DT Willis back enrolled in classes at UM

View as article
Hopefully he got his affairs in order and issues resolved. Glad he is enrolled again and continuing on with his education. Good for GW. This could ultimately help us/him with next years depth.

Advertisement
Last edited:
This is HUGE for 2018 if he comes back. We may possibly lose both our starting DT's. This is very big, great to hear.

Will he participate in team activities, even if that doesn't include practice?

No. If you aren't on the roster, you can't do any team activities such as workouts

Is there a more official roster that Richt keeps in his desk drawer? I'm asking for myself.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 6.57.28 AM.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he is on the roster let him play the season opener in mop up duty. Then following week at Ark state play him a little more.
Will need all the savages for Week 3 to play.

Advertisement
Gerald Willis is 22 right now, if he chooses to come back he'll be 24 should he make it to an NFL roster. Those years count to NFL front offices. If he's not trying to get his degree immediately, then he should work as hard as he can in the classroom, forego college football and try to turn pro. He can always come back to finish his degree, if he wants it.

Unless your draft stock can be dramatically improved (Delaney, D.), coming back to play for free is dumb.

I hope you're not advising kids in any capacity in real life.

Gerald Willis is 22 right now, if he chooses to come back he'll be 24 should he make it to an NFL roster. Those years count to NFL front offices. If he's not trying to get his degree immediately, then he should work as hard as he can in the classroom, forego college football and try to turn pro. He can always come back to finish his degree, if he wants it.

Unless your draft stock can be dramatically improved (Delaney, D.), coming back to play for free is dumb.

Why would he come back to enroll in classes if his intentions were to enter the draft next spring? Wouldn't he just concentrate on working out and getting ready for workouts?

Advertisement
I talked to moms and she told me he never left the team... Don't know where there this came from

He was not in school or with the team over the summer. He was in LA. So he did leave the team for a bit

Lsu de Arden key did the same thing during spring and the first part of summer but came back. We need him next year more than this year really especially if he's not all the way healthy yet

Last edited:
Will he participate in team activities, even if that doesn't include practice?

No. If you aren't on the roster, you can't do any team activities such as workouts
Can he rejoin the roster and therefore workouts now that he is re-enrolled in class? I imagine won't be eligible to play with all the missed classes, but being able to workout and potentially practice on scout team would be beneficial.

Advertisement
Back