Tears Duck Tears

This can be a better job historically but right now a lot of other jobs are better given that they’re easier in terms of fanbase and Administration. Our fanbase is what it is but if the BOT puts the right AD in place, and the right HC is hired, this job can become premier again.
Do you think our fan base is any different than other fanbases of teams who’ve won championships in the modern era? I gotta think any other fan base that knows it’s team can compete nationally, would react the same given similar circumstances.

Advertisement
Stadium isn’t a factor to Mario most likely considering he won two rings for a program that doesn’t have its own stadium
Money equal or even close to equal - A guy with Cuban heritage, from Miami, played in Miami, family in Miami, best friend/assistant coach (Mirabal) is from Miami, won 2 rings at Miami, loves Miami is not turning down a job at Miami (Bad blood with the AD aside - that's the only thing that would make it not happen). People are delusional if they think it wouldn't happen and he would just say no because of Oregon. Presents a chance to reunite with another friend and teammate in Kevin Patrick.

Like I said - money equal or close - and it can be if they want it to be, they just have to do it - they missed the home town discount period

They may try to make it happen with Blake James and rebuild that bridge but if that's the barrier to it getting done. He'll be shown the door.

Stadium situation makes no difference at all. The IPF is on par with Oregon. The locker room is about to go through a face lift and he could drive that project how he wants. Facilities isn't a factor.

I dont know the answer to this question but...Is Oregon's BOT better than ours? Then you will know which HC job is better!
Not true with the right AD. A BOT which gives carte Blanche to a good AD is the best possible scenario. It appears our BOT lets our AD do whatever he wants as long as investigations aren’t involved.

Y’all might want to do a Ducks Tears thread.

The comment section salted my eggs for breakfast.

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Do you think our fan base is any different than other fanbases of teams who’ve won championships in the modern era? I gotta think any other fan base that knows it’s team can compete nationally, would react the same given similar circumstances.
Oregon is where he’s at so it’s their fanbase vs ours and that’s a much easier group than ours. There are other jobs like the gaytor job which have difficult fanbases

I'm too busy crying over here about the Canes to be thinking about someone else crying

Hear me out on this and let me know what you think.

I don't fully agree that modern day teams need to have the best local recruits stay home. Does it help? Absolutely! But, that doesn't happen as much today. Miami was able to capitalize on it back in the 80s and 90s before the internet and social media was really a thing. Showing out for you city meant something back then. Today? That's towards the bottom of the list of things that important to recruits. It's more of the cherry on top but some people hate cherries so they will decline one if given the choice.

How many top rated kids today grow up in Miami, root for Miami since the age of 4, and then go to Georgia, LSU, OSU, Alabama, etc? Also, how many kids grow up in Miami, root for FSPoo or Gaytor since the age of 4, and then go to Georgia, Oklahoma, OSU, Alabama, etc? Playing for the team you grew up watching is usually whoever was/is dominate at the time you were easily influenced as a kid and then is still relevant today. Another crazy thing, the class of '22 and '23 (born in what? ~05-07?) has never seen Miami be anything other than absolutely mediocre IN THEIR LIVES.

Today, top rated kids will go to the schools with the best facilities, willing to pay them the most, and put them in the best position to continue to the NFL. Basically money, coaching, and the ability to compete at a top 10+ program that has a chance of going to the CFP. This is usually in-spite of whoever their 'dream school' growing up was. Their dream school is whoever has the prior mentioned resources at the age of 16-17 when they get those recruiting stars and schools flying out to see them.
You’re right. Kids don’t care about their childhood teams or showing out for your city…. It’s now a business decision. You can also throw in the fact that every team can be found on TV today, as opposed to the 80s when the only games available were the home team and whoever else ABC decided to show that day.

Advertisement
Was FSU ? Cause willie bounced out of there faster than a hooker after a nut.
Cash grab. Dude is capitalizing on FSU being desperate, impatient and not vetting the coach properly. Miami will view that as a cautionary tale.

Okay then explain it to me since I don't know, your plugged in to the Oregon athletic department right?...

Go look at our facilities and then look at Oregon

Go look at their football investments then look at ours

Go look at how much they pay their staff then look at ours...

We have alumni and plugged in boosters saying how much a **** show we are right now.

Then you see Oregon and all their success, you see their 100+ million football facilities with all the bells and whistles. They are a program on the rise and we're on the decline. Were viewed as a joke around the rest of the country. So yes I do think Oregon is a better job
Let me guess, in between living in Alabama/cheering for the tide and Florida/acting like a canes fan you spent your summers in Oregon as well?

Advertisement
Where is all this Nike money? Have they signed any of Oregon’s kids to deals yet? If they have I haven’t heard about it. This whole NIL thing isn’t leveling the playing field for anybody. The top .25% of kids will make life changing money. Everybody else will get a little. It’s not stopping the bag schools from dominating And it’s certainly not bringing Oregon up to their level.

So looking at it fairly:

- Both play in a bad conference and divisions
- Miami has a location advantage, recruiting of course included
- Oregon isn’t a rebuild, Miami is
- Oregon has better facilities but Miami is good enough to not lose guys bc of it
- NIL opportunities are essentially even if Nike is signing players. If not Miami wins that

I’m struggling to see how Oregon is a slam dunk better job. It’s better right now bc of Mario. If he did the same at Miami it wouldn’t even be close. At their peaks Miami is three times the job Oregon will ever be or ever has been.
Luigi excluded, the ceiling on Oregon is and always will be lower than Miami's potential (even if we all die before seeing it reached again). A playoff participation trophy is essentially what they're capped at.

Advertisement
Luigi excluded, the ceiling on Oregon is and always will be lower than Miami's potential (even if we all die before seeing it reached again). A playoff participation trophy is essentially what they're capped at.
And that will be even more difficult if USC hires a top coach and recruiter.

Advertisement
Back