisions. A different source told DuckTerritory.com that multiple commits were encouraged by what Cristobal told them and his future with the Ducks. DuckTerritory.com was also informed that multiple recruits are understanding that this is a tough situation for Cristobal, but are frustrated at the lack of information and how this could put them in a really tough spot on sticking with Oregon or opening things up before National Signing Day in less than two weeks should Cristobal move on.

Cristobal arrived in Eugene Sunday evening and we're told there is no current meeting with players scheduled for Monday, but a source told us that could change in a moment's notice and the players be pulled into the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex. For now, players have been informed of their week off of football activities to allow them to focus on this quarter's final exams, while also being instructed to try and stay off social media and to not believe everything that's being said. Easier said than done.

A source who spoke to DuckTerritory Sunday evening said a decision by Cristobal hadn't been announced internally yet, and the feeling was Cristobal was going back and forth on his decision of what to do. The same source however stated internally at Oregon, the confidence in keeping Cristobal has diminished over the last 48 hours. He however didn't rule out the scenario where Cristobal informs Oregon on Monday he is staying in Eugene.
There a lot of hedging going on in this article.

Advertisement
If Cristobal's wife isn't happy living in Oregon, his family is in Miami, he's from Miami, he'll make the same amount or more, as if it matters at that level really, and he'll have an even easier time recruiting, it makes sense for him to make the move. He has an NFL QB for at least a year, and Garcia, if lined up after that, if he can wait a year to start. I still think he has some things to figure out, like winning that one game a year he's been losing when he shouldn't. Utah is just a better team this year, so I don't count those games this year. He'll definitely bring some hype back. If he could get Brady as OC....

If Cristobal's wife isn't happy living in Oregon, his family is in Miami, he's from Miami, he'll make the same amount or more, as if it matters at that level really, and he'll have an even easier time recruiting, it makes sense for him to make the move. He has an NFL QB for at least a year, and Garcia, if lined up after that, if he can wait a year to start. I still think he has some things to figure out, like winning that one game a year he's been losing when he shouldn't. Utah is just a better team this year, so I don't count those games this year. He'll definitely bring some hype back. If he could get Brady as OC....
I think we’ll be back to the days of jimmy & joe’ing other teams to death if he comes. I think we will recruit with the absolute best of them with Mario & that’s the main reason why I wouldn’t be mad with the hire.

If Miami and Oregon reach the level where Bama is right now do they actually think Oregon would be the bigger program. Miami is a program that can make not only college football bigger but all
of sports. It’s an international brand that is recognized worldwide like the yankee logo or the cowboys star. We just have to get our shot together in coral gables and once this train starts rolling ain’t no stopping it.

Early signing day is in two weeks. National signing day is next year. The recruits have time to make their decisions.

Advertisement
You ain't lyin!!
I showed up in Huntington Beach to surf Cali, back in 85. Straight out of Florida. Young and brash and without any type of wet suit. I was in the water at dawn for my first session in the Pacific and after about an hour, some dude paddles over to me and says... you ain't from around here are ya? I was literally starting to shiver. The only thing keeping me warm was dropping into 10 ft. bombs!! Needless to say. The first thing I did after getting out of the water that day was score a spring suit.
That's why when I started going on surf trips in the late 80's we decided Costa Rica would be better than my buddies place in San Diego. We wanted warm water, reef and sand breaks and cheap. Man we're those the days.

Advertisement
He would be an absolute fool not to strike now. Both UF and FSU are in a weird spot. Norvell is a walking fool and Napier just got hired. Mario could absolutely cleanup in recruiting and has a head start in the QB race. I'd take TVD & Garcia over anything those 2 schools have and it's not close.

Advertisement
I'm not on Twitter, but I am petty when it comes to other fanbases dogging this U.

Go forth and pull receipts brothers. Feel free to screen shot and share Duck tears.

km_20211205-1_1080p_1.gif

km_20211204-2_1080p(1)_1.gif

km_20211204-1_1080p_1.gif

km_20211204_1080p_1.gif

km_20211203-4_1080p_1.gif

km_20211203-3_1080p(1)_1.gif

ezgif-2-33f9da583e07.gif

km_20211201-1_720p_1.gif

20211123_173739.gif

ezgif-1-67c8f0657b4a.gif

Advertisement
I got nothing but respect for the Ducks. Beating the **** out of Winston and FSPoo in the playoffs. Fans upset the best coach since Chip is leaving and we all know how hard it is to get the right coaches. Let them be salty we would be if it was us.

Advertisement
Back